Author Topic: Updates  (Read 989 times)

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
Updates
« on: October 09, 2012, 03:16:52 pm »
Well, I managed to get through my first few days at work without crying or screaming, and my schedule lets me be online a lot more than I thought it would. That's the good news.

On the other hand, I may never eat in a restaurant again, at least not without asking the manager about their cleaning practices first. At this place, it's standard procedure to leave food and trash all over the floor at closing time and get it in the morning. I'm not talking a little here and there...I'm talking piles of rice and such, soda dumped vaguely in the vicinity of floor drains, etc. *sigh*

So here's my standard schedule:
Sun: 10A-5P
Mon: Off
Tue: 5P-11:30P
Wed: Off
Thurs: Off
Fri: 5P-12:30A
Sat: 10A-12:30A

It's not really a difficult job, but it's physically demanding. On top of being on my feet for 7-14 hours with no breaks other than bathroom and quick 5-10 min meals, there's a lot of hauling heavy crap around. It also gets frustrating when I have to put something through the washer multiple times; rice gets stuck to the pots and leaves residue, and a lot of the dishes seem to require burning the sauce. Plus, dishwashers make the rice, so I'm hauling those big, heavy pots around, filling them with rice and water and hauling them to the cooker. The cooker has a nozzle over it; why don't we just fill up the water there? Plus, trash disposal, especially when a bag leaks or breaks, ESPECIALLY when people don't double-bag. *sigh*

I'm basically looking at it as training for when I move to Kentucky. My parents are in the process of buying an RV park, and they've offered me a job as groundskeeper; part-time in the off-season, full-time in the on-season.

On the bright side, I'm getting paid $10/hr and working 35.5 hours a week, so I might actually be able to save some decent money from this job.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.