Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 827314 times)

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #420 on: April 09, 2012, 03:52:06 am »
My band had an incredible show tonight. Small venue, but we shared it with some great bands, made some good new contacts (include one that may get me a job at the House of Blues!), and had a fucking amazing time.

Our next show is going to be in Dana Point, CA on the 28th. Anyone in the SoCal area who can make it should come check us out and say hi!
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #421 on: April 09, 2012, 07:02:24 pm »
I think I figured out a way to solve the issue I've been having with implementing scripting for my DDO Creator (henceforth known as Fire Forge).  I've been going about it the wrong way...instead of writing the scripts by hand in XML, and having to wrangle with XML interpretation code for all of it.  Fuck that jank!

I completely forgot about the serialization facilities that come with .Net...  Sooooo, I'm running a test using two classes and an enumeration (Skill class, tristate class, and Abilities enumeration) and developing a tool to do all the heavy lifting of serializing the scripts while I just write up the information.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #422 on: April 10, 2012, 04:38:31 pm »
The good news is: I'm not pregnant!
The bad news is: I'm on my period. Gaaaaaaah.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #423 on: April 10, 2012, 07:13:44 pm »
Got my first interview at Chik-fil-A this afternoon. I was (far as I can tell) the only one on time for his interview, and they said that they're perfectly content to give me Saturday and Tues/Wed off for band practice since my schedule is otherwise pretty open, or just schedule me for the morning shifts. As a morning person who can't wake up past 8AM for shit, I will gladly be there at that time.

Now to wait and see if they call about a 2nd interview.

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #424 on: April 11, 2012, 09:31:11 am »
My 10 am class was just CANCELED.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #425 on: April 11, 2012, 10:05:14 am »

22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #426 on: April 11, 2012, 02:49:24 pm »

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #427 on: April 12, 2012, 12:46:16 am »
Got a 2nd interview with Chik-fil-A on Friday, and an interview with a hostel tomorrow. If the pay is comparable, I'd much rather have the hostel for its schedule and lack of fast food, but I can't really afford to be choosy right now.

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #428 on: April 12, 2012, 10:34:24 am »
I got a job and it's for real this time!
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #429 on: April 12, 2012, 07:30:01 pm »
You ain't the only one!  Part-time and Wal-Mart, but a job's a job.  Even if its day shift, something my body clock is NOT used to.

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #430 on: April 12, 2012, 07:39:02 pm »
Congrats, RH! WalMart isn't a bad job. I mean, it'll probably suck, but what job doesn't?

My job is in the bakery at the Cheesecake Factory.
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #431 on: April 12, 2012, 07:45:55 pm »
That's awesome, Jeb! That place is bangin'.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #432 on: April 12, 2012, 09:03:42 pm »
Bring us "expired" foods please! :D

QueenofHearts

« Reply #433 on: April 13, 2012, 03:18:58 pm »
Bring us "expired" foods please! :D

This so much, and congrats on the work everyone  :)

My day yesterday was pretty good, about a 9/10.

So I yesterday I had an appointment for hair removal (the spa is about a 90 minute drive) and decided to take a very scenic route to check out a mall I haven't been to in forever. So here's the run-down

• Found a pair of fishnet stockings that Cait told me to try out :D. I experimented them with a couple of looks and think I have some shorts that look nice with them, but then I need to find some tops which don't make me look slutty. And no pics for several weeks at least, I need to find some cloths that look nice with them and let my face heal up (more below).
• While looking for them at Hot Topic and Spencers I had two awesome conversations with the cashiers. The first was a cool dude with dreads and we had a conversation for about 20 minutes (Hot Topic was empty) about, of all things, Mistah J. He said Ledger's Joker was the best, but I like Hamill's Joker, tbh. The conversation started when I found a shirt with this picture on it here. They only had it in Large and since it was a men's shirt I was looking for a small/XS, which they didn't have :(. The other cashier had a bunch of cool piercings and we talked for about 10 minutes about piercings, tattoos, and suspensions.
• While at the mall, I found a lovely blue dress
• Also at the same mall, a random woman told me I had the most beautiful hair.  :D

After leaving the mall, I got lost for about 20 minutes in Maryland, that was fun. Anyways, once I found out where I was, I managed to get to the spa exactly on time, my phone changed to 2:30 right when I opened the door :D. The laser itself didn't go so well and my face feels/looks horrible, and probably will until Monday at the least :(. Worst of all, I'm instructed to wear no make-up or take any hot showers to let my skin heal.

But then for the rest of the day I hung out with my best friend and it was pretty fun.

EDIT: And today I got my first fuck no, I was kind waiting for one of those :D
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 05:04:14 pm by QueenofHearts »

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
« Reply #434 on: April 13, 2012, 09:08:15 pm »
I own a very fancy gaming laptop with 3GB dedicated graphics. :D
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."