Author Topic: Priest Awarded Medal of Honor  (Read 1810 times)

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
Priest Awarded Medal of Honor
« on: April 12, 2013, 08:55:38 pm »
I thought I would add a happy, touching story about a member of the clergy. Maybe if more priests were like this man, the Catholic Church would not be having the problems it is.

At a White House ceremony yesterday, President Obama awarded a posthumous Medal of Honor to Army Chaplain Emil Kapaun.

"In the chaos, dodging bullets and explosions, Father Kapaun raced between foxholes, out past the front lines and into no-man's land, dragging the wounded to safety," Obama said.

Kapaun would sneak away to nearby fields to forage for rice and potatoes.

"This is the valor we honor today — an American soldier who didn't fire a gun, but who wielded the mightiest weapon of all, a love for his brothers so pure that he was willing to die so that they might live."

He died as a POW in 1951. Another article I read said before he sneaked out to steal food, he led prayers to St. Dismas, "The Good Thief" who was (according to doctrine) crucified on Jesus's right side.

In addition, the Catholic Church has begun the steps to canonize Father Emil. There's been 2 reports of miracles after people have prayed to him.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Priest Awarded Medal of Honor
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 11:16:09 pm »
That's just beautiful. When clergy actually walk the walk, they can be awesome people. I can think of quite a few I admire.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 10:23:58 pm »
Dudes had cajones.  Like MASSIVE ones.  Man deserves to be recognized.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 04:23:41 pm »
Patron saint of cojones.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 01:18:10 am »
Beautiful! This is a TRUE CHRISTIAN!

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 01:24:52 am »
Now that is what I'm fucking talking about.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.