Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1462171 times)

Saturn500

Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #525 on: May 29, 2012, 11:26:34 am »
Oooh did you get the Holorifle?  I think that might be one of the more powerful guns in the game.

Yes, but I am lacking in ammo. I have 9 rounds left. I thought it used MF Cells, so I made more of them. No, it uses MF Cell B's, which I do not have, cannot find, and cannot make.

In that case, if you haven't reunited with the rest of the crew yet... well, hope you have a high Speech stat. Preferably at 100. If not, then that just might be a bit of a problem...

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #526 on: May 29, 2012, 12:18:36 pm »
If there is one major flaw in Fallout: NV's gameplay, it's that you can only have one human companion with you at a time. I want to roam around the wasteland with my badass team.

Saturn500

« Reply #527 on: May 29, 2012, 02:47:40 pm »
http://www.gamesradar.com/castlevania-lords-shadow-mirror-faith-confirmed-3ds/

So, was Harmony of Despair the last game in the franchise to involve 2D gameplay, or what?

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #528 on: May 29, 2012, 04:48:59 pm »
Finally beat Mass Effect 2. Lost Miranda's loyalty at some point due to an argument between her and Jack. Needed an absurd Paragon score to get her loyalty back so I made sure she died during the final mission. Problem solved.

Saturn500

« Reply #529 on: May 29, 2012, 05:49:06 pm »
Tyrian 2000's available for free on GOG!   ;D

http://www.gamesradar.com/microsoft-e3-2012-predictions/

My responses to each prediction:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Juna Starrider

• Apprentice
« Reply #530 on: May 29, 2012, 07:04:57 pm »
I decided to take my pimped out, level 42, power armour clad Courier to the Lonesome Road for the first time, expecting a rather easy OWB, or HH type playthrough.

Boy, was I wrong.   The first Marked Men weren't that bad, and E-DE  (Who I've apparently been saying it's name wrong the entire damn game) was a great help, it was when I walked into the underground and saw the event where a Deathclaw gets mauled offscreen by Tunnelers that I realized I was boned.  By the time I hit the Divide, I was out of bullets for all my fave guns (I never run out, I'm anal like that) so I'm using a flare gun and a pistol to fight deathclaws.   I can't port out because there's Marked men with stealth boys running around that I can't target via VATS (I'm horrible with manual shooting), including one of the 'elite' guys.   Then I make the mistake of walking into what I think is a 'secret' cave, only to have the entrance collapse on me, and the mother of all Deathclaws two shots me.   

*sob*

Don't get me wrong, it was a great challenge, being forced to go back to the earlier level playstyle, where I couldn't steamroll over everything.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #531 on: May 29, 2012, 07:08:13 pm »
Oh that's Rawr.  He's not that bad if you know that you can detonate a warhead that's in the ceiling above him.

Ironbite-also that cave is just so unfair.

Saturn500

« Reply #532 on: May 29, 2012, 07:31:22 pm »
Hey, beat Rawr, and you can make the ultimate fist weapon: The Fist Of Rawr! [Angelic Chorus]*

*If you're playing on Wild Wasteland, it's name becomes a punny reference to Fist of The North Star.

Also, THQ has a new president:

http://www.gamesradar.com/naughty-dog-founder-new-president-thq/
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 07:33:40 pm by Saturn500 »

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #533 on: May 30, 2012, 06:56:55 am »
I decided to take my pimped out, level 42, power armour clad Courier to the Lonesome Road for the first time, expecting a rather easy OWB, or HH type playthrough.

Boy, was I wrong.   

Huh... Recommended level is 25+. Guess it REALLY scales...
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #534 on: May 31, 2012, 10:52:33 pm »
I've started playing Minecraft again after a months-long hiatus.  I fired it up, and started on an arctic island.  Three days into it, and I have my goal.  I will control my island completely.  No monsters will be able to spawn, or survive.  The whole, massive island will be under my boot.  I WILL CONQUER MY ENVIRONMENT!

[ETA]
Just to show you the scale of my task, here's a picture of my island.  The boxed-in area?  That's the area I currently control.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 11:04:49 pm by RavynousHunter »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Saturn500

« Reply #535 on: June 01, 2012, 12:18:05 am »
Ys Origins is out on Steam!  ;D

http://store.steampowered.com/app/200010/?snr=1_4_4__105_1 Already pre-purchased this.

EDIT: It's actually called Ys Origin, there's no "s" at the end.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 01:46:23 pm by Saturn500 »

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #536 on: June 01, 2012, 12:43:58 am »
Ys Origins is out on Steam!  ;D

http://store.steampowered.com/app/200010/?snr=1_4_4__105_1 Already pre-purchased this.

Quantum Conundrum looks interesting.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #537 on: June 01, 2012, 12:51:14 am »
I've started playing Minecraft again after a months-long hiatus.  I fired it up, and started on an arctic island.  Three days into it, and I have my goal.  I will control my island completely.  No monsters will be able to spawn, or survive.  The whole, massive island will be under my boot.  I WILL CONQUER MY ENVIRONMENT!
I do hope that includes any cave systems that connect to your island.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #538 on: June 01, 2012, 01:00:32 am »
I do hope that includes any cave systems that connect to your island.

Of course, but the surface comes first.  I have to think of style, after all...
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #539 on: June 01, 2012, 02:38:17 am »
The newest Humble Bundle looks amazing but I threw my money at Indie Gala instead.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!