Author Topic: Shooting at Muhammad Cartoon Contest  (Read 15518 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Shooting at Muhammad Cartoon Contest
« on: May 04, 2015, 09:46:03 am »
http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/04/us/garland-mohammed-drawing-contest-shooting/

I'm just happy nobody died except the shooters.

But when are these morons going to understand that these reactions do far more damage to Islam's reputation than some drawings?

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Shooting at Muhammad Cartoon Contest
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 11:32:59 am »
So the shooters only managed to injure one security officer?

2/Charlie, would not jihad again.

Offline Nemo

• Pope
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 11:55:53 am »
Remember: Islam is a religion of peace. Any fear that expressing disagreement with Islam will result in violence is clearly an irrational, racist, Zionist imperialist fear.
"If it's white or Jewish then they're criminals, if it's two brown people killing each other ... meh, that's their culture and we should respect it ... cultural relativists should be ashamed of themselves." - Faisal Saeed Al Mutar

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 12:23:46 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/04/us/garland-mohammed-drawing-contest-shooting/

I'm just happy nobody died except the shooters.

But when are these morons going to understand that these reactions do far more damage to Islam's reputation than some drawings?

IslamoFrums, like ChristoFrums, JudeoFrums, etc. don't care. They're totalitarian psychopaths who crave power and use a perversion of their faith as an excuse.

Remember: Islam is a religion of peace. Any fear that expressing disagreement with Islam will result in violence is clearly an irrational, racist, Zionist imperialist fear.

So, I guess we should violently hate and persecute all Christians because of Eric Rudolph, right?

How about hate Malala Yousafzai since she's a Muslim.....or all those Sufi dervishes who hurt nobody! Let's trash all Bauhaus CDs/LPs/old cassettes and kill Peter Murphy, while we're at it! Let's assassinate Congressman Keith Ellison (D), as well!

Y'know, IslamoFrums tend to slaughter their fellow Muslims more than anybody! They destroy Islamic monuments, tombs of Muslim saints, murder Muslims who follow a more peaceful Islam......

Offline Nemo

• Pope
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 01:01:25 pm »
Easy there, Barb, I wasn't suggesting we kill everybody who identifies as a Muslim. I was pointing out that the doctrines of Islam, as set forth by the Quran, are blatantly hateful and violent, and I was criticizing the apologists who will inevitably try to deny it. When I refer to Muslims, I am not making up my own definition of what it means to be a Muslim. I am simply letting the Quran, the book which establishes the religion, set the definition. And whether you admit it or not, the Quran defines a Muslim as someone who wants to kill so many Jews that the rocks themselves cry out "Oh Muslim, there is a Jew hiding behind me, come and kill him quickly!"

But thank you for bringing up Eric Rudolph. After the tragic jihad against Charlie Hebdo, thousands of Muslims in Britain and other countries rallied..... in support of the shooters. Aside from a few obscure fringe groups that nobody has ever heard of, I can't say the same for Eric Rudolph.

As for Malala, for all her bravery she is still a child. I suspect she has no idea that, in a direct mirror of the Bible, the relatively benign earlier verses are retconned out by the violent later verses. Some of the people who hate Islam the most are former progressive Muslims who actually read the Quran and realized that the Ayatollahs and the al Wahhabs of the world were right about it. Ayaan Hirsi Ali is one example.
"If it's white or Jewish then they're criminals, if it's two brown people killing each other ... meh, that's their culture and we should respect it ... cultural relativists should be ashamed of themselves." - Faisal Saeed Al Mutar

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 01:14:31 pm »
Easy there, Barb, I wasn't suggesting we kill everybody who identifies as a Muslim. I was pointing out that the doctrines of Islam, as set forth by the Quran, are blatantly hateful and violent, and I was criticizing the apologists who will inevitably try to deny it. When I refer to Muslims, I am not making up my own definition of what it means to be a Muslim. I am simply letting the Quran, the book which establishes the religion, set the definition. And whether you admit it or not, the Quran defines a Muslim as someone who wants to kill so many Jews that the rocks themselves cry out "Oh Muslim, there is a Jew hiding behind me, come and kill him quickly!"

But thank you for bringing up Eric Rudolph. After the tragic jihad against Charlie Hebdo, thousands of Muslims in Britain and other countries rallied..... in support of the shooters. Aside from a few obscure fringe groups that nobody has ever heard of, I can't say the same for Eric Rudolph.

As for Malala, for all her bravery she is still a child. I suspect she has no idea that, in a direct mirror of the Bible, the relatively benign earlier verses are retconned out by the violent later verses. Some of the people who hate Islam the most are former progressive Muslims who actually read the Quran and realized that the Ayatollahs and the al Wahhabs of the world were right about it. Ayaan Hirsi Ali is one example.

I agree that there are two Qurans, The gentler Mecca verses & bloodthirsty Medina verses. I've heard of the concept of the Medina verses that contradict the Meccan verses overruling the Meccan. That said, why mix the verses up so the average Muslim doesn't know which is which or which came when?

I think the Meccan verses where genuine but the Medina verses were made up when Mohammed got all power-hungry. It didn't help that he and his followers were being attacked a lot.

