Author Topic: WoW  (Read 5793 times)

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
Re: WoW
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2013, 04:43:13 am »
It's sad, I never play WoW but know what everyone's talking about because both of my parents do (and last I checked, my mother has two or three maxed out characters and tons of other high level ones).
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

wrightway

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2013, 12:30:20 pm »
WoW needs to suck it up and undo some of the patches that have allowed people to make the game harder on others. Like same faction on a realm that has allowed wintrading.

I think WoW has a lot of potential for solo play. I didn't like dungeons (though I was a pvp beast) and I rarely participated in guild events. I spent my time doing the quests and immersing into the story lines.

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2013, 04:40:01 pm »
WoW needs to suck it up and undo some of the patches that have allowed people to make the game harder on others. Like same faction on a realm that has allowed wintrading.

I think WoW has a lot of potential for solo play. I didn't like dungeons (though I was a pvp beast) and I rarely participated in guild events. I spent my time doing the quests and immersing into the story lines.

Think the devs have stated multiple times that they're not gonna undo developments. Though seeing people bitch that their formerly empty PvP realm is now busy and they get ganked is really quite funny to watch.

Even as it is I think WoW still has 5 times the subscribers of the #2 MMO.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2013, 05:33:54 pm »
People whine when the famous MMO of its time decides to make the game more newcomer friendly by restricting the ganking to specific servers (which were the first PvE and PvP servers), and they even whined so much that they made their own MMO because of it.  (Filled with blackjack and hookers!)

And now they're whining that they're playing on PvP servers and actually getting ganked.

This is why I have such disdain for gamers online.  No matter what, someone's going to whine about something, and they're going to get people on their bandwagon, and they're going to whine about it EVERYWHERE THEY POSSIBLY CAN.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2013, 06:27:40 pm »
5.4 trailer's out. Most likely date for release is early to mid-september.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slzQOyS5TqQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slzQOyS5TqQ</a>

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2013, 07:27:03 pm »
It *almost* makes me wish I could afford to re-sub.  Almost.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Sour Grapes

• Bishop
  • Brutally honest.
    • Ask Sour Grapes
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2013, 09:06:42 pm »
I can't afford it.  And the one time I tried a demo, I wasn't impressed.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2013, 10:01:50 pm »
The only reason I played was because my friends did.  My guild is down to about... two regulars.  At our height, we had dual ten-man raids and a weekly 'shits and giggles' old content 40-man run.  This was during Cata, mind...
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2013, 10:25:26 pm »
I can't afford it.  And the one time I tried a demo, I wasn't impressed.

I tried the "unlimited free trial", and I wasn't impressed either, but for different reasons.

It wasn't the short level cap, because I never hit it.

It wasn't the limited content, because I didn't expect to be able to play expansion-only races and classes.

It was the fact that they cut me off from the others.  I could not chat.  I could not form parties.  I was surprised they even let me use "Say".

I understand it's to cut off the spammers, but at least make it so that when I reach a certain level, I can start talking to people.

It's kinda like making a sampler cake to show off your cake shop... but you don't add any frosting, fruit, or even sugar to it.  People aren't going to want to buy your cake.

And yet the people paying for the game will insist "WELL IF YOU WANT THAT FEATURE YA GOTTA PAY FOR IT, NO MORE HANDOUTS, BWIAORJEPFJREWOIFJRWOIORORJF"
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2013, 03:41:26 am »
You underestimate how determined the spammers get. Usual reasoning is if the limits were removed at a certain level, then there'd just be continual botting in the low level zones as they level up characters for their ads.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2013, 06:44:48 am »
You underestimate how determined the spammers get. Usual reasoning is if the limits were removed at a certain level, then there'd just be continual botting in the low level zones as they level up characters for their ads.

I've also played games where they don't mute f2p/trial players, and I've seen spam once every six blue moons.  What they did, instead, was limit how many posts you could make in a certain amount of time.  Which I am fine with.

It's just that socialization is 75% of every MMO.  Hence my commentary about the cake missing everything that makes it taste good.

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2013, 08:09:40 am »
I was thinking of re-subbing again, to be honest now I want to do it just to bash in Garoshes face.
Unfortunately it will be some epic raid or dungeon and I wont be able to take part even if I could get my main high enough level.
I am still in Outland, and I only solo, so no kicking in a mean orcs face for me.

I watched that trailer though. what the hell is happening in it? some weird corruption of the pandaren?

wrightway

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2013, 12:00:10 pm »
Ah, shit. Over half the characters on my account are sitting in Org right now. I'm afraid by the time I can resub I'm going to log right into a battle ground.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2013, 02:51:46 pm »
Ah, shit. Over half the characters on my account are sitting in Org right now. I'm afraid by the time I can resub I'm going to log right into a battle ground.

Nah, it'll be instanced.  Or the devs will port all players in Org to the nearest friendly city.  Probably TB.

Formerly Priestling

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2013, 05:41:50 am »

Nah, it'll be instanced.  Or the devs will port all players in Org to the nearest friendly city.  Probably TB.

Siege of Org's a raid, so instanced like the tower in Dragonblight was for the Dragon Soul raid. There's some current ground changes, but only really affecting 2 districts.

I was thinking of re-subbing again, to be honest now I want to do it just to bash in Garoshes face.
Unfortunately it will be some epic raid or dungeon and I wont be able to take part even if I could get my main high enough level.
I am still in Outland, and I only solo, so no kicking in a mean orcs face for me.

I watched that trailer though. what the hell is happening in it? some weird corruption of the pandaren?

If you get to level 90 and gear up a bit there's the Looking for Raid mode, which is the easy mode with the automatic matchmaker for less determined players. (best done on Wednesday and Thursday)
The thing with the Pandaren is what's called the Sha, basically 7 incarnations of negative emotions that possess people. They get more explained when you do the Pandaria quests.