Author Topic: Child bride, 8, dies of internal injuries  (Read 1626 times)

wrightway

Child bride, 8, dies of internal injuries
« on: September 11, 2013, 04:48:15 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2415871/Yemeni-child-bride-8-dies-internal-injuries-night-forced-marriage-groom-40.html

An eight-year-old child bride has died in Yemen of internal bleeding sustained during her wedding night after being forced to marry a man five times her age, activists have claimed.

The girl, identified only as Rawan, died in the tribal area of Hardh in northwestern Yemen, which borders Saudi Arabia.

Activists are now calling for the groom, who is believed to be around 40 years old, and her family to be arrested so they can face justice in the courts.

Fucking A! Who in the world thinks this is a good idea ever? There was another article last night (I'm still searching for it) that claimed the tribal elders in the region tried to hide the death and then threatened anyone who would come forward with evidence.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
Re: Child bride, 8, dies of internal injuries
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 04:51:45 pm »
Fundies. They exist in all religions, and really need Dalek attacks.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

wrightway

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 04:54:13 pm »
Found it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/10/us-yemen-childbride-idUSBRE98910N20130910?feedType=RSS

"On the wedding night and after intercourse, she suffered from bleeding and uterine rupture which caused her death," Othman told Reuters. "They took her to a clinic but the medics couldn't save her life."

Othman said authorities had not taken any action against the girl's family or her husband.

A local security official in the provincial town of Haradh denied any such incident had taken place. He did not want to be identified because he was not authorized to speak to the press.

But two Meedi residents contacted by Reuters confirmed the incident and said that local tribal chiefs had tried to cover up the incident when news first broke, warning a local journalist against covering the story.

Can someone please go to prison for this? Please? Pretty please?

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 04:56:00 pm »
I read this last night and wanted to vomit. Over one-fourth of those girls marrying before the age of 15 is just unacceptable. I don't care what kind of cultural arguments you make -- a girl that young can face severe injuries or death, and it needs to be outlawed.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

wrightway

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 05:01:43 pm »
Snopes is calling it Undetermined. Yemen is claiming the the father of the girl brought an 8 year old before the police and said she was the allegedly dead girl. The police say they're willing to prove the living girl is the same girl mentioned in the story. However, the journalist who first wrote the piece is saying he has neighbors of the "husband" and the family who are willing to testify it's not the same girl, that the girl is dead and buried.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 05:52:58 pm »
Can someone please go to prison for this? Please? Pretty please?

It's Yemen. Nothing will happen.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 02:10:57 pm »
No.  NO NO NO. FUCK.

This should not fucking happen she is 8 years old what is wrong with people?
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 02:18:30 pm »
Welcome to a region of the world that hasn't figured out that children, female children at that, aren't property to be bought and paid for.

Ironbite-the fact they're trying to cover this up makes me want to warm up the plasma cannons.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 03:49:12 pm »
You are talking about the same culture that reveres a prophet for waiting to sleep with his child bride until she turned 9. You will not convince adherents to these beliefs to file criminal charges.

This is one of the reasons I advocate nuking the region as the only acceptable form of involvement. The alternative is leaving them to their petty, centuries-old tribal wars.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 01:54:58 am »
I just want to know, what is it with these middle-aged & elderly geezers in these cultures and their obsession with marrying & boning small children?! GAWD! What does a little 8-12 year old girl have that a young woman doesn't?! It's pedophilia, that's what it is! Perverted, filthy old males who fetishize underdeveloped, pre-teen bodies! Disgusting!

Other cultures with arranged marriages usually involve either well-grown mid-teen girls, age differences that aren't as vast, two kids the same age who will consummate once they're grown, a regular couple of similar age or background.....

But then you have some cultures where hideous OLD MALES are just JONESING to marry girls young enough to be their grand-daughters! These guys would put up a huge stink when the subject of increasing the legal age comes up! They must have their kiddie-baby-flesh to fuck or ELSE!

What's the point of child brides? What's wrong with a young guy marrying a young gal? An old guy's life is over! A young guy is young, healthy & virile with a long life ahead...more time to be dad & provide & stuff. What's with these societies throughout history and their preoccupation with old guys marrying young girls?!

What's the anthropological reasoning? That an older man is more established & a younger lady is able to bear more offspring without dying? Even so, what's an elderly geezer to gain from marrying a child? I can understand these sort of marriages involving a healthy, youthful 20-something man & mid-teens girl (but with input and respect for the girl). I'll look at said marriage & maybe respect it as some cultural thing. However, we had dirty old grampies marrying babies. SICK!

Frankly, arranged marriages are dumb. However, in some societies, many see it as a necessity. If a society does do arranged marriages, there should be other variables, like compatibility & attraction. Ideally, people should marry for love, not because of business or politics.

Now, the guy in this case is 40, which is considered a somewhat youngish middle-age, these days. But still....an eight year old CHILD?!

Frankly, I think these marriages are more about power, dominance & sexual perversion than practicalities. I'm surprised the women haven't snapped and gone postal, yet!

« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 01:56:44 am by SpukiKitty »