Author Topic: Women shouldn't drive  (Read 9564 times)

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
Re: Women shouldn't drive
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, 01:00:20 pm »
If anything, men shouldn't drive. As I recall, men have a higher rate of accidents than women - enough that I recall hearing about an auto insurance company in the UK that only insured women.

If I remember correctly, I believe it's men who are more likely to get into fatal collisions yet women are more likely to commit minor fender benders.

shykid

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2013, 02:11:02 pm »
If anything, men shouldn't drive. As I recall, men have a higher rate of accidents than women - enough that I recall hearing about an auto insurance company in the UK that only insured women.

If I remember correctly, I believe it's men who are more likely to get into fatal collisions yet women are more likely to commit minor fender benders.

When I was in high school, Driver's Ed was mandatory in my school district. I remember the teacher showing us an auto-insurance report or study of some kind and talking about it, and it pretty much corroborated this.

It said women were generally more likely to have auto accidents, but the accidents men had were, on average, much costlier and more likely to be fatal—to the extent that men were both more expensive to insure and more likely to die in an auto accident, despite having fewer accidents than women overall. However, teenage-driver accidents were markedly costlier and deadlier than adult accidents regardless of gender, but teenage boys in particular were especially likely to have serious and fatal accidents.

That was obviously the real point of sharing the report with us, but the teacher didn't actually say whether teenagers who took Driver's Ed were less likely to have auto accidents...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 02:18:25 pm by shy »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2013, 02:16:54 pm »
At least where I am, Driver's Ed is mandatory.  The place I went to, they required you to pass the academic side of the class before they'd even let you behind the wheel.

And yet we still have a lot of teenage accidents.  Including one I remember that resulted in the death of five kids that I had actually talked to before.

...It was a closed casket funeral.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

shykid

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2013, 02:33:43 pm »
I'd reckon that a good Driver's Ed class with a competent teacher would be effective at curbing the number of wrecks, but that really does not describe the Driver's Ed class I took. It also seemed like the group of kids that I drove with always had the worst and scariest drivers. It's like I was only put in the group so the teacher wouldn't have to ride with three maniacs.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2013, 02:46:17 pm »
At least where I am, Driver's Ed is mandatory.  The place I went to, they required you to pass the academic side of the class before they'd even let you behind the wheel.

And yet we still have a lot of teenage accidents.  Including one I remember that resulted in the death of five kids that I had actually talked to before.

...It was a closed casket funeral.

At my Driver's Ed school (which wasn't associated with a regular school) we did the academics and the in-car stuff concurrently. We'd schedule the in-car classes on our own time, so the only time I saw any of my classmates' driving was when I did my observation time. That was scary - the guy wasn't a maniac, but he'd never driven a car before, EVER. Mostly, he was really hard on the brakes.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2013, 08:05:32 pm »
My drivers ed classroom portion consisted of on of the school's coaches having use come in before school to the computer lab and watch videos on the AAA website. Most of the videos are at least 20 years old. He also told us to read a drivers handbook. That's literally about all we had with regard to in class education. The driving part of the class was a lot better and taught by one of the band instructors.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2013, 02:46:46 pm »
Must've attended the same biology classes as Todd Akin.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2013, 01:58:13 pm »

Seems Mr. Islamozealot goofus is even worse. If there was anything to that "Driving will mess up you gonads" then he would be ordering all men to stop driving. Guy-gonads "just let it aaaaalllllll hang out", hence the need for jock-cups and the prevalence of a certain gag on America's Funniest Home Videos.

Of course, with both the cleric & Akin, it's not about health and safety, it's about controlling women & girls because these guys are insecure boobs.

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2013, 05:31:25 pm »
Bad driving knows no the boundaries of sex or gender. Regional driving practices on the other hand…
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2013, 09:56:22 pm »

Seems Mr. Islamozealot goofus is even worse. If there was anything to that "Driving will mess up you gonads" then he would be ordering all men to stop driving. Guy-gonads "just let it aaaaalllllll hang out", hence the need for jock-cups and the prevalence of a certain gag on America's Funniest Home Videos.

Of course, with both the cleric & Akin, it's not about health and safety, it's about controlling women & girls because these guys are insecure boobs.

Hey, unsecured boobs are awesome. These two are not.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2013, 03:41:21 am »
Hey, unsecured boobs are awesome. These two are not.
Did somebody say boobies? *SHWING sound effect*
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2013, 12:31:05 pm »
So driving pushes the pelvis up and ruins your ovaries?
I guess women shouldn't sit down either by this logic.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2013, 01:55:03 am »
So driving pushes the pelvis up and ruins your ovaries?
I guess women shouldn't sit down either by this logic.
Ruh-roh that means sex is out of the question too!
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2013, 02:27:02 am »
Silly TIM, womenz are only for fuckin'. That's why they gots women-parts: so they can live in the kitchen barefoot, pregnant, an' ready for ruttin'! (That was physically nauseating to type.)
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2013, 02:28:57 pm »
Isn't that what your mom wants for you despite your own wishes?