Perhaps there's two Islams with two Qurans. They should be separated & seen as separate faith/approaches. The good, peaceful, intelligent Muslims follow Mecca Islam, the true Religion of Peace inspired by the Divine. The monster IslamoFrum terrorist freaks, however, follow the false, demiurgic Medina Islam.

Offline Nemo

• Pope
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 01:24:31 pm »
If we're discussing theology, it's important to remember that the Socratic problem exists just as much for the Quran as the Bible. Muhammad was illiterate, and the Quran compiled after his lifetime. I fully admit that it is possible that he never uttered a single word of it. But whereas we could easily start an Internet flamewar over whether or not there was a historical Jesus and if so what he was like, there is no debate that Muhammad definitely existed, and many of the events depicted in the Quran (yes, the bloody ones) are based on actual history.

Of the three Abrahamic faiths, Christianity (or at least, the New Testament) says nothing about how to govern society, other than saying Christians should obey the law. Christianity, it should be noted, is the only of the three faiths which did not possess a sovereign nation state at the time of or shortly after being formed. Whereas Muhammad (later on) and the writers of the Torah could make and enforce any law they wished, the early Christians were prosecuted as atheists for suggesting that the Roman gods straight up didn't exist.

For all my dislike of the man, I will give Muhammad this: had he never become anything more than a radical street preacher, and in fact, had he been put to sleep before he left Mecca, Islam might very well be more benevolent today. And had Jesus had an army, well......

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2015, 01:39:16 pm »
I know this is wildly inappropriate of me and I actually feel like an asshole for this crossing my mind, but I can't help recall the Charlie Hebdo attack and think of the differences between these two events.

In France, the murderers killed 12 people, wounded 11 and had free reign for two days before they got their heads splattered. In Texas they wounded one person who was discharged the next day and started assuming ambient temperature in less time than it takes to have a pizza delivered.

Oh, wait, this happened in Texas. Well, there's your problem.

*goes to sit in the asshole corner*
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2015, 02:01:18 pm »
I know this is wildly inappropriate of me and I actually feel like an asshole for this crossing my mind, but I can't help recall the Charlie Hebdo attack and think of the differences between these two events.

In France, the murderers killed 12 people, wounded 11 and had free reign for two days before they got their heads splattered. In Texas they wounded one person who was discharged the next day and started assuming ambient temperature in less time than it takes to have a pizza delivered.

On the other hand, a mass shooting that kills 12 people in France sparks international outrage. Here it's practically a monthly event.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2015, 03:04:21 pm »

On the other hand, a mass shooting that kills 12 people in France sparks international outrage. Here it's practically a monthly event.

french parodists had this to say about the attack: "here in texas, it's not "i am charlie", but "i am armed, bitch!"

i laughed way more than i should have.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2015, 06:09:47 pm »
So the shooters only managed to injure one security officer?

2/Charlie, would not jihad again.

Body armor and assault rifles and they couldn't even kill anybody, no way they're getting the full amount of virgins in paradise. they'll be lucky if they even get one!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2015, 06:40:34 pm »

I agree that there are two Qurans, The gentler Mecca verses & bloodthirsty Medina verses. I've heard of the concept of the Medina verses that contradict the Meccan verses overruling the Meccan. That said, why mix the verses up so the average Muslim doesn't know which is which or which came when?

I think the Meccan verses where genuine but the Medina verses were made up when Mohammed got all power-hungry. It didn't help that he and his followers were being attacked a lot.

Perhaps there's two Islams with two Qurans. They should be separated & seen as separate faith/approaches. The good, peaceful, intelligent Muslims follow Mecca Islam, the true Religion of Peace inspired by the Divine. The monster IslamoFrum terrorist freaks, however, follow the false, demiurgic Medina Islam.

Yeah, no. You don't get to arbitrarily define what's "true" Islam and what isn't. It's all part of Islam, the violent and psychopathic verses of the Quran are just as much a part of the Quran as the stuff you personally agree with, and the terrorists are just as much "true Muslims" as any others. You can't just handwave it away as "perverting the faith" or some other nonsense just because you don't like it.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2015, 08:28:52 pm »

Yeah, no. You don't get to arbitrarily define what's "true" Islam and what isn't. It's all part of Islam, the violent and psychopathic verses of the Quran are just as much a part of the Quran as the stuff you personally agree with, and the terrorists are just as much "true Muslims" as any others. You can't just handwave it away as "perverting the faith" or some other nonsense just because you don't like it.

Honestly, I've got to agree with this.  When I question whether somebody's a Christian, it's because of theological differences, not because I think they're a bad person.  For example, I don't doubt that the LRA are Christians, but I do doubt it about Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2015, 08:35:05 pm »
Honestly, I've got to agree with this.  When I question whether somebody's a Christian, it's because of theological differences, not because I think they're a bad person.  For example, I don't doubt that the LRA are Christians, but I do doubt it about Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses.

Mormons and JWs say they're Christians. That's about as detailed as you can get with "true Christianity" (or every other world religion for that matter) while keeping all your other denominations in a big tent.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2015, 08:53:24 pm »

Mormons and JWs say they're Christians. That's about as detailed as you can get with "true Christianity" (or every other world religion for that matter) while keeping all your other denominations in a big tent.

There's an argument to be made that Christians are those who accept, at a bare minimum, the First Council of Nicaea and the First Council of Constantinople. Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses don't.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.