Author Topic: Transgender Woman Dies After Beating in Front of NYPD Precinct  (Read 6176 times)

wrightway

http://news.yahoo.com/transgender-woman-dies-beating-front-nypd-precinct-201642369.html

Nettles’ alleged assailant, Paris Wilson, was booked on a misdemeanor assault charge and freed on $2,000 bail. Last Friday, Nettles’ death was officially ruled a murder. According to a spokesperson for the New York County District Attorney’s Office, Wilson has not yet been arraigned on any murder charges, telling TakePart that “charges will be updated pending further investigation.”

So, this asshole beat a woman to death in front of a police station and is walking free right now. I think I'm going to be sick.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Transgender Woman Dies After Beating in Front of NYPD Precinct
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 10:45:44 pm »
I am fucking nauseated now. Great.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 11:10:53 pm »
What, exactly, is there to investigate? Dude beat her to death in front of a god damn cop station.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 12:16:09 am »
...Well my fear of getting beaten for being trans are back.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 03:23:31 am »
FUCK. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK!

Goddamn motherfucking cunt needs to die a slow and painful death, and I hope all of those fucking cops at the precinct have really bad times on the street.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 04:15:50 am »
...wow.

That is all.

Wow.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 04:50:40 am »
Even if this didn't happen RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEIR BUILDING how can they possibly justify letting the the killer stay on the streets AFTER the death has been declared a murder?

But as it is what the heck is wrong with these people! Since when has it been ok to beat someone to death infront of police?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 05:04:02 am »
Even if this didn't happen RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEIR BUILDING how can they possibly justify letting the the killer stay on the streets AFTER the death has been declared a murder?

But as it is what the heck is wrong with these people! Since when has it been ok to beat someone to death infront of police?
When they're a minority in America, duh.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 06:16:07 am »

When they're a minority that threatens white, heterosexual men, more specifically.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013, 06:45:48 am »

When they're a minority that threatens white, heterosexual men, more specifically.
White, heterosexual men with power feel threatened by everyone that isn't a white, heterosexual man.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 02:15:30 pm »

White, heterosexual men with power feel threatened by everyone that isn't a white, heterosexual man.

I'm specifically citing "trans panic" for how white, heterosexual men feel threatened by transwomen.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2013, 05:10:41 pm »
Why is this idiot walking the streets?

Ironbite-somebody died damn it.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2013, 06:22:08 pm »
This upsets and angers me, but, sadly, it doesn't surprise me. Something I found out during the course of the (many) gun debates I've had is that the government has ruled on a number of occasions that the police have no duty to defend you. That is what was decided in Warren v. District of Columbia, DeShaney v. Winnebago County and most appallingly, in Castle Rock v. Gonzales. Another case was the story of Joseph Lozito, a man who was attacked by a suspected serial killer on a New York subway and almost knifed to death before he managed to subdue the nutbag. The whole time a couple of cops were watching from the subway's cab. Lozito himself was seated by the wall...of the cab. Less than five feet away. The cops watched and hid during the fight.

Stories and rulings like this make it hard for me to feel much more than disappointment in stories like this and the worst part is knowing that there's little chance that anything will be done to punish the officers in the station for their inaction.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

QueenofHearts

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 07:22:42 pm »
This upsets and angers me, but, sadly, it doesn't surprise me. Something I found out during the course of the (many) gun debates I've had is that the government has ruled on a number of occasions that the police have no duty to defend you. That is what was decided in Warren v. District of Columbia, DeShaney v. Winnebago County and most appallingly, in Castle Rock v. Gonzales. Another case was the story of Joseph Lozito, a man who was attacked by a suspected serial killer on a New York subway and almost knifed to death before he managed to subdue the nutbag. The whole time a couple of cops were watching from the subway's cab. Lozito himself was seated by the wall...of the cab. Less than five feet away. The cops watched and hid during the fight.

Stories and rulings like this make it hard for me to feel much more than disappointment in stories like this and the worst part is knowing that there's little chance that anything will be done to punish the officers in the station for their inaction.

Wow, I don't know what's more disgusting. This story of blatant transphobia (on the assailant and the police) or the fact that you took this story as an opportunity to shamelessly plug guns when they weren't even mentioned...

And I blame the NYPD's view of transwomen for this more than anything. I've mentioned before an NYPD officer told me to my face (while trying to figure out if I was trans) "I learned this trick at the academy to bust prostitutes, look for the adam's apple." The largest metropolitan police department in the world discriminates against as and they're far from the only police department to do so. These cops just see us as hookers and perverts, so society lost nothing of value in their eyes.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2013, 08:29:31 pm »

Wow, I don't know what's more disgusting. This story of blatant transphobia (on the assailant and the police) or the fact that you took this story as an opportunity to shamelessly plug guns when they weren't even mentioned...

And I blame the NYPD's view of transwomen for this more than anything. I've mentioned before an NYPD officer told me to my face (while trying to figure out if I was trans) "I learned this trick at the academy to bust prostitutes, look for the adam's apple." The largest metropolitan police department in the world discriminates against as and they're far from the only police department to do so. These cops just see us as hookers and perverts, so society lost nothing of value in their eyes.

How was he he plugging guns? He just said he learned that information in the course of a debate relating to guns. I don't see any other mention of it anywhere in his post.

Would me bringing up something I learned in the course of being around the kind of people I had the joy of sharing a school with be plugging crazy people?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov