Author Topic: Fox News analyst wants to lead coup against Obama  (Read 2798 times)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: Fox News analyst wants to lead coup against Obama
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2014, 12:59:46 pm »
At most he would get 10 k probably which would get put down with one tank

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2014, 01:22:45 pm »
The hubris of thinking all marines agree with your politics. Plus I remember their last "revolution" last November.  ::)
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2014, 06:16:17 pm »
They never do.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2014, 12:12:43 am »
You'd think a former general would know just how impossible this is.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2014, 03:09:51 am »
The one thing about this and any other attempt at rebellion is that, in order to have good chances of success you need the kind of popularity that would make the "rebels" succeed through a fair and honest election.

Seriously. Look at the other rebellions through history, the only exception I see where a small minority could take over a country is when the military stages a coup. And I do mean the military that is in active service, USA has a huge amount of former soldiers/marines/sailors/etc who are still young enough to join a revolution and maybe make a difference BUT even in USA they don't have the heavy weapons, tanks or planes that would wipe them out, unless a sizeable force of the military joins the rebels.

BUT: If you have a huge support for the revolution, why not simply vote in the next elections and use that same support to take over the goverment legally? It's not like Obama has outlawed other parties and declared himself the God-Emperor for life?

(I realise that USA might not be the best example, since trhough gerrymandering done by the Democrats and Republicans and since anything less than 50% of votes is useless the treshold where you can make a difference is really high. Compared to Finland for example where getting 23% of the votes makes your party the biggest one in the country and even 10% gives you a chance to affect things.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2014, 03:24:34 pm »
I have wished for years we'd adopted the parliamentary system instead.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2014, 06:36:58 am »
Is it wrong that I picture these chaps like this?