Author Topic: Xian movie shows xian paranoia  (Read 18474 times)

Offline MadmanJohnson

• Wrath of Primus
  • Pope
  • Able to creep out Deimos.
Re: Xian movie shows xian paranoia
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2013, 03:13:16 pm »
That's just as crappy as Paranormal Activity. Doesn't seem to be a demon doing it in the trailer, more like your standard ghost.Unrelated to the topic, one of the related videos has The Rake(Or what looks to be it.) in it.
Before you die an agonizing, chainsaw-related death, you're gonna hear about the Hate Plague!
I'm accusing you of being stupid.
I dare to be stupid.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2013, 03:16:48 pm »
Also, there's this film called C Me Dance that's about a girl named Sheri, who gains the power to instantly turn people into raving fundamentalist Christians who do their bidding by simply touching them. This is portrayed as a good thing in the movie, even though it's actually quite horrifying.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2013, 03:20:22 pm »
Here's the trailer for the christian paranormal activity. Though it actually looks more like Grave Encounters.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvDJVTVtMf8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvDJVTVtMf8</a>
I don't know what's more awful, the fonts or their logo. The acting is, well, B-movie standard it seems. I'm sure the preaching and the "special" effects are bad, though.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2013, 04:05:45 pm »
I dunno, I've seen better acting in plenty of B-movies. It's more like high-school-film-studies-final-project standard.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2013, 04:49:07 pm »
I dunno, I've seen better acting in plenty of B-movies. It's more like high-school-film-studies-final-project standard.

You're giving them too much credit.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2013, 04:54:43 pm »
I prefer much quieter paranormal activities.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

wrightway

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2013, 05:34:33 pm »
Also, there's this film called C Me Dance that's about a girl named Sheri, who gains the power to instantly turn people into raving fundamentalist Christians who do their bidding by simply touching them. This is portrayed as a good thing in the movie, even though it's actually quite horrifying.

I'd love to see their reaction to the reverse.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2013, 05:37:25 pm »

I kinda want to see it now, just from morbid curiosity.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2013, 05:39:00 pm »

I desperately want this to be a movie. Bible-thumping fundie annoys everyone, only to be granted the power to make people view the world with rationality, skepticism and compassion with a single touch. The world becomes a better place, and fundie learns a valuable lesson.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2013, 09:45:47 pm »

I desperately want this to be a movie. Bible-thumping fundie annoys everyone, only to be granted the power to make people view the world with rationality, skepticism and compassion with a single touch. The world becomes a better place, and fundie learns a valuable lesson.

Even better if the fundie doesn't himself become someone who views the world with rationality, skepticism and compassion.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2013, 10:46:25 pm »
I'd like to see a film or book where, in order to protect themselves from "persecution" the Christians persecute other religions, to the point that they've established a theocracy, but still claim to be persecuted.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2013, 11:07:56 pm »
I'd like to see a film or book where, in order to protect themselves from "persecution" the Christians persecute other religions, to the point that they've established a theocracy, but still claim to be persecuted.
How about America, in the past?
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2013, 11:09:58 pm »
That's basically post-Reformation England in a nutshell.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2013, 11:21:59 pm »

How about America now? I know it's not a theocracy in name, but professing any belief system other than Christianity is still a political death sentence in many areas.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2013, 11:25:15 pm »

How about America now? I know it's not a theocracy in name, but professing any belief system other than Christianity is still a political death sentence in many areas.
True. Still, it's a lot more free than it used to be.