Author Topic: Gawker's First ever Political Endorsement.  (Read 1430 times)

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
Gawker's First ever Political Endorsement.
« on: October 23, 2012, 06:28:38 pm »
And it goes to a one man campaign....He has no staff, and well
Jesus did not have a campaign staff. And he had the most successful campaign in human history," Clayton said recently, when asked if all this adds up to a winning run against incumbent Sen. Bob Corker (R). Jesus "didn't even have pictures or a Web site.

Boy can he handle the press:  ""I don't know why you're here," he [told Farenthold], having reached the porch. "I don't come to your house."

http://gawker.com/5954293/the-gawker-endorsement-mark-clayton-for-senate

And guess does have pictures, and a website? Mark Clayton, that's who. He's also got what it takes to win. Two months ago, he beat Park Overall — "best known for playing the sassy nurse Laverne on the 1990s sitcom Empty Nest" — and Gary Gene Davis — "a Chattanooga man who spent less than $100" — in a primary to win the Tennessee Democratic Party's nomination for Senate, spending only $65 total and using the clever guerrilla strategy of "having a last name that starts with 'C' on an alphabetical ballot."

Opposes forced Boy Scout homosexuality: "Lobbied Congress to protect Boy Scouts from homosexuals"

Opposes the North American Union: "The Clayton for Senate campaign condemns the outrageous anti-American meetings aimed at the complete merger of the economies, governments, societies, and militaries of the United States of America, Mexico, and Canada into a single entity which the neo-conservatives and President Bush are calling the "North American Union."

Opposes "The TSA's mix of ultra-leftist hiring practices," which "mandates transexuals and homosexuals grabbing children in their stranger-danger zones in the name of airport security."

Opposes same-sex marriage: "The radical homosexual lobby is demanding special rights & thought-control, and it is a fact that many homosexuals use their so-called social advances as a license not for civil rights, but for same-sex harassment and acts of deviant sexuality in public places, including the workplace.
"
Pro-life: "[N]eocons trick Americans into voting about abortion"

"[H]is Web site suggested that... Google was working against him at the behest of the Chinese government."

Do check out his rocking website. 
http://www.claytonforsenate.com/home.html

Offline FirsthandTuna

• Pope
Re: Gawker's First ever Political Endorsement.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 02:10:26 am »
Do you actually think this is serious? The article reeks of sarcasm.
"Fraudulent ONEness of religious academia has retarded your opposite rationale brain to a half brain slave." - The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 02:14:59 am »
It does seem as if Gawker's purpose is to covertly mock him, not endorse him.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 07:51:36 pm »
I thought that it would be worth a good laugh for all here...apparently not.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 08:14:20 pm »
I thought this guy was the crazy guy who wears the wizard hat, who is generally running around and being sarcastic about the whole system.

I got a laugh, so you succeeded here Disco.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 05:12:04 am »
Jesus did not have a campaign staff. And he had the most successful campaign in human history," Clayton said recently, when asked if all this adds up to a winning run against incumbent Sen. Bob Corker (R). Jesus "didn't even have pictures or a Web site.
They were called the Disciples...
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 09:53:30 am »
...was I the only one surprised by how YOUNG this dude is? From his ramblings, he sounded like a senile old man.