Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1599207 times)

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #5880 on: June 25, 2018, 11:15:57 am »
So, you think occasionally punching and beating Nazis is viewed by the public as unfavorably as committing terrorist strikes that kill civilians and assassinating police officers and judges?

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #5881 on: June 26, 2018, 01:17:13 am »
So, you think occasionally punching and beating Nazis is viewed by the public as unfavorably as committing terrorist strikes that kill civilians and assassinating police officers and judges?

No. But left-wing radicals do more than just assault Nazis. Remember the riots in Hamburg last year?
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5882 on: June 26, 2018, 03:02:32 am »
So it's still OK to punch Nazis like we've been saying from the start as long as we don't also murder innocent civilians and police officers.

I'm glad that we can finally end this debate.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #5883 on: June 26, 2018, 03:10:45 pm »
So it's still OK to punch Nazis like we've been saying from the start as long as we don't also murder innocent civilians and police officers.

I'm glad that we can finally end this debate.

Even ignoring everything else wrong with this post, attacking right-wing extremists led to a wave of right-wing terrorism in Italy. What makes you think it won't happen again?

Besides, violence isn't the only way to deal with Nazis.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #5884 on: June 27, 2018, 08:02:48 am »
I just realized who Anal reminds me of. Deacon Vorbis.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5885 on: June 27, 2018, 11:40:22 am »
The deacon of an audio format that was obsolete the moment it was first released?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5886 on: June 27, 2018, 11:52:58 am »
Character from "Small Gods" by Terry Pratchett.

I read it in Finnish so I could get some of the titles wrong but he was basically the Grand Inquisitor (or actually Exquisitor or something) of a highly militant religion not entirely unlike Catholism during its worst times.

Vorbis is a character who is considered to be the obvious candidate for the next "Pope" (Prophet I think the title was) of the religion due to his devotion to the religion and his task of torturing unbelievers and heretics. Vorbis is a liar, a cruel sociopath who starts wars while pretending to be diplomatic and posing as a victim. ...He also lacks faith completely. He IS loyal to the cause of the religious organization but seems to utterly lack any faith in their god and merely goes with the rules for the sake of rules and to gain power for himself.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5887 on: June 27, 2018, 12:48:04 pm »

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #5888 on: June 27, 2018, 02:00:58 pm »

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #5889 on: June 27, 2018, 04:15:24 pm »
Character from "Small Gods" by Terry Pratchett.

I read it in Finnish so I could get some of the titles wrong but he was basically the Grand Inquisitor (or actually Exquisitor or something) of a highly militant religion not entirely unlike Catholism during its worst times.

Vorbis is a character who is considered to be the obvious candidate for the next "Pope" (Prophet I think the title was) of the religion due to his devotion to the religion and his task of torturing unbelievers and heretics. Vorbis is a liar, a cruel sociopath who starts wars while pretending to be diplomatic and posing as a victim. ...He also lacks faith completely. He IS loyal to the cause of the religious organization but seems to utterly lack any faith in their god and merely goes with the rules for the sake of rules and to gain power for himself.

The thing that came to my mind was Om's attempt at talking to Vorbis. The god saw his mind as steel ball that no attempt at communication penetrated.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5890 on: June 27, 2018, 05:30:13 pm »

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #5891 on: June 27, 2018, 06:56:57 pm »
Well put, Mr. Bors. Sometimes, complaining about a lack of decorum shows a huge lack of priorities.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5892 on: June 27, 2018, 07:11:56 pm »
Decorum and civility in US politics died at Charlottesville when a white-supremacist terrorist murdered Heather Hayer.

Its eulogy was Donald Trump saying that there were good people on both sides.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #5893 on: June 27, 2018, 09:19:30 pm »
Decorum and civility in US politics died at Charlottesville when a white-supremacist terrorist murdered Heather Hayer.

Actually, something recently came to my attention. A Redneck Revolt member named Dwayne Dixon has claimed - on video - that he waved a gun at Fields shortly before the death of Heather Heyer. I'm... honestly not sure what to make of this.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 12:27:11 am by Lana Reverse »

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #5894 on: June 27, 2018, 09:39:02 pm »

Actually, something recently came to my attention. A Redneck Revolt member named Dwayne Dixon admitted - on video - that he waved a gun at Fields shortly before the death of Heather Heyer. I'm... honestly not sure what to make of this.

Of course....
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?