Author Topic: Mother injects children with drugs  (Read 4173 times)

wrightway

Mother injects children with drugs
« on: June 14, 2013, 11:52:55 am »
http://news.yahoo.com/phoenix-mom-accused-injecting-child-drugs-202813831.html

I just don't understand how far gone you have to be to think this is a good idea.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Mother injects children with drugs
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 12:11:18 pm »
...What the fuck!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 12:40:12 pm »
Meth...and amphetamines eh?

Ironbite-anyone wanna take a gander at what Ritilian is?

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 02:59:39 pm »
Can't think of words harsh enough for that piece of human detritus.

Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Bezron

• a mysterious riddled spicy burrito wrapped enigma...stuck in some hot chick's colon dreaming of fanginas
  • Pope
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 05:05:20 pm »

It's mostly Methylphenidate, which is prescribed and controlled by a doctor for specific conditions.  I think you are confusing it with Adderall, which is mostly pure amphetamine.   Not really sure what your point is here though, care to explain?

« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 05:07:02 pm by Bezron »

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 05:16:34 pm »
You seriously have to be mentally ill to think this is okay.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 05:46:35 pm »
Meth...and amphetamines eh?

They actually use pharmaceutical grade meth to treat severe ADHD. It's produced by a dutch company if I remember right.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 05:49:14 pm »

It's mostly Methylphenidate, which is prescribed and controlled by a doctor for specific conditions.  I think you are confusing it with Adderall, which is mostly pure amphetamine.   Not really sure what your point is here though, care to explain?

She's self medicating her kid with Ritalin and Adderall and thought she could use street drugs to substitute for the controlled stuff.

Ironbite-obviously that didn't work.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 06:53:21 pm »
From what I understand, Ritalin, Adderall, etc. are in the same family as meth, but are slightly different in chemistry and therefore aren't as severe in their effects. This doesn't mean you should pop pills like candy though or inject it into your kid.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 08:13:57 pm »
Is there an update or a different article about the case? Where are you guys getting the info of her self medicating the kids with Adderall and Ritalin, or trying to substitute crank for those 'scrips? The linked yahoo news article just says she was seen doing drugs in front of her kids, the CPS people were called, the kids were interviewed, the kids say mommy shot drugs into them, and blood tests proved that true.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2013, 08:59:05 pm »
Can't find anything on her using it as a substitute for Adderall (and googling her name plus Ritalin or Adderall returns nothing interesting). Though I did find out that apparently they were originally investigating based on claims that the children had been sexually assaulted, which turned out to be unfounded, and then one of the kids told them that she had injected her.

http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/national/mom-accused-of-injecting-child-with-meth
Σא

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2013, 08:19:49 pm »
And there goes my faith in humanity jumping off a cliff again...
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Bezron

• a mysterious riddled spicy burrito wrapped enigma...stuck in some hot chick's colon dreaming of fanginas
  • Pope
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2013, 10:50:05 am »
From what I understand, Ritalin, Adderall, etc. are in the same family as meth, but are slightly different in chemistry and therefore aren't as severe in their effects. This doesn't mean you should pop pills like candy though or inject it into your kid.

Only in so much as they are amphetamines.  Adderall is, iirc, something like 97% pure speed with a couple of other things tossed in.  Which is why it's extremely tightly controlled by doctors and the DEA.  I'm currently on a scrip for 30mg daily.  The prescription cannot be transmitted to the pharmacy electronically nor can it be called in.  Either my wife or I have to personally drop it off and they check ID.  My wife can only do it because I put her on file at the pharmacy that we normally use, if we switch we have to go through that process again.  There are also no refills on the prescription, I have to pick them up from the doc's office periodically.  Since we just changed the dose a month ago, I may actually have to go for an appointment to get it.  As long as the dose seems to be right for now, she may give me 3 separate prescriptions specifically marked with fill dates so that I don't have to call them for awhile.

As for effects, it's not the same as street speed.  There is only a "high" for the first day or two after a dose change.  When I take it first thing in the morning, I get a bit antsy for about 20 minutes and then it smooths out (referred to as the bump).  I usually work out during this period.  After that, it stimulates my body to make the correct chemicals to allow me to focus on tasks throughout the day. 

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2013, 11:06:24 am »
Is it possible to get false positives for illegal drugs if the kids are on a prescription for similar legal ones?

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2013, 02:03:24 pm »

Only in so much as they are amphetamines.  Adderall is, iirc, something like 97% pure speed with a couple of other things tossed in.  Which is why it's extremely tightly controlled by doctors and the DEA.  I'm currently on a scrip for 30mg daily.  The prescription cannot be transmitted to the pharmacy electronically nor can it be called in.  Either my wife or I have to personally drop it off and they check ID.  My wife can only do it because I put her on file at the pharmacy that we normally use, if we switch we have to go through that process again.  There are also no refills on the prescription, I have to pick them up from the doc's office periodically.  Since we just changed the dose a month ago, I may actually have to go for an appointment to get it.  As long as the dose seems to be right for now, she may give me 3 separate prescriptions specifically marked with fill dates so that I don't have to call them for awhile.

As for effects, it's not the same as street speed.  There is only a "high" for the first day or two after a dose change.  When I take it first thing in the morning, I get a bit antsy for about 20 minutes and then it smooths out (referred to as the bump).  I usually work out during this period.  After that, it stimulates my body to make the correct chemicals to allow me to focus on tasks throughout the day.

From what I've read, there is actually a medication that is really meth. It's more pure than the stuff people make in their garages, and thus doesn't have a lot of the nasty side effects of street meth, but it's still technically meth.

From Wikipedia: Although rarely prescribed,[6] methamphetamine hydrochloride is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and obesity under the trade name Desoxyn.

Another fun fact I learned when I read the wiki page for meth is that North Korea apparently has a meth problem that puts Oklahoma to shame. For anyone who lives in Oklahoma, that really means something.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov