Author Topic: Sex Crime Allegations Against Roy Moore  (Read 10972 times)

Offline Id82

• The Beast
Re: Sex Crime Allegations Against Roy Moore
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2017, 03:19:27 pm »
He probably will.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Dappler

• Apprentice
« Reply #76 on: December 26, 2017, 09:46:26 am »
I'm still a bit disappointed no one could get close enough to him in the run up to ask him a simple question.

Roy, you've been DA, blah, blah, elected judge twice(? - not going to pull his dumbass bio) blah, blah, and are now running for legislature, where you will get to create and pass laws in the greatest nation the world has ever seen. What is your (learned?) opinion on 16 being the age of consent in Alabama?

Learned is probably laying it on a little thick, even though the hyperbole of the greatest nation the world has ever seen you could probably get away with, even as it undermines MAGA by appealing to jingoism. Basically get his attention for 30 seconds or more with the puff bio before sinking the boot in.

Say it's good and everyone thinks of the 14yr old, and you're also arming your foes for future battles. Argue or equivocate or pettifog or dodge, and look like at best a DIRTY old man who likes vulnerable barely pubescent children who don't have the self esteem to say "fuck off perv", or "I'm calling the cops".

It also lays the door open for a follow up question.

Do you believe that there should be a statute of limitations for statutory rape?

Even if he says no, or goes off on a tangent, there would've been a perfect opening for 1,000 discussion pieces.

The other possible first question could be about a federally consistent age of consent, which could be beautifully loaded if he starts mentioning numbers (or defending, or sounding dreamy about the lower ones), or talks about states rights (a massive dog whistle, which would be then associated with pedophilia), but it'd probably be an easier question to avoid, whereas Alabama and 16 really narrows the focus onto him and his 'alleged' actions...

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2017, 05:07:17 pm »
I'd probably say "considered opinion" rather than "learned opinion".
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Dappler

• Apprentice
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2017, 11:39:13 am »
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/dec/28/alabama-election-roy-moore-files-lawsuit-to-stop-doug-jones-certification

In the complaint, Moore’s attorneys noted the higher than expected turnout in the race, particularly in Jefferson County, and said Moore’s numbers were suspiciously low in about 20 Jefferson County precincts.

Gosh Roy, can you think of any other factors that might have noticeably suppressed Republican turnout, and elevated Democratic turnout? Heck, there was even an unprecedented number of write-ins (ignoring Murkowski in Alaska), how suspicious is that?

You suck!

Even 25% of blinkered, loyalist, fact-free Republicans could see it, and were prepared to admit it...

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2017, 12:03:52 pm »
What a fucking baby ass sore loser.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2017, 07:01:11 pm »
Doesn't matter anyways.  Alabama went ahead and certified the election.

Ironbite-Moore just had his dick cut off.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2017, 09:35:58 pm »
We haven't heard the last from Moore. Expect him to re run next time around.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2017, 09:45:27 pm »
Well there's speculation he'll run for governor in 2018.  Last time he did that, he lost and didn't concede there either.

Ironbite-man doesn't know how to lose gracefully.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2018, 07:32:43 pm »
Seen on the mainpage:

http://www.fstdt.net/QuoteComment.aspx?QID=135661

I'd rather have a pedophile in office rather than a democrat any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Pedophiles only screw kids while democrats screw everyone.

Excuse me while I find my vomit bag.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2018, 06:29:34 pm »
On another note, I wonder if Trump thought of making Roy Moore a federal judge. After all, he's Judge Roy Moore, he should be a judge. Tremendous.

But I wouldn't be surprised if someone talked Trump out of that since the GOP agenda right now is to pack the federal bench with young conservative lunatics, and that's the one place where Trump and the Senate GOP (read: McConnell) are absolutely in sync. (Or, rather, the one place where Trump is willing to take other people's advice.)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2018, 02:19:39 am »
In related news: http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/news/politics/southunionstreet/2018/01/23/alabama-house-votes-end-special-u-s-senate-elections/1060217001/

Alabama realized that they might vote for a Democrat again so they will rather change the laws so that GOP might have one seat in the senate for a bit longer than under current laws than take the risk of losing special elections. Even if this does mean that in the future Democrats can also benefit from the lack of special elections.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2018, 09:15:02 pm »
In related news: http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/news/politics/southunionstreet/2018/01/23/alabama-house-votes-end-special-u-s-senate-elections/1060217001/

Alabama realized that they might vote for a Democrat again so they will rather change the laws so that GOP might have one seat in the senate for a bit longer than under current laws than take the risk of losing special elections. Even if this does mean that in the future Democrats can also benefit from the lack of special elections.

The political equivalent to cutting off your nose to spite someone else's face.