Author Topic: OMM: Marvel and DC are having gay storylines! WHARRGARBL!  (Read 15596 times)

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
Re: OMM: Marvel and DC are having gay storylines! WHARRGARBL!
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2012, 11:26:27 am »
In all honesty, if it's one of the big ones, it's Wonder Woman. While a ret-conned gay Flash or Batman or Supes might really upset the fanboys, a lesbian WW would send them into fits of nerdgasmic ecstasy.

But, as someone else mentioned, DCs idea of "iconic" and "major" is pretty damn broad. For God's sake, they consider Power Girl, Booster Gold, and Beast Boy to fit the definition.

I would say the most likely candidates:

Power Girl
Cyborg
Some B list hero from either Stormwatch or the Justice Society
And as an outside longshot, Kilowog
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2012, 11:33:55 am »
In all honesty, if it's one of the big ones, it's Wonder Woman. While a ret-conned gay Flash or Batman or Supes might really upset the fanboys, a lesbian WW would send them into fits of nerdgasmic ecstasy.

But, as someone else mentioned, DCs idea of "iconic" and "major" is pretty damn broad. For God's sake, they consider Power Girl, Booster Gold, and Beast Boy to fit the definition.

I would say the most likely candidates:

Power Girl
Cyborg
Some B list hero from either Stormwatch or the Justice Society
In their defense Booster was the star of the well received 52

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2012, 11:48:29 am »
Which is why I promoted him to "B" list status. In the 90s he was most definitely "D."

Fun fact: my friend and I sometimes play a superhero duo in Chapions Online named Booster Blue and Gold Beetle. I'm Gold Beetle.
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2012, 12:15:13 pm »
Speculation is it's gonna be Alan Scott.  So DC is basically saying Homosexuality is genetic.

Ironbite-cause his son is gay.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2012, 02:43:14 pm »
Speculation is it's gonna be Alan Scott.  So DC is basically saying Homosexuality is genetic.

Or it could be coincidence.

Personally I would vote for gay Batman. Not that I would see it as the likely case, I just want to see it happen. If only because Joker/Batman relationship already has homosexual undertones. (All from Joker though. And it's not like Batman would ever be attracted to him. But I would like to see Joker's reaction if it turns out that Batman has been boning guys and Joker realises that he still can't get him.)

Then again Batman does have a son (Not that that would be a solid proof either way.) and I think his relationship with Catwoman has been romantic occasionally.

And no I was not planning to make a joke about Batman/Robin relationship. I only remembered it after typing most of this post. I think it's mostly been taken out of context anyway just for the sake of jokes anyway.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2012, 02:48:16 pm »
What about a bisexual character?
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2012, 03:49:14 pm »
What about a bisexual character?

Silly, don't you know?

Bisexuals don't exist! :D

....I can't keep a straight face.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2012, 04:44:53 pm »
The part that makes me laugh the most is the stuff about "confusing children."  First of all, we grown-ups like to read comic books too, thankyouverymuch.

Second, why stop with protesting gay superhero marriage?  Archie's Sonic series has technomancy and talking animals--OMG WITCHCRAFT AND FAMILIARS!!  THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!11!!!one!!!
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2012, 06:32:58 pm »
Archie's Sonic series has technomancy and talking animals--OMG WITCHCRAFT AND FAMILIARS!!  THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!11!!!one!!!

Guess what I finished downloading a few days ago?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2012, 06:51:47 am »

I don't think it's Alan Scott.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2012, 07:15:59 am »

I don't think it's Alan Scott.

(click to show/hide)

Actually, I could see it happening, while still being consistent with that comic.

Growing up in a time period where being gay is basically like being an insane psychoraving lunatic, you don't really ever consider the possibility that you're gay.  It's not something you're comfortable talking about, just like you're not comfortable talking about the fact that Aunt Wilma spends her days talking to her sockpuppet and making out with it.

I'm not saying that IS what's happening, ... but just because he's uncomfortable talking about homosexuality doesn't mean he's straight, it could mean that he's so far in the closet that he's been living in Narnia his entire life and never knew it.  People don't just wake up one day and go "I'M ATTRACTED TO THE SAME SEX AND NOT THE OPPOSITE SEX, SO I AM GAY". It's more or less a subtle realization, and the willingness to realize that. </preaching to the choir>

Heck, for most of puberty, I believed I was bisexual because I couldn't possibly be gay!
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline TenfoldMaquette

• Pope
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2012, 08:23:33 am »

This amuses me. :D

My vote's for Batman or the Flash. The former because duh (yep, that's my reasoning), the later because he's already worn the Blue Lantern ring of Hope and I think it's apt for such a person to stand with the crowd who is slowly, painstakingly moving toward equality.

Offline Qlockworkcanary

• Bishop
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2012, 01:15:07 pm »
It wouldn't be surprising if Batman (Bruce Wayne version) was Bat-curious. I'd believe he is bi but not exclusively gay: he's hooked up with too many women (like, almost all of them villain or not), but he's pushing 40 and living with a college-aged guy, so I'm going with Bat-curious at least.

Wonder Woman's always been kinda bi in her various incarnations (comics and her TV show had hints). She was always about Steve and also had a run with Bats, but has always had a soft spot for some of the ladies from her home island. If memory serves, weren't the original writers/creators of Wonder Woman a bi couple? (too lazy to look it up, sorry).

My guess it'll be Firestorm, Hawk (repression-galore), Plastic Man, or Martian Manhunter.

On a related topic, Firestorm's face is on fire and he doesn't even care!!!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 01:17:31 pm by Qlockworkcanary »
"Out of the ash I rise with my red hair and eat men like air." - Sylvia Plath

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2012, 02:03:52 pm »
It can't be Plastic Man. DC has firmly established that Plas actually has no gender anymore. Can you really call someone "gay" who could instantly just give themselves a sex change, or even form into two loosely connected bodies who could then just have sex with each other?

Offline Qlockworkcanary

• Bishop
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2012, 02:26:33 pm »
Plastic Man is never alone on a Saturday night!

I wonder if the same can be said for Martian Manhunter, Clayface, and Elongated Man? heh.
"Out of the ash I rise with my red hair and eat men like air." - Sylvia Plath