Author Topic: Transgender Woman Dies After Beating in Front of NYPD Precinct  (Read 6171 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Transgender Woman Dies After Beating in Front of NYPD Precinct
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2013, 09:36:06 pm »
This upsets and angers me, but, sadly, it doesn't surprise me. Something I found out during the course of the (many) gun debates I've had is that the government has ruled on a number of occasions that the police have no duty to defend you. That is what was decided in Warren v. District of Columbia, DeShaney v. Winnebago County and most appallingly, in Castle Rock v. Gonzales. Another case was the story of Joseph Lozito, a man who was attacked by a suspected serial killer on a New York subway and almost knifed to death before he managed to subdue the nutbag. The whole time a couple of cops were watching from the subway's cab. Lozito himself was seated by the wall...of the cab. Less than five feet away. The cops watched and hid during the fight.

Stories and rulings like this make it hard for me to feel much more than disappointment in stories like this and the worst part is knowing that there's little chance that anything will be done to punish the officers in the station for their inaction.

Wow, I don't know what's more disgusting. This story of blatant transphobia (on the assailant and the police) or the fact that you took this story as an opportunity to shamelessly plug guns when they weren't even mentioned...

And I blame the NYPD's view of transwomen for this more than anything. I've mentioned before an NYPD officer told me to my face (while trying to figure out if I was trans) "I learned this trick at the academy to bust prostitutes, look for the adam's apple." The largest metropolitan police department in the world discriminates against as and they're far from the only police department to do so. These cops just see us as hookers and perverts, so society lost nothing of value in their eyes.

How was he he plugging guns? He just said he learned that information in the course of a debate relating to guns. I don't see any other mention of it anywhere in his post.

That's because he wasn't plugging guns.

Queen's just jumping to conclusions again.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

wrightway

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2013, 11:04:33 pm »
This upsets and angers me, but, sadly, it doesn't surprise me. Something I found out during the course of the (many) gun debates I've had is that the government has ruled on a number of occasions that the police have no duty to defend you. That is what was decided in Warren v. District of Columbia, DeShaney v. Winnebago County and most appallingly, in Castle Rock v. Gonzales. Another case was the story of Joseph Lozito, a man who was attacked by a suspected serial killer on a New York subway and almost knifed to death before he managed to subdue the nutbag. The whole time a couple of cops were watching from the subway's cab. Lozito himself was seated by the wall...of the cab. Less than five feet away. The cops watched and hid during the fight.

Stories and rulings like this make it hard for me to feel much more than disappointment in stories like this and the worst part is knowing that there's little chance that anything will be done to punish the officers in the station for their inaction.

Wow, I don't know what's more disgusting. This story of blatant transphobia (on the assailant and the police) or the fact that you took this story as an opportunity to shamelessly plug guns when they weren't even mentioned...

And I blame the NYPD's view of transwomen for this more than anything. I've mentioned before an NYPD officer told me to my face (while trying to figure out if I was trans) "I learned this trick at the academy to bust prostitutes, look for the adam's apple." The largest metropolitan police department in the world discriminates against as and they're far from the only police department to do so. These cops just see us as hookers and perverts, so society lost nothing of value in their eyes.

How was he he plugging guns? He just said he learned that information in the course of a debate relating to guns. I don't see any other mention of it anywhere in his post.

That's because he wasn't plugging guns.

Queen's just jumping to conclusions again.

Oh good, I'm not the only one reading and rereading Damen's post to try and figure out where the hell she got that from because it's just not there.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2013, 11:20:39 pm »
If he hadn't said 'gun debates' there wouldn't have been much to go after.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

wrightway

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2013, 11:26:37 pm »

Would me bringing up something I learned in the course of being around the kind of people I had the joy of sharing a school with be plugging crazy people?

MadCat explained it best. Saying you learned something during a gun debate is plugging guns = saying you learned something during a debate on Evolution vs YEC is plugging ID.

I don't even like guns and her logic is making my brain explode.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2013, 12:29:44 am »
...wow.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2013, 12:49:57 am »
Yeah, there was no real gun talk or promotion from that particular post.  Even if there was... It would be Damen's opinion that he's more than entitled to.  Chill, y'all.  It's cool.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2013, 06:28:36 am »
Queen, he wasn't plugging guns. That said ~glomp~ Sorry you have to deal with so much shit.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2013, 07:41:15 am »
Well I'm genderfluid not trans but no wearing skirts in NYC

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2013, 07:50:16 am »
Well I'm genderfluid not trans but no wearing skirts in NYC

Wear a kilt, then?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2013, 12:43:35 pm »
Just DON'T forget the sporran...  Looks weird.

IMO, anyway...

Offline Jodie

• Cyborg Wannabe
  • Pope
  • WTF???
    • Doodles and stuff
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2013, 10:40:37 pm »
wtf man, just wtf!?
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Corinthians 13: 4-7