Author Topic: Male DNA in women's brains. Could prevent Alzheimer  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
Male DNA in women's brains. Could prevent Alzheimer
« on: October 12, 2012, 08:10:36 am »
And, if that’s so, “what consequences does this have on how the brain functions — in other words, thinking and behaviour?” said neuroscientist Dr. Sandra Witelson, a professor in the department of psychiatry and behavioral