Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1629121 times)

Offline Id82

• The Beast
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #6705 on: April 16, 2019, 04:30:45 pm »
If they could find ways to harness cow methane into energy I feel it could solve a lot of the pollution problems and create a new power source.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #6706 on: April 17, 2019, 04:54:45 am »
I can't wait until the tech is here (and its coming soon, baby) so that we can cheaply reproduce cow/chicken/etc muscle cells into meat and have delicious steaks and burgs and vegans can't bitch about carnists ruining the environment, because now we won't have to. We already can do this, its just very expensive.

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
« Reply #6707 on: April 26, 2019, 07:27:39 pm »

"Racial IQ differences" are almost certainly due to environmental, cultural, and socioeconomic factors. Or should we compare a gated community in Singapore to some dying Appalachian mining town and use that as "evidence" that whites are inherently dumber than Asians?

And that's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the "racial IQ" bullshit.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 07:31:01 pm by Chaos Undivided »
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6708 on: May 29, 2019, 05:32:16 pm »
This is probably one of his better cartoons but it is motivated by such naked self interest that it can't be in best cartoons:

OK can't make it work so here is the link: https://theweek.com/cartoons/843915/editorial-cartoon-editorial-cartoonists-fired-newspaper-bosses-bottom-line
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 06:17:46 pm by davedan »

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
« Reply #6709 on: June 04, 2019, 04:10:15 pm »

"REEEEEEE! Why aren't more Trump supporters anti-Semites like me?!"

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6710 on: June 04, 2019, 04:28:00 pm »
There's apparently a dispute on the alt-right about whether or not to hate the Jews in addition to blacks and Hispanics and Muslims and such.

The argument for hating Jews is basically because when you think about it, in the US, blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, and such really don't have the economic or political clout to make things miserable for whites. So if the conspiracy theory's going to hang together, there needs to be another group to which such clout can be attributed that's manipulating everything behind the scenes, and the Jews are (as they so often are) the most convenient scapegoat.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6711 on: June 04, 2019, 06:31:50 pm »
I can't remember who it was but there was a racism researcher who stated words to the effect of: 'Antisemitism underlies all US white supremacy'. For the reasons dpareja explains it appears that antisemitism is the sina qua non of US racism.

What is hilarious about this cartoon is the acknowledgement by racists that Trump/Maga, alt-right movement is motivated by racism.

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
« Reply #6712 on: June 04, 2019, 06:46:59 pm »
I thought anti-Semitism was one of the alt-right's main planks. Y'know, since it started as an attempt to re-brand white supremacy.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #6713 on: June 04, 2019, 07:05:06 pm »
White Supremacy is changing all the time as the definition of white changes.  Catholics from Europe used to not count but now even the the alt-right is fine with them.  A few decades ago at least some neo-nazi types were interested in making an alliance with Islamists against Israel, but now Muslim immigrants have become the big enemy so I could imagine some Nazis wanting to join forces with the Israeli far right, who have started to grow their own pro-Hitler members
https://www.timesofisrael.com/embracing-racism-rabbis-at-pre-army-yeshiva-laud-hitler-urge-enslaving-arabs/

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6714 on: June 04, 2019, 08:11:13 pm »
The novel, I'm reading at the moment (an English translation of the Israeli book Judas, by Amos Oz -from 1988 but set in 1960s) addresses how the process of colonisation and the use of force (power) by the israelis were destined to create a fascist state. The key part of fascism being rule by the ingroup simply because you are the ingroup.

Edit: Why the fuck can't I speak English.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 08:29:25 pm by davedan »

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
« Reply #6715 on: June 04, 2019, 08:49:07 pm »
White Supremacy is changing all the time as the definition of white changes.  Catholics from Europe used to not count but now even the the alt-right is fine with them.  A few decades ago at least some neo-nazi types were interested in making an alliance with Islamists against Israel, but now Muslim immigrants have become the big enemy so I could imagine some Nazis wanting to join forces with the Israeli far right, who have started to grow their own pro-Hitler members
https://www.timesofisrael.com/embracing-racism-rabbis-at-pre-army-yeshiva-laud-hitler-urge-enslaving-arabs/

Now that's what I call strange bedfellows.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6716 on: June 04, 2019, 09:39:36 pm »
Are they really strange bedfellows? They have the same idea in principle, they simply disagree as to which identity is superior. They probably agree to the extent that identities should be kept separate.

One of the interesting things is that separating jews from Gentiles (as part of Judaism) must have played a significant role in the survival of jewish identity during the Babylonian exile, the diaspora, the destruction of the temple and the subsequent pogroms and persecutions. So many other religions from that time have died out or are on the cusp. Two examples are the Samaritans and the Zoroastrians.

Although I am an atheist I think my worry about this is the creeping sameness and monoculture which appears to be part of the 21st century in everything from Music, Movies, Television, Architecture and Religion.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6717 on: June 04, 2019, 10:15:32 pm »
I can't remember who it was but there was a racism researcher who stated words to the effect of: 'Antisemitism underlies all US white supremacy'. For the reasons dpareja explains it appears that antisemitism is the sina qua non of US racism.

What is hilarious about this cartoon is the acknowledgement by racists that Trump/Maga, alt-right movement is motivated by racism.

Where it gets even more interesting is on the issue of supporting Israel, because you'll get the more honest anti-Semites (like David Duke) who are actually anti-Israel (or at least not pro-Israel), and then you'll have the ones who hide behind support for Israel to dispute any claims of anti-Semitism.

The catch with that latter group is that they're often Christians (especially evangelicals) who support Israel because its existence as a state is necessary for certain end-times prophecies in the Bible to come to pass... prophecies which, if they did come to pass, predict the forced conversion or death of all Jews, which is an extremely anti-Semitic desire.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #6718 on: June 06, 2019, 01:04:58 pm »
Ethnonationalist in different countries have the same goals so they get along very well and share tactical insights with each other. It doesn't matter for the likes of Netanyahu if his bedfellows abroad hate and persecute the Jews in their countries since that just gives these Jews incentives to move to Israel which is part of the far right project there. Some extreme Zionists use the same ideological talking points as Nazis about racial bloodlines/genetics and their inherent connection to ancient homelands where everyone of that race (and only them) belongs to.

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
« Reply #6719 on: June 12, 2019, 12:17:27 am »
While we're talking, I got an article about the NOI being willing to buddy up with white supremacists.