Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1600665 times)

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #1200 on: July 12, 2012, 06:49:41 pm »
You guys are using a very strong word. 'Disgusting' is a very, very strong word. I really don't like that word when it comes to things like love and the like.

Besides, the caption did say offensive not if it squicks you or if you're not into it.

It's like saying I don't like to eat crab but someone else does. I don't find it my kind of thing, but it isn't offensive and I wouldn't try to ban crab eating.

Words are important.

What if I'm using it to also describe myself?  I just get grossed out by the male anatomy, including my own.  Two guys (or women) can do what they want, and I'll support it 100%, including getting married and adopting.  I just want nothing to do with it myself.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1201 on: July 13, 2012, 06:36:14 am »
You guys are using a very strong word. 'Disgusting' is a very, very strong word. I really don't like that word when it comes to things like love and the like.

Besides, the caption did say offensive not if it squicks you or if you're not into it.

It's like saying I don't like to eat crab but someone else does. I don't find it my kind of thing, but it isn't offensive and I wouldn't try to ban crab eating.

Words are important.

What if I'm using it to also describe myself?  I just get grossed out by the male anatomy, including my own.  Two guys (or women) can do what they want, and I'll support it 100%, including getting married and adopting.  I just want nothing to do with it myself.

Tell me how that has anything to do with what I said first. Because I may have had little sleep but as far as I see it, what you said doesn't have much to do with what I said about using strong language like 'disgusting' to describe relationships and other such things and using it as a basis to deny other peoples' happiness in consensual relationships.

You want to be squicked out, fine. That's your business. But like I said...

Orthodox Jews don't eat pork and such but they don't exactly try to ban it for other people.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 06:38:59 am by Commander Shepard »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1202 on: July 13, 2012, 11:46:15 am »

« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 12:24:32 pm by nickiknack »

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #1203 on: July 13, 2012, 02:31:57 pm »
Not sure if this goes here:

That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
« Reply #1204 on: July 14, 2012, 07:13:37 am »
Are they ever going to realize this attitude of "OMG U 4GOT SUM1!!!!!" is the kind of thing that keeps people from taking them seriously? This is a sensitive enough topic as it is, without people losing their shit because a well-intentioned message happened to miss a particular group. Hell, when it comes to all this gender stuff, I can barely keep track of all the fucking classifications people make up to identify themselves. It's why I typically try to avoid this topic on the forums; I simple don't know what the hell half the definitions even mean.
Sorry about the rant. The attitude of "OMG you don't agree with me 100%" that I get when it comes to sex/gender issues bugs the shit out of me, and makes it really hard to want to support these people/groups at all.

Exactly. The only time I've ever encountered someone openly asexual or pansexual is online, quite often complaining about these issues; they don't seem to exist offline, and I'm pretty sure this isn't just my terrible social life that causes it. Male/Female, LGB/Straight probably describes at least 97% of humanity. If people seem to think you're invisible, it might be because of prejudice, but it's also quite likely to be because your kind of sexuality/gender identity is as common as number 93 onwards of the Periodic Table.

On a more relevant note:

Marvel reviews, "Last Movie You Watched", p. 75-76.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #1205 on: July 14, 2012, 08:05:58 am »
That is probably the most accurate depiction of modern politics ever.
-A Pen Name

Offline Quasirodent

• Pope
  • You knew it in your heart all along.
« Reply #1206 on: July 14, 2012, 11:17:51 am »
Just to clarify, I'm not the person who has the 'only CISwomen' issue with the picture.   Please don't assume that those are my words/opinions.
Jesus had two dads and he turned out okay.

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #1207 on: July 14, 2012, 04:09:30 pm »

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1208 on: July 15, 2012, 12:58:15 am »

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #1209 on: July 15, 2012, 03:56:19 am »
I was thinking that too.  ???
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1210 on: July 15, 2012, 08:30:40 am »

So, I don't really try to figure out if someone is trans or not. And for all I know, they could just have a more feminine or more masculine frame (depending). Because bodies are weird like that. It's why I ask for pronouns. Because I could be wrong but that's me because I have a hard time judging in the first place. And so do many others. But I still stand behind the 'not always obvious'. Because, Queenie, you are the exception does not mean the rule is out the window. And there may very well be somebody you don't correctly 'tag'.

*shrugs*

&

QueenofHearts

« Reply #1211 on: July 15, 2012, 08:46:00 am »
I never meant to insinuate that I could spot 100% of transpeople 100% of the time, nor did I say that anyone could for that matter. I said that there are little things that differentiate the genders and that it is possible to recognize even a very passable transperson from a cisperson. I even said that just because some of these subtleties exist in a fictitious internet picture, we "shouldn't assume...". So I clearly never meant to say that these things should be taken as hard evidence. These subtleties I am talking about noticing are at least more obvious to the transpeople whom I have talked to (IRL and online) as well as myself since many of us notice these things readily in our own features and they cause us a bit to good deal of insecurity.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1212 on: July 15, 2012, 08:56:56 am »
Fair enough.

&

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1213 on: July 15, 2012, 09:18:02 am »
Peace and love?   Hugs and happiness?

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1214 on: July 15, 2012, 09:19:04 am »
We already kinda fizzled it out. lol It was a small misunderstanding on my part with Queenie. My apologies.

&