Author Topic: Exposing pedophiles now a crime by RCC law  (Read 14649 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Exposing pedophiles now a crime by RCC law
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2013, 03:07:35 pm »
*SNIPPED. Blah, blah blah. Anti-Catholic bullshit.
We're no better than the Anti-Catholic fundies if we spout this. Three words,Spuki. Not So Different.

With all due respect, you have no clue what you're talking about.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2013, 04:22:34 pm »
To a small extent, I get what Madman's getting at.  Exaggerating the issue by saying "they're admitted pedos, they approve of pedophilia & they are PROUD OF IT!" is hyperbolic.  Most of them are probably not pedophiles.  Most of them probably don't approve of it, and I'm sure almost none of them are proud of it.

However, despite this, they're covering up pedophilia in a vain attempt to protect the reputation of their institution.  This is arguably worse, since they know it's wrong, but they aren't willing to do what's necessary to protect the victims.  This is one of those situations where "won't someone please think of the children?" is a valid call.

Spuki is a whirling ball of emotions who sometimes fails to stop and form rational thoughts before spouting out hyperbole and exclamation marks.  This can be annoying.  However, it is a far cry from suggesting that the Catholic Church is in league with the devil to bring about the endtimes by creating Islam and Communism.  Her claims are based on reality, even if she's distorted by the lens of her anger and sense of outrage.  The fundies just make shit up to discredit a rival organization.  These things are not equivalent.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2013, 04:28:11 pm »
How anyone can defend and/or remain a part of this institution is genuinely beyond me.
Intentional ignorance. My family gets mad at me, not the RCC, when I bring this shit up.

Being the only atheist in a Catholic family I can relate all too well.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2013, 08:32:54 pm »
Yeaaaaaaah, I think Spuki was having a go at the Church, not its members...something of a crowbar of separation, in the words of Eddie Izzard.  The Roman Catholic Church is, has been, and likely always will be a backwards, homophobic, transphobic, pedophile-enabling, AIDS-spreading, lying, cheating, swindling sack of the slimiest monkey excrement.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2013, 10:05:07 pm »
Honestly, my understanding for Catholics is pretty goddamn strained. Instead of saying how you don't agree with the church's policies on sex, women priests, pedophilia, the Pope as the divine word of God, etc. just stop identifying as a Roman Catholic. That's literally all I'm asking. I really don't understand why this is so difficult, & imagine the effect it would have if this "silent majority" would simply stop observing the Vatican's authority without actually doing anything else. The Roman Catholic Church would simply have to adapt or die out.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2013, 10:08:47 pm »
Nothing against the lay members of the Church. They don't usually have much say in the decisions their leaders use, but the leadership need a blow to the back of the head. You don't do this crap. At all. Is it me, or is it whenever they wish to protect their reputation, it only digs their hole deeper?

Lithp: I think it's a lot more complicated than that, when they can be excommunicated at the drop of a hat. That, and there's matters of tradition, that even now, still bind many a member. But I do agree that something much more drastic needs to be done.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2013, 10:25:01 pm »
If you don't agree with fucking ANYTHING that the Church does, who cares if they kick you out of their club?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2013, 10:27:25 pm »
Because excommunication is a one-way, irreversible express ticket straight to the bowels of Hell.  Might not work against the likes of us, but for some, that's a damned frightening proposition.

Honestly, I say we just head down there and...appropriate all the treasure and priceless historical artifacts they've plundered over the centuries.  It'd be a good start, at least.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2013, 10:54:42 pm »
Well, it's not irreversible.  That's the whole point.  The idea is that they excommunicate you, you feel terrible about it, you repent, grovel at the church's feet, and they decide to let you back in.

Still not something most Catholics want to deal with.

The bigger issue, though, is that most Catholics believe they'll go to hell if they leave the church.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2013, 10:55:10 pm »
Please, by all means, remind me again how the new pope is supposed to be a breath of fresh air, and totally on the side of the common people again...

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2013, 11:19:03 pm »
If you don't agree with fucking ANYTHING that the Church does, who cares if they kick you out of their club?

Note: I don't think fear of excommunication is what keeps Catholics with the Church. Mostly, they don't like the whole paedophilia thing, but don't think it's enough to leave the Church over because they think the RCC is still a positive force, or think it was a problem with the leadership that was already solved because Francis is just awesome like that, or they don't much care for the Vatican but they like Father Pepe, the priest they meet every Sunday during Mass who is totally not a paedophile so why stop visiting him, or whatever other reason. People will have no trouble rationalising excuses to continue doing as they have so far, more so when it's about religion.

However, it's also worth pointing out that excommunication can be hard on you even if you don't care about the Church.

Suppose you live in a mostly-Catholic country, where social events are marked by the Church. Your girlfriend wants to marry through the Church? Can't do that. Your best friend wants you to be the godmother to their kid? Sorry, nope. You have an established social circle you used to go to Mass with? Well, the Church is generous enough that you still can attend (though not receive the Eucharist), but it rather undermines the point of leaving the RCC.
Σא

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2013, 07:20:25 am »
Yeaaaaaaah, I think Spuki was having a go at the Church, not its members...something of a crowbar of separation, in the words of Eddie Izzard.  The Roman Catholic Church is, has been, and likely always will be a backwards, homophobic, transphobic, pedophile-enabling, AIDS-spreading, lying, cheating, swindling sack of the slimiest monkey excrement.

Yep didn't see anything there hating on the use of rosary beads, Latin, celibate clergy or the veneration of saints.

Protecting child rapists, encouraging bigotry and a host of other other general douchebaggery on the other hand...

Offline Atheism Exposed

• Neonate
  • Eternally Saved
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2013, 10:53:45 am »
Unsurprising news.  This is exactly what one would expect from the Atheist-subsumed Papacy.  For over a thousand years they've been peddling this terror along with their perversion of the True Word of God.

Visit my Youtube channel for more videos and information :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ5PX9YnqI2le1uwXxWwQ6w

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2013, 10:59:09 am »
Unsurprising news.  This is exactly what one would expect from the Atheist-subsumed Papacy.  For over a thousand years they've been peddling this terror along with their perversion of the True Word of God.
So, what's it like living in the Mirror Universe? Do the goatees make life more interesting?
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2013, 11:14:11 am »
So, what's it like living in the Mirror Universe? Do the goatees make life more interesting?

I read that as sayings "goatses" at first...
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov