Author Topic: Michigan man "stands his ground"  (Read 2550 times)

wrightway

Re: Michigan man "stands his ground"
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2014, 07:39:28 pm »
What gets me is if it's a black person the cops/cop wannabes/stand your grounders will ALWAYS shoot first, ask questions later. But let a lawyer, or a judge, or especially a cop do something and it's a completely different story.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/24535856/franklin-dui-officer-avoids-arrest-after-being-found-passed-out-in-car-at-bar

The report indicated the Rose's keys were in the ignition and the car's motor was still running. In Tennessee, it is illegal to be under the influence and behind the wheel of a motor vehicle, running or not, with the keys on your person.

Police reported that by Rose's own statements he indicated that he had been drinking alcoholic beverages for several hours. Officers also found a 32 ounce tumbler of alcohol in his car.

The responding officer reported Rose was unsteady on his feet and that he fell face first into shrubbery as he attempted to get up from a sitting position on the curb.

Rose was not arrested and allowed him to ride home with a friend.

Prior to the decision, Rose reportedly said, "Do what you got to do. This is going to screw me for testing."

According to the report, Officer Megan Valentin, who has certifications as a DUI instructor, said she did not like the position Rose put his colleagues in, adding, "If this was any other citizen they would have been arrested."

Nashville's News 2 Investigates spoke with Police Chief Dave Rahinsky who said the decision not to arrest Rose was at the officers' discretion.

"Officers use discretion, whether it is an arrest or a citation, those officers made a decision based on their discretion, and I'm not sure it was the right decision, but it was the decision made and once made we didn't have the ability to go back after the fact to change what occurred," he said.

The good ole boy system is alive and well.