Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1628738 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #6570 on: June 07, 2018, 09:16:11 am »
And in our series of "jokes that did not age well" we have this beautiful number:

I wonder what the artist thinks about this now?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #6571 on: June 07, 2018, 03:52:11 pm »
Trump is very bad at making himself look not guilty of something. The fact that he even has to mention that he can pardon himself which I'm not sure he can just looks suspicious.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6572 on: June 07, 2018, 04:06:19 pm »
Psssssssssssssst...he can't.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6573 on: June 07, 2018, 04:07:48 pm »
Trump is very bad at making himself look not guilty of something. The fact that he even has to mention that he can pardon himself which I'm not sure he can just looks suspicious.

1974 Justice Department memos aside (in which they said the President couldn't on the principle that nobody can be a judge in their own case), he just might, but it should trigger immediate impeachment proceedings (which cannot be overruled by a pardon). Though I suspect that the current House would let it slide, and even if they impeached, Senate Republicans would vote to acquit as "payback" for Democrats voting to acquit Clinton (even though a few Republicans joined).
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6574 on: June 08, 2018, 01:12:30 am »
accepting the Presidential pardon means admitting guilt. That is something that we talked about before and there is precedent for it. If he does pardon himself (or people too close to himself) USA either has to impeach him or lose last shreds of their respectability.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6575 on: June 08, 2018, 01:19:22 am »
accepting the Presidential pardon means admitting guilt. That is something that we talked about before and there is precedent for it. If he does pardon himself (or people too close to himself) USA either has to impeach him or lose last shreds of their respectability.

You think the US retains respectability?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6576 on: June 21, 2018, 11:17:45 am »

Note that the comic has been altered. Original version had something about "poor huddled masses" but I'm sure that this is what the statue of liberty really stands for.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #6577 on: July 12, 2018, 09:37:44 pm »

If you eat meat, you're Literally Hitler.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #6578 on: July 12, 2018, 09:49:52 pm »
Prove to me that cows and chickens are sentient, using the traditional definition of sentience (as in, not one you make up for the purpose of a college essay), and I will stop eating them.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #6579 on: July 13, 2018, 07:43:10 am »
Prove to me that cows and chickens are sentient, using the traditional definition of sentience (as in, not one you make up for the purpose of a college essay), and I will stop eating them.

Sentient- adj., the ability to perceive or feel.

I am pretty sure that mammals, as a group, are sentient.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6580 on: July 13, 2018, 09:19:06 am »
Sentient and delicious.

Seriously, to hell with chickens.  Evil little bastards, the lot of 'em.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #6581 on: July 13, 2018, 03:56:40 pm »

Sentient- adj., the ability to perceive or feel.

I am pretty sure that mammals, as a group, are sentient.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the definition of sentience was a sense of self-awareness.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6582 on: July 13, 2018, 04:32:58 pm »
Sentient and delicious.

Seriously, to hell with chickens.  Evil little bastards, the lot of 'em.

Chickens? are you sure you're not thinking of geese?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6583 on: July 13, 2018, 06:33:48 pm »
Also yes.  Ever worked in a chicken farm?  You wanna lose your faith in just about everything, you work on one of them motherfuckers.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #6584 on: July 13, 2018, 07:38:07 pm »
Vegans are like Hitler because they defend my victims?
How does that relate to Hitler at all?
Who the fuck ever said this?
Why would any intelligent person even say this?
Why would you create a comic creating a straw man persecution complex that no sane person would ever say?
Speciesist? Come the fuck on.
Wasn't it rumored that Hitler was a vegetarian?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t