Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 828071 times)

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #765 on: July 21, 2012, 12:50:09 am »
While I suppose it is more on the neutral side due to circumstances, I still count it as a good thing in the long run:

Bought a bike today because I have to take my truck in for some very expensive repairs soon and it will leave me vehicle-less for a day or two. Took it for a 2 mile spin and promptly died when I got home. Apparently I haven't been using certain muscles in my thighs for the last 10 years (last time I rode a bike).

Art Vandelay

« Reply #766 on: July 21, 2012, 01:55:45 am »
I'm actually making progress in my quest to learn how to build a PC. It's almost possible that when it comes time to actually do it, I won't fuck it up.

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #767 on: July 22, 2012, 08:54:12 pm »
I managed to donate blood for the first time in about 16 years. Before we moved to FL, my fiancee donated platelets, plasma, and red blood cells every 2 weeks. (It's a rotating schedule, but platelets can be done every 2 weeks, with the others mixed in as they can be.) After we moved back, she started up again. She's been poking me to donate too (at least whole blood, which is what most people think of when they think of "donating blood.")

I hate needles and am a very difficult stick. I've also had a tough time being able to donate over the years (either because I couldn't find a place or I was under deferral). I finally screwed up my courage and agreed to go with her. Last night when we were talking about it, a friend of ours asked if he could come along.

In what I consider to be an irony, my fiancee could not actually donate (her iron was too low). Our friend and I could donate, though. I only did whole blood, which took about 10 minutes from start to finish. Our friend did the "donate everything," which took about 2.5 hours. (Part of that was because they had to restart him because the machine messed up.)

We all have appointments in 2 weeks to go again, and next time, I am going to try the "donate everything."
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline DarkfireTaimatsu

• Pope
  • Here be impies.
    • Taiblog
« Reply #768 on: July 24, 2012, 02:02:05 am »
I had a birthday~

Look at all the stuff I got. No, look at it.
A limerick:

There once was a unicorn who would shove
His rainbows around like a dove
"Always I'll be with you
And then make-believe with you
Harmony, Harmony, oh love"

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
« Reply #769 on: July 24, 2012, 03:24:33 am »
Nice presents!
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."

Distind

« Reply #770 on: July 24, 2012, 01:11:48 pm »
So, I'm apparently getting an office in the move at work. I'll never have to work again!

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #771 on: July 26, 2012, 07:25:15 pm »
The doctor saw me a day early, and I DON'T HAVE HEPATITIS-C.

FUCK YES.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #772 on: July 26, 2012, 11:22:24 pm »
Woot!  Happy for ya, Sleepy. :D

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #773 on: July 27, 2012, 04:46:27 am »
The doctor saw me a day early, and I DON'T HAVE HEPATITIS-C.

FUCK YES.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M</a>
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #774 on: July 30, 2012, 02:23:49 pm »
Thanks, guys.

Yesterday was awesome because I got a bunch of papers sorted, my desk and bedroom tidied up, and got to play a crapload of Banjo Kazooie.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.
« Reply #775 on: July 30, 2012, 04:52:17 pm »
I have enough bread to see me through the rest of the week. Expenditure: £0.28

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #776 on: July 31, 2012, 05:32:28 am »
I think I feel confident enough to reveal my answer to the abysmal stand-alone character creator for D&D Online.  For those of you who have never seen it, here's a screencap of it.  Note that the pic is shrunk down because the form itself is fucking HUGE.  Its so long, that it can't fit on my laptop's screen.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's a fucking mess, isn't it?  Compare that to my current (working) design for Fire Forge:

So comparatively clean, you could eat off it.  The main program itself is still mostly a skeleton, the only partly-working section is the Skills tab, pictured above.  I've been spending most of my time getting the scripting design and tool capable of making this an easily-extensible near-dream of a program.

Before this, I had only the foggiest clue how serialization in C# worked.  I didn't even really know how it'd all fit together, but my ramshackle collection of ideas (many fueled by my good friend, caffeine) turned out looking better than its competitor, and I'm doing this all by myself, learning shit as I fucking go.

To the creators of the D&D Online Character Planner, you wouldn't know good GUI design if it bit your dicks off, and I could design a better interface than you in my god damned sleep.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 05:34:00 am by RavynousHunter »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #777 on: July 31, 2012, 04:16:24 pm »
That's cool, Rav. :)  You might have a natural knack for that kinda thing.

Distind

« Reply #778 on: July 31, 2012, 04:56:08 pm »
Before this, I had only the foggiest clue how serialization in C# worked.  I didn't even really know how it'd all fit together, but my ramshackle collection of ideas (many fueled by my good friend, caffeine) turned out looking better than its competitor, and I'm doing this all by myself, learning shit as I fucking go.
I'll double check how I'm doing it. The easy(and slow in enterprise applications) way largely consists of attaching a keyword to the serializable object, and making sure the right constructors exist for .net to do everything for you. But I don't remember how I'm committing it to a string off the top of my head.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #779 on: July 31, 2012, 08:00:45 pm »
I know that you need (for the way I'm doing it) to include System.Runtime.Serialization and System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.  Also need to give your class the [Serializable()] tag, and make sure its derived from ISerializable.  After that, all you need is a deserialization constructor, and to override GetObjectData().

Looks kinda like this...

Code: [Select]
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;

using System.Runtime.Serialization;
using System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary;

namespace Creator
{
    [Serializable()]
    public sealed class SP_Type : ISerializable
    {
        public string    Name;
        public List<int> SP_Table;

public SP_Type()
        {
            this.Name     = "Generic SP Table";
            this.SP_Table = new List<int>( 20 );
        }

public SP_Type( SP_Type other )
        {
            this.Name     = other.Name;
            this.SP_Table = other.SP_Table;
        }

// Deserialization Constructor
        public SP_Type( SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext ctxt )
        {
            this.Name     = ( string    ) info.GetValue( "Name",     typeof( string    ) );
            this.SP_Table = ( List<int> ) info.GetValue( "SP_Table", typeof( List<int> ) );
        }

// Serialization Function
        public void GetObjectData( SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext ctxt )
        {
            info.AddValue( "Name",     this.Name     );
            info.AddValue( "SP_Table", this.SP_Table );
        }
    };
}
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.