Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1462772 times)

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #405 on: May 13, 2012, 04:28:10 am »

Red's pokes are in the 70's and 80's.  Jumpingjackflash's team looks good, though you might want something with fighting moves for Snorlax. 

Following my Clefable, Cuddles' crushing defeat in match 91 of the Battle Hall, I'm looking to either train a Dragonite for the Bh or build a Battle Tower Team.  If I go for the BT, I'm thinking of Scizor, Swampert, and Togekiss.

Well, that's quite a jump. Usually even the Elite 4 are only leveled in the 50's and 60's.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 03:51:32 pm by Vypernight »
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline jumpingjackflash

• Agent Swears-A-Lot Peashooter
  • Pope
  • Burn, baby, burn!
« Reply #406 on: May 13, 2012, 07:46:20 am »
Well, that's quite a jump. Usually even the Elite 4 are only leveled in the 50's and 60's.

Ever fight a rematch? You have got to see the leaders'/E4's levels. FYI, the E4 (first fight, natch) in HGSS is actually the weakest E4 in the series - Levels range from 42-50. But the rematch with them? 58-64. Which while weak by rematch standards, gives you a hard jump in levels with Champion Lance, whose levels are 68-75. So if you go in with 'mons with levels in the late fifties, the champion fight is gonna be brutal.

Following my Clefable, Cuddles' crushing defeat in match 91 of the Battle Hall, I'm looking to either train a Dragonite for the Bh or build a Battle Tower Team.  If I go for the BT, I'm thinking of Scizor, Swampert, and Togekiss.

Just a friendly advice: the higher your streak goes in Tower, the more cheats CPU will use to destroy your streak. I have experienced this, having my BT team get wiped out in one hit with Guillotine, a move that normally has a 30% chance of hitting. Three - THREE - fucking times in a row. If you insist, however, make sure to EV train your party. As it seems, the frontier facilities are the only place in the game where EV & IV actually is important to winning a fight.

Ok seriously, is nobody even going to try and avenge my man-burrito?

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #407 on: May 13, 2012, 03:53:53 pm »
Trust me, I've seen my share of cheap shots.  Whether it was my Starmie getting out-maneuvered by a hitmontop 10 levels lower or a Weazing wiping out my entire team. 

And I don't even approach the BF until my poke has the Effort Ribbon.  I'm just not sure if I want to train one poke for the Bh or try the Bt this time.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Art Vandelay

« Reply #408 on: May 13, 2012, 06:08:51 pm »
To be fair, Starmie is a glass cannon, especially when it comes to physical defense, and Hitmontop is a physical attacker, so it's not completely unfeasible, particularly if Hitmontop uses normal type attacks. Also, Weezing is one of the best tanks in the game, which incidentally is exactly what a good poison type should be.

That reminds me, if you want to train up a new pokemon from scratch, I'd highly recommend Slaking. Teach it hyper beam, give it a silk scarf and it'll easily one hit KO opponents that are several levels higher. Base physical attack stat of 160 is a wonderful thing.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #409 on: May 13, 2012, 07:00:22 pm »
Oh the fact that Hitmontop dropped Starmie with one attack didn't shock me.  The fact that it struck first did.  I had maxed out Starmie's Speed so for a L 82 Starmie to be outsped by a L 70 Hitmontop, something was up, especially since, at the same level, Starmie should Still hit first!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #410 on: May 13, 2012, 07:07:54 pm »
Did Hitmontop have a quick claw? I'm guessing that would do it.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #411 on: May 13, 2012, 07:19:35 pm »
Nope, 'top, in the Bh, only holds a Salac Berry.

Offline jumpingjackflash

• Agent Swears-A-Lot Peashooter
  • Pope
  • Burn, baby, burn!
« Reply #412 on: May 13, 2012, 07:20:59 pm »
That reminds me, if you want to train up a new pokemon from scratch, I'd highly recommend Slaking. Teach it hyper beam Giga Impact, give it a silk scarf and it'll easily one hit KO opponents that are several levels higher. Base physical attack stat of 160 is a wonderful thing.

Fixed.
Ok seriously, is nobody even going to try and avenge my man-burrito?

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #413 on: May 14, 2012, 04:47:17 am »
Tomb Raider has been delayed. I has a sads.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #414 on: May 14, 2012, 05:19:26 am »

Better delayed than shoved out at the deadline with 500 glitches and a hurriedly stitched together plot, right?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #415 on: May 14, 2012, 05:32:12 am »
Welp it took me about 11 hours on Monday Night Combat but I now have the Pyro hat achievement.

Also I started Morrowind, apparently I was a prisoner who I assume stab the shit out of a bunch of people(never actually told me what I was in for) who just got released, found a note and a dagger in a room and went out into town trying to stab people.  Took a ride on a giant....elephant insect thing? to a town I was supposed to go to but couldn't find menu or something to tell me what im supposed to do in my quest next and stopped there.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #416 on: May 14, 2012, 06:16:54 am »

Better delayed than shoved out at the deadline with 500 glitches and a hurriedly stitched together plot, right?

Yes. I'm sad but I'm not devastated so long as they deliver on their promises of a polished game.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Saturn500

« Reply #417 on: May 14, 2012, 11:27:47 am »
http://www.gamesradar.com/the-most-innocent-wholesome-games-and-how-fox-news-would-probably-reinterpret-them-utter-filth/

GamesRadar and Fox News

Also, I beat ClaDun X2's post-game.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 11:44:16 am by Saturn500 »

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #418 on: May 14, 2012, 01:57:09 pm »
Got a Gamestop gift card from my mom as a late BD present.  I was going to buy Tropico 4, but they were out, so I bought Dragon Age 2.  I also downloaded Tropico's trial game to see if I'd like it.

I also preorded Hitman Absolution so I could get the Sniper game.

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #419 on: May 14, 2012, 04:04:19 pm »
Why does this thread not include any game mods?

For example Project Nevada for FallOut: New Vegas Just looking at it reminds me of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Complete mods. This alone had me replaying New Vegas.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juMWKWR_BCo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juMWKWR_BCo</a>

It’s also made compatible with Mission Mojave: Ultimate Edition so the game is less of a buggy POS.

Throw in something like Wasteland Defense and holy jumpin jeebus FallOut has changed for the better.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94jIzWLnqhs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94jIzWLnqhs</a>
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*