Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 827533 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #1455 on: January 12, 2013, 05:48:31 am »
My views on the matter; if she can dish it out but can't take it, I say let her fucking have it. In my experience, the only thing cunts like that understand is being decisively put it their place. All this "turn the other cheek" nonsense sounds all high and mighty in theory, but in practice it just sends the message that they're free to walk all over people with no consequences whatsoever.

So yeah, don't hold back. Tear her as many new ones as you please.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #1456 on: January 12, 2013, 11:20:56 am »
Lately I've been making jokes about her, and everyone laughs at them. I like to do this because she gets REALLY self conscious when I joke about her, like even with a really light one about her that no one should get offended by, she turns bright red and can only react with "Yeah?! well...you.. sh-SHUDDUP BITCH". It's actually quite hilarious.

That really isn't very nice.

I know we all can't be as nice as Jeb, but we should try. If she's that insecure about things, picking on her (even if she tacitly condones it by picking on others) isn't the answer. I was bullied in High School and at the time it does suck, but after you graduate, you'll think back and wonder "why did I even respond to such pettiness." I think it's best to just let it go if she tries to put you down. A simple "yeah, my picture sucks, eh" will quickly take the sting out of her insults. Likewise, when she picks on others just telling her it's not nice and being friendly towards those she bullies will make her look bad enough.

TL;DR, you're better than that, don't stoop to her level.

Yeah, there are better ways to go about a situation like that.  Just bullying back makes you no better than her.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #1457 on: January 12, 2013, 11:32:56 am »
Lately I've been making jokes about her, and everyone laughs at them. I like to do this because she gets REALLY self conscious when I joke about her, like even with a really light one about her that no one should get offended by, she turns bright red and can only react with "Yeah?! well...you.. sh-SHUDDUP BITCH". It's actually quite hilarious.

That really isn't very nice.

I know we all can't be as nice as Jeb, but we should try. If she's that insecure about things, picking on her (even if she tacitly condones it by picking on others) isn't the answer. I was bullied in High School and at the time it does suck, but after you graduate, you'll think back and wonder "why did I even respond to such pettiness." I think it's best to just let it go if she tries to put you down. A simple "yeah, my picture sucks, eh" will quickly take the sting out of her insults. Likewise, when she picks on others just telling her it's not nice and being friendly towards those she bullies will make her look bad enough.

TL;DR, you're better than that, don't stoop to her level.

Yeah, there are better ways to go about a situation like that.  Just bullying back makes you no better than her.

Yeah I was kind of worried about that. None of it is outright bullying, usually whenever she goes on a bitch-fest about someone behind their back I'll call her out on it, and sometimes be sassy about it. I usually just stand up for people in a humorous way.
Like one day she was making fun of a trumpet player because he messed up(He's really sensitive about it, and he's attempted suicide twice. He's my friend and he thinks he's worthless except for his trumpet playing).  Well I pointed out that last week he had to replace her for almost half a song because she sucks so bad at playing. Her face was priceless.
Another time she was making fun of a girl for looking like "a twelve year old boy with too much eye-liner", which is total bullshit. The girl she was making fun of was absolutely gorgeous and really sweet too. Also she wears boy's clothes so it didn't make any sense to make fun of another girl for sometimes wearing tomboyish clothes. Well I said "Sounds like someone's jealous!" and she got really mad. Then I told her that she kinda looked like her so she shouldn't make fun of her. She just tried to come up with a lame insult and she was really embarrassed.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

QueenofHearts

« Reply #1458 on: January 12, 2013, 11:51:13 am »
I think the right answers to those would've been to assure the bullied person that they play/look fine, offer a bit of praise about them (you play fine, wish I could stay that in synch & I couldn't pull off that look) and then ask her why she has to be so mean to people. Of course, she'll say something mean to you, but just let it go.

