Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 841644 times)

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #810 on: August 06, 2012, 10:25:37 pm »
I had a fitting and found out I was wearing a size that was way off. Properly fitting bras are the most glorious things ever. I only have three, unfortunately, because my bras are about sixty dollars a piece.
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #811 on: August 07, 2012, 02:29:05 pm »
Went on a date last night. It was awesome.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #812 on: August 07, 2012, 10:59:42 pm »
I found the perfect pair of sunglasses.  They wrap around very close to my eyes, so no light can possibly get to my eyes from the sides.  The frames are thick enough that no light can get in from the top or bottom.  They grip my head tightly enough that they don't fall, but not so tightly that it is uncomfortable.

I have multiple migraines almost every week, and a good pair of sunglasses goes a long way toward preventing them and reducing their severity.  This is a major victory for me.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Jebediah

• The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #813 on: August 08, 2012, 01:42:36 am »
Saw the Deftones and System of a Down this evening. It was great. The night had many many bullshit moments, but the performances were fantastic.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #814 on: August 08, 2012, 02:25:03 am »
Suzan DelBene, who I am interning for, got second place in the primary for Washington's 1st Congressional District. Essentially, she is now the Democratic nominee, and will face off with John Koster in the general election.

Also, I got to meet a sitting member of Congress - Rick Larsen (D-WA). I think that's a first for me.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #815 on: August 08, 2012, 01:25:44 pm »
The Los Angeles Science Museum has announced the Shuttle Endeavor will be arriving at LAX on Sept. 20, and will make it's way to the museum itself on Oct. 13. It will be travelling along LA roads & freeways between these two dates. I am not missing the October date for a damn thing.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #816 on: August 08, 2012, 02:38:18 pm »
Whew, that'll be a heckuva wide load.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #817 on: August 08, 2012, 08:44:30 pm »
1.The new microwave came today.

2. I got to spend some time with my best friend, who I haven't seen in months, though I've talked to her on the phone and on fb.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #818 on: August 09, 2012, 04:12:05 pm »
Today was student appreciation day at work, which means students and faculty got ot enjoy music and free food. Veggie burgers aer better than any diet food has any right to be.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #819 on: August 09, 2012, 05:22:22 pm »
I went to my first day of my 10th grade year and these are the events I considered good.(I'll make a separate post of this in the things that annoy me thread after this.)First my friend Micheal was still and we hade a few laughs at lunch. Second the majority of the classes I had were ones I wanted with the exception of one. Also last and foremost in my mind I meet a boy who immigrated from Vietnam he speaks  no english but he is so cool (I also may be mildly attracted to him.) so that was what was good to me on my first day. (It still mostly sucked.)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #820 on: August 09, 2012, 07:17:53 pm »
I've managed to get the problem with the SP tables not loading properly hammered out, I've expanded the Class...class, to include an identifier string that tells us what SP table we need to load for it (for a class with no casting power, we have the "none" SP table, which is all 0s).  I've also gotten the classes, as they are currently, serializing and loading into the script writer just fine with minimal effort.

Also, got skeleton code for all the other program classes I'll need, and I wrote up (currently non-working, and won't work until I get scripts written up) script loading code for all of em into Fire Forge itself, so, once I get them all hammered out, I'll have about half the loading work already done!  I think, all in all, I'm about one third to halfway through, at this point.  Skills, Spells, and SP Types are all done...Classes are at about 75% done, and the rest I've either gotten a bit of progress on, or at least have working skeleton code for.

Today has been a productive day.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 07:28:33 pm by RavynousHunter »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Jebediah

• The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #821 on: August 09, 2012, 11:28:45 pm »
I had to train someone at work today (which was actually really annoying) but I got a free meal out of it. And my trainee told me she felt like she was learning something from me, which she didn't feel was happening with her other trainers.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #822 on: August 10, 2012, 01:04:31 pm »
I got a letter in the mail saying I won a scholarship I applied for ages ago.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #823 on: August 10, 2012, 01:41:54 pm »
Congratulations!
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #824 on: August 10, 2012, 02:23:41 pm »
So, again, this was technically yesterday, but I was incredibly busy and didn't really have time (or energy) for computer things.

First and foremost, I finally got a job! I'm now a porter-for-hire through a staffing company that helps apartment complexes find additional maintenance and leasing staff when they need the help. Take that, 1.5yrs of unemployment!
Secondly, after getting back from the interview and changing, I went to a bar and had a really long conversation with one of my closest friends. I also enjoyed getting drunk for the first time, which may have been due to the fact that my friend is more of a philosophical drunk than, y'know, ragey or depressed or something. I also tried my first tequila shot, and this mixed drink that's basically whiskey and lemonade, which was surprisingly good! I then proceeded to crash on my friend's couch, since she lives closer to the bar and I don't currently have keys to my building (another story for a different thread). Not a bad evening at all.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.