Author Topic: Ask FQA!  (Read 23259 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Ask FQA!
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2014, 08:17:46 pm »
I used a trackball once.

It's good for casual use, but using it for gaming is... I don't like using it for gaming.

I'm not close-minded to the idea, though, if you can give me proof that it can be good for gaming.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Art Vandelay

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2014, 08:35:48 pm »
They seemed to work fine for early 80's arcade cabinets.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2014, 09:15:01 pm »
I have only one question...mouse or trackball?

(Trackball is the correct my answer.)

People still use trackballs?

I'm using one right now, you unwashed heathen.

I could just never get used to them. Granted I used ball mice for the longest time before I was basically forced to get an optical. I could just never get the same sort of precision with a trackball than I could with a mouse.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2014, 08:16:38 am »
That's queer, because I can't get shit for precision with a regular mouse.  I've used a trackball exactly like the one I've got now to fly circles around damn near anyone I met back in the heyday of Battlefield: Vietnam, going so far as piloting an F4 Phantom sideways thru a dense Vietnamese jungle and managing to make it out unharmed...minus the small arms fire I took.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2014, 02:18:42 am »
I'm sure there are great alternatives out there, but I'm too used to a mouse to pick up anything new.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2014, 06:06:46 am »
Graphics tablets are awesome, I got one ages ago to use with Photoshop and it has almost completely replaced my mouse.  I only use my mouse now for games that don't work with the graphics tablet and pen (it seems only strategy games work with it, when I try to use it with FPS games for example I have almost no control at all, the slightlest movement will cause my character to spin round like 400 times...maybe there's a way round it by playing with the games' control settings but I've not really bothered to look into it).

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2014, 03:11:28 am »
I have one of the original DS models, so it's around 5 years old, if older.  A couple of years ago, I received a new battery for it for Christmas, since the old one wouldn't hold a charge anymore.  Now I'm experiencing the same thing.  And no, I haven't played it that often (I don't play it for months at a time), and I didn't leave it plugged in constantly.  When I try charging it, the orange light stays on for about a minute, if even that, and the battery life is just under 15 minutes.  Is it possible that the problem isn't with the battery, but the fact that the device is old?

Edit:  I just found that if I plug in the charger while the DS is both on and open, the orange charge light stays lit, but the moment I shut off the DS or close it, the light shuts off.  Simply opening the DS or turning it back on won't turn the light back on, so I have to turn it on and then replug it in.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 05:35:12 am by Iosa the Invincible »

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2014, 08:03:02 am »
Lithium ion batteries lose charge capacity with time (something like a 30% decrease every 2 years). It's possible that the aftermarket batteries are getting older, too.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2014, 11:56:02 am »
Anyone know a good way to paint a rubber/latex gas mask? I need to paint one black for a halloween costume, and looking around the internet has told me that regular paint won't work, but I can't get a definite answer on what will.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2014, 01:32:53 pm »
Anyone know a good way to paint a rubber/latex gas mask? I need to paint one black for a halloween costume, and looking around the internet has told me that regular paint won't work, but I can't get a definite answer on what will.

If you're worried about chipping, put on a coat of epoxy paint, let it dry, and put a clear polyurethane coat over it.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2014, 12:35:30 pm »
How do we reform criticism to prevent its stifling what it criticizes, without stifling the criticism itself?

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2014, 01:25:29 pm »
Is there anything wrong with criticism as it is currently applied? I'd have to have more context for this.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2014, 01:44:54 pm »
Is there anything wrong with criticism as it is currently applied? I'd have to have more context for this.

The Quinn bullshit / thing to make someone's entire lecture career out of.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 01:47:09 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2014, 04:10:54 pm »
How do we reform criticism to prevent its stifling what it criticizes, without stifling the criticism itself?

You require that said criticism be constructive and solution-oriented. Basically, if you can't suggest even the barest hint of a path to a solution, you shouldn't be bringing up the problem.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2015, 02:17:06 pm »
I downloaded some updates this morning and restarted my computer.  Now text looks weird in certain places, like Microsoft Works and Google Search (it looks normal on these forums though).  It looks kind of like when you try printing something when the printer is just starting to run out of ink.

I tried restarting the computer again, but that didn't fix it.  Does anyone here know what it could be?