Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 386999 times)

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #540 on: January 28, 2017, 05:50:08 pm »
Aren't we all?
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #541 on: January 28, 2017, 06:01:49 pm »
Aren't we all?

Apparently not Conty.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #542 on: January 28, 2017, 06:07:27 pm »

Apparently not Conty.

He's of the same brand as Trump, so that is only logical.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #543 on: January 28, 2017, 06:13:28 pm »

Apparently not Conty.

He's of the same brand as Trump, so that is only logical.

Point.

But then, I can think of four nuclear powers with which he could well start a war: Russia, China (trade war initially, but I wouldn't put it past him to be incompetent enough to turn it into a hot war), North Korea, and Pakistan.

Plus he's said Saudi Arabia should have nukes, which would make relations with those madmen ("the ISIS that made it") extremely delicate for any future President who might feel like lambasting them over their human rights abuses.*

And if he starts a nuclear war with North Korea and those crazies actually manage to make a missile capable of reaching California... well, I live on the west coast of North America, too, and I'd be scared out of my skin at the likely lack of accuracy of any North Korean missile.

EDIT: *Never mind what Israel might do if Saudi Arabia looked like they might be getting nukes.

EDIT #2: And then there's Iran. *shudder*
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 06:20:23 pm by dpareja »
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #544 on: January 28, 2017, 07:28:42 pm »
Meanwhile, thanks to Trump's executive order on immigration from certain countries, a recent doctoral graduate from Clemson was denied re-entry into the US after visiting family in Iran:

http://thetab.com/us/clemson/2017/01/28/nazanin-zinouri-1560

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #545 on: January 28, 2017, 07:58:23 pm »
Entertainment-wise my horror scenario was this dude turning into a boring sensible politician who'd just spent the campaign spouting fun-but-implausible things to energise the voter base only to drop them after inauguration day.

But early indicators are looking like he's actually going to DO some of them.  This is going to be HILARIOUS.
Yes, the hilarity if you have an Arab name of never being able to go on holiday or visit relatives. I'm sure they see the joke.

The super funny situation if you are pregnant and need an abortion but can't afford access to rich people's health care. Lots of googling "DIY coat hanger cooch surgery", my sides ache.

People actually living out the plot of "breaking bad" because their health care has really evaporated. Hi-larious.

The prospect of a US president stumbling back in to invade the already smoldering, broken Levant with a mind to "taking" their billions of barrels of subterranean unmined oil. It is to laugh.

pyro

« Reply #546 on: January 28, 2017, 10:32:15 pm »
One of my relatives thinks Trump's likely to stage a military coup, of the US, successfully. She repeatedly compares the US to Rome while doing so, of course.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #547 on: January 28, 2017, 11:11:00 pm »
http://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-2448-these-soldiers-fought-u.s.-trump-just-banned-them.html

These people risked their lives (and their lives are still at risk because of their past associations) for the US and its soldiers. Now Trump has banned (or is about to ban) them from entering the country.

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #548 on: January 29, 2017, 05:21:24 am »
One of my relatives thinks Trump's likely to stage a military coup, of the US, successfully. She repeatedly compares the US to Rome while doing so, of course.

Totally a trustworthy source and not the demented shrieking of someone who doesn't understand how governments work.

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #549 on: January 29, 2017, 05:31:15 am »

Totally a trustworthy source and not the demented shrieking of someone who doesn't understand how governments work.

For someone who claims to be British, you really don't comprehend the English written word very well do you? Pyro is hardly citing his/her relative as a reliable source. The statement is simply the repetition of  conjecture. By definition not said to be a reliable source.

For fuck's sake, at least make an attempt at reading. I realise it's hard to focus given your vigorous self abuse but maybe take a breather before typing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #550 on: January 29, 2017, 08:33:35 am »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/316718-wh-defends-holocaust-statement-that-didnt-mention-jews

I mean it's true that not all the victims of the Holocaust were Jewish but they were the one group of people that the Nazis specifically made their target and whom they had been terrorizing for years already. I think I can even say that they were the main target and the others were the "other untermensch."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #551 on: January 29, 2017, 03:03:10 pm »
So Trump's approval rating after one week?
36% percent.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/27/politics/trump-approval-rating-quinnipiac-poll/

That's bad. But obviously not surprising. I can't believe this man got elected or that people were so gullible to vote for him.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #552 on: January 29, 2017, 03:24:05 pm »

For someone who claims to be British, you really don't comprehend the English written word very well do you? Pyro is hardly citing his/her relative as a reliable source. The statement is simply the repetition of  conjecture. By definition not said to be a reliable source.

For fuck's sake, at least make an attempt at reading. I realise it's hard to focus given your vigorous self abuse but maybe take a breather before typing.
Why? He just wants to bloviate. Bloviating only requires alternative facts, reading real ones is for libtards!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #553 on: January 29, 2017, 05:24:26 pm »
Alt-Right is tearing itself apart: http://www.gq.com/story/deploraball-drama

4Channers, Goobergaters and neo-Nazis can't make a coherent team and they are either fighting over which one of them is the coolest or whether or not they should be closeted Nazis or in full-Nazi mode.

One guy was told to stop with his Nazi salutes and keep a lid on his anti-semitism, the result:

Cernovich is a huge cuck. Mike Cernovich is a massive cuck.

I am alt-right. I have always been alt-right. I have never said I'm not alt-right, unlike Mike and Paul Joseph Watson and Milo and these other cucks.

*giggle*
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #554 on: January 29, 2017, 06:17:07 pm »
Nazi Politics has never been unified, All For Hitler, or even particularly kind to one another.

For example, here's some drama that went on;

Reinhard Heydrich - infamous sociopath and the guy other Nazis went to for organizing stuff from genocide to the fucking Olympics - played three different men against one another, Himmler, Goering and Bormann. All thought Heydrich was their friend. Eichmann believed he and Heydrich were similar in spirit, but Reinhard reportedly saw Eichmann as a leech who followed whatever others were doing.

Goering was infamous for his drugs, his parties, and his wasteful ways and others disliked the way he only peaked in to goings on to voice his disdain.

Himmler was an avid control freak, a manipulator who played at being a harmless bureaucrat to more adequately control others. He could not stand being removed from a position of control. For him, Reinhard was a friend due to their close work, and yet he was never anything to Reinhard but a convenient cover for when he, er, did things that even other Nazis disliked.

And all these men had eyes on being Fuhrer one day and tirelessly worked against one another - all of them convinced some were their friends and others their foes, sometimes changing classifications by the day or week.

So you see, this is nothing new. The Alt-Reich for all their tawdry displays is falling into exactly the same kind of infighting and factionation that dominated the Third Reich and in part contributed to its downfall. In an empire governed by hatred, eventually those who rule will direct their hate at one another.

Never will they be content - they'll divide up even their preferred white race into subraces and genuses like the idiots they are, because hate is all they have. There is no cohesion, no remarkable unity, just utter vicious idiocy.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer