Author Topic: New Pope Elected  (Read 20355 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: New Pope Elected
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2013, 07:45:29 pm »
I dunno, the Poop has a great health plan, from what I've heard.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2013, 07:59:37 pm »
Fuck this guy already. "Shit, time to pick a new pope! Man, the direction of the world seems to be changing a lot. People want change. Let's elect a homophobe, that should work out.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2013, 08:00:55 pm »
Intentional misspelling or Freudian slip?

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2013, 08:07:01 pm »
Intentional misspelling or Freudian slip?
Even the Pope's shit has a better health plan than me.

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2013, 09:22:26 pm »
Fuck this guy already. "Shit, time to pick a new pope! Man, the direction of the world seems to be changing a lot. People want change. Let's elect a homophobe, that should work out.

Given the candidate pool, I'm not sure they could find one who wasn't a homophobe.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2013, 09:26:04 pm »

Given the candidate pool, I'm not sure they could find one who wasn't a homophobe.

I can dream.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2013, 09:42:15 pm »
You have to keep in mind exactly where popes come from. It took this current pope about 30 years of work in the church just to get to Cardinal, and over a decade from there to become pope. And the guy was 33 when he became an ordained priest in 1969. There's so much time needed to get up to the level where you're able to be elected that the only ones involved are old, and all statistics show that the most conservative people tend to be the oldest.

Assuming the church makes a natural evolution toward greater tolerance, it'll take decades from now before the Cardinals consist of people brought up in a more tolerant time period.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2013, 09:51:50 pm »
All I know is I submitted the first quote from the new Pope ;D

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2013, 11:45:19 pm »
Mm.  Apparently he authored a document (approved by Benny) saying that people who are pro-life shouldn't be allowed to receive the Eucharist.  Nice guy.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2013, 11:52:34 pm »
You mean pro choice

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2013, 11:59:28 pm »
So they elect a pope from South America and somehow it's still another old white guy. What the shit?

I normally don't use Family Guy to express my feelings, but i think this is appropriate.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLk4Ia0otko" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLk4Ia0otko</a>

So it's an "old white guy."  Big whoop.  He was voted in, right?  He was what the conclave chose.  The new pope's not female or another race?  I honestly don't give a crap.  I hardly think it's worth losing sleep over.

Also, am I the only person annoyed by all this, "Let's bash on the new pope!" attitude the thread has suddenly taken?  Look if he does something FSTDT worthy I'm sure he'll be mocked for it.  However, I just think you guys are LOOKING for excuses to hate on him to build yourselves up.  I can't say I'm surprised, but I think it's kinda annoying.

Seriously, this news has barely had time to sit or settle and it looks like everyone here's already jumping on the negativity bandwagon.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 12:06:36 am by B-Man »
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2013, 12:02:20 am »
The lcal news seems to be making a big deal out of him being the first pope from the Americas. Is it wierd to be more impressed about his being the first Jesuit? I thought the mainstream electing someone from an order of scolars (who often don't get along) l thought was a bigger deal.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

• The Beast
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2013, 12:08:55 am »
The lcal news seems to be making a big deal out of him being the first pope from the Americas. Is it wierd to be more impressed about his being the first Jesuit? I thought the mainstream electing someone from an order of scolars (who often don't get along) l thought was a bigger deal.

I don't know.  I'm not really fluent in this pope-related jargon.  Between all these weird terms and all this hype, my head is just swimming trying to pin everything down.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2013, 12:18:56 am »
So it's an "old white guy."  Big whoop.  He was voted in, right?  He was what the conclave chose.  The new pope's not female or another race?  I honestly don't give a crap.  I hardly think it's worth losing sleep over.

Also, am I the only person annoyed by all this, "Let's bash on the new pope!" attitude the thread has suddenly taken?  Look if he does something FSTDT worthy I'm sure he'll be mocked for it.  However, I just think you guys are LOOKING for excuses to hate on him to build yourselves up.  I can't say I'm surprised, but I think it's kinda annoying.

Seriously, this news has barely had time to sit or settle and it looks like everyone here's already jumping on the negativity bandwagon.

Well, he has already done some FSTDT worthy stuff. That being said, it's amazing that the Catholic hierarchy continues to be extremely out of touch with the rest of society, especially those who consider themselves to be Catholic, and it's what is dooming them.
Also since I was at least baptized Catholic, I think RinellaWasHere should be the new Pope.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 12:23:52 am by Empress Nicki »

• The Beast
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2013, 12:30:09 am »
Nicki:  Maybe.  I'm just too busy to keep up or care that much, I guess.  I have a lot bigger fish to fry and all that.