Author Topic: FSTDT 2013 Religion  (Read 8016 times)

Offline Goosey

• Neonate
  • unacceptable and against morality behavior
Re: FSTDT 2013 Religion
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2012, 04:46:43 am »
Agnostic atheist.

I think the claim that there is a god and the claim that there isn't a god both lack support, but the claim that there isn't a god is a lot closer to being supported than the claim that there is a god, which in turn is a lot closer than the claim that there is a given god with specific characteristics as defined in an old book.
1 Corinthians 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity, for it doth beget five and ten points in Scrabble, and is more worthy than the eleven and nine points of the other two respectively.

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2012, 04:29:05 pm »
I would probably be better off saying that I am either Agnostic theist or a plural spiritualist.

I want to say that I do believe in a higher power and that there is an afterlife, however I can't prove that claim and therefore assert that I just only believe in such things.

I would go into more detail about it and I probably will at some point, but basically I don't believe in the institution of religion but in spirituality itself and that all (or most) paths eventually lead to a transcendent higher power.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline czechmate

• Apprentice
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2012, 03:40:46 am »
DSc in Theology since 1948. Became Atheist in 1981.
The RCC is the richest organisation on this planet, spends a fortune on regalia but gives a pittance for those in need - even clawing that back in interest.

Offline kiwimac

• Neonate
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2012, 02:34:49 am »
Zoroastrian with Din-i-Ilahi tendencies and over 35 years of study of Christian and Islamic theologies.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 02:40:01 am by kiwimac »
Bread for myself is a material question; bread for my neighbor is a spiritual question." Nicolai Berdyaev

Offline calshepN7

• Neonate
  • Calibrating...please wait.
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2012, 01:54:08 am »
Former Christian, now Agnostic wavering between Atheism and vague Spiritualism.
Telling an atheist to burn in Hell is like telling an adult that Santa's not bringing him any presents this year.