Author Topic: Something very important that you and Niam should know  (Read 4963 times)

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
Re: Something very important that you and Niam should know
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2018, 05:23:16 pm »
Chapter 9 and 10 are coming out tonight.

I've revealed little enough about King Michael that I don't blame Jacob for assuming something needs to be altered.

And to basically say what is going on with these stories - I intend for there to be a bit of contrast between my offerings and what Jacob is typing out. So more or less - I'm mocking him by writing his own universe better than he does.

There is one reference to King Jaime in chapter 3

“This would not be what Jaime would have done, Gabriel tried to tell himself.”

So you will have to replace the word Jaime with Pierre.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2018, 10:07:46 pm »
No he won't, it trolls you just fine either way.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2018, 11:42:01 pm »
So that's, what, the fifth "true heir" you've dug up thus far? I guess we can expect a new one sometime in the next fortnight or so.

This time I’m sure I found the right one.

Of course you are.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2018, 12:02:48 am »
And of course he still hasn't gotten the point that the "right one" is the current Queen, since she is the rightful heir of Sophia of Hanover via male-preference primogeniture, as per the Act of Settlement passed by the representatives of the people in Parliament.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2018, 01:41:03 am »
He changes who the true heir is ore than most people change their socks.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2018, 01:41:46 am »
...I am reasonably sure the next one will be East European somehow.

Also, isn't Excalibur's Return entirely based on the idea of Jaime being King? There are multiple references to him in it.

And the whole conceit of it is Jacob's experience of a vision of a parallel universe where JAIME is the King. So unless the parallel universe he supposedly speaks of changes its legitimate new king whenever Jacob finds a new totally legit heir...

Ergo I think the current version will do just fine.

Also, gonna have to put off chapter 9 and 10 until tomorrow - got to head to bed early for an appointment tomorrow. But I do have a teaser for Chapter 10.

(click to show/hide)
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2018, 02:21:19 am »
So that's, what, the fifth "true heir" you've dug up thus far? I guess we can expect a new one sometime in the next fortnight or so.
It almost makes me feel sorry for the toffs, the poor bastards keep getting harangued by a weird little bastard called Jacob Harrison!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2018, 07:32:55 am »
...I am reasonably sure the next one will be East European somehow.

Also, isn't Excalibur's Return entirely based on the idea of Jaime being King? There are multiple references to him in it.

And the whole conceit of it is Jacob's experience of a vision of a parallel universe where JAIME is the King. So unless the parallel universe he supposedly speaks of changes its legitimate new king whenever Jacob finds a new totally legit heir...

Ergo I think the current version will do just fine.

Also, gonna have to put off chapter 9 and 10 until tomorrow - got to head to bed early for an appointment tomorrow. But I do have a teaser for Chapter 10.

(click to show/hide)

So maybe you should add a chapter where I discover who the true rightful heir is and replace King Michael with the son of Pierre Naquet. After Michael’s death, the new King marries Iva. Since I am sure I found the true heir, the story should be based on who I consider the legitimate heir.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2018, 10:20:18 am »
I traced the line of Cognatic primogeniture from the descendants of Adela of Normandy’s son Theobald II Count of Champagne.
Oh, by the way, you did it wrong yet again. England didn't have cognatic succession until very recently, and changes to succession laws don't apply retroactively. As such, you need to trace the heir using the succession laws of the time, not the laws that exist today.

So yeah, have fun with that.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2018, 11:23:43 am »
I traced the line of Cognatic primogeniture from the descendants of Adela of Normandy’s son Theobald II Count of Champagne.
Oh, by the way, you did it wrong yet again. England didn't have cognatic succession until very recently, and changes to succession laws don't apply retroactively. As such, you need to trace the heir using the succession laws of the time, not the laws that exist today.

Cognitive primogeniture is male primogeniture which was the law of succession at the time.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2018, 11:52:24 am »

Cognitive primogeniture is male primogeniture which was the law of succession at the time.

Nope, that's agnatic premogeniture. Also bear in mind that England used agnatic-cognatic primogeniture later on in its history (females can inherit, but only if there are no males of the same lineage) for a few hundred years before switching over to absolute cognatic a few years ago.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 01:10:16 pm by Art Vandelay »

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2018, 04:25:28 pm »

Nope, that's agnatic premogeniture. Also bear in mind that England used agnatic-cognatic primogeniture later on in its history (females can inherit, but only if there are no males of the same lineage) for a few hundred years before switching over to absolute cognatic a few years ago.

Well then I used agnatic-cognatic primogeniture when tracing the rightful heir because the line went through females if someone did not have any sons.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2018, 04:48:23 pm »
Well then I used agnatic-cognatic primogeniture when tracing the rightful heir because the line went through females if someone did not have any sons.
For the entirety of the line, or just when England actually had agnatic-cognatic succession?

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2018, 07:30:05 pm »
For the entirety of the line, or just when England actually had agnatic-cognatic succession?

By the time of Henry II, England’s had Agnatic-cognatic succession because Henry II was the son of Henry II’s Matilda. I traced what should have been the agnatic cognatic succession after him.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2018, 08:27:29 pm »

By the time of Henry II, England’s had Agnatic-cognatic succession because Henry II was the son of Henry II’s Matilda. I traced what should have been the agnatic cognatic succession after him.

Righto then.