I understand that she is asking for it by being rude, but it isn't worth it. My brother and sister-in-law are no different, they thrive off of high school drama and try to get everyone they can involved in their stupid games. It has lead to them outing me to around town when I don't take their sides in petty squabbling. I let it go. I don't speak to them nor do I consider them family, but I don't perpetuate their drama. And of course people talk and say nasty things, that's what people do. However, a lot of people see them for what they are the minute they (other people) tell me what's being said and hear me say "I know what they're saying, I'm not going to let it get to me" and leave it at that.

Finally, and I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, but the fact you brought up such a story in this thread implies that you took pride in what transpired. That's really what I think is most concerning to us.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 11:54:07 am by QueenofHearts »

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #1459 on: January 12, 2013, 12:01:07 pm »
I guess the reason I'm proud is because I'm no longer scared of her like a lot of people are.
Ignoring what she says doesn't work though, because she makes those jokes to MY friends and then gets them to make the jokes too. If I don't react they wont stop. I've tried to tell her seriously to stop but she just laughs and tells me to STFU. Also I can't really ignore some of the stuff she does since it's interrupting me, like in class if I say anything to my friends she will tap me on the shoulder and tell me to STFU for no reason. None of my other friends notice this though since she kisses their asses.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #1460 on: January 12, 2013, 03:12:31 pm »
I feel so happy today... I had a long, much-needed discussion with a friend of mine vis a vis religion vs. faith last night, and a weight's been lifted off my shoulders.  I've got lunch and an Ubermonster in me, I'm going to write later, and I may even bake a cake tonight, just for fun.  On top of that, I got a lovely fudge recipe from my roommate's mother.  That's on the docket for next week's baking.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1461 on: January 12, 2013, 06:14:42 pm »

All that needs to be said.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline ThunderWulf

• The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #1462 on: January 12, 2013, 06:28:01 pm »
I feel so happy today... I had a long, much-needed discussion with a friend of mine vis a vis religion vs. faith last night, and a weight's been lifted off my shoulders.  I've got lunch and an Ubermonster in me, I'm going to write later, and I may even bake a cake tonight, just for fun.  On top of that, I got a lovely fudge recipe from my roommate's mother.  That's on the docket for next week's baking.

If you don't mind me asking, WHAT is an Ubermonster?
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #1463 on: January 12, 2013, 06:30:45 pm »

If you don't mind me asking, WHAT is an Ubermonster?

An Ubermonster is a variant on the Monster energy drinks... they make it with an adapted German brewing process.  Non-alcoholic energy drink, comes in this amazing glass bottle that you need a bottle opener for... about $4 each, but it hits you like a truck.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1464 on: January 12, 2013, 08:20:29 pm »
Found out today, the uniform idea has been nixed...Fuck Yeah!!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1465 on: January 13, 2013, 03:05:17 am »
I tend to prefer the regular or giant bottle variants of Monsters.  The teensy tiny ones do next to nothing, for me, and I have the sneaking suspicion that its because its more "energy blend" and less caffeine.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #1466 on: January 13, 2013, 03:07:05 am »
I tend to prefer the regular or giant bottle variants of Monsters.  The teensy tiny ones do next to nothing, for me, and I have the sneaking suspicion that its because its more "energy blend" and less caffeine.

I'm fond of the Lo-Carb variant, but the Zero Sugar new version they've got is oddly delicious.  Fruity!  Still has substantial kick, but no sugar.  And the can design is badass too.  The Ubermonsters have classical Gryphons on the label.

Formerly Priestling

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1467 on: January 13, 2013, 05:12:07 am »
Lying in bed watching an Attenborough documentary on my laptop. It doesn't get much better than this.

Offline ThunderWulf

• The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #1468 on: January 13, 2013, 06:52:45 pm »
I got made an admin of one of the metal pages I'm a fan of on Facebook! :D
a.k.a. TGRwulf

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #1469 on: January 14, 2013, 08:04:43 pm »
I just wrote a crapload of HTML on my first day of class, and it actually looks like something decent. I feel mighty fine, considering I haven't done any error checking, but just opened the page to see how it turned out.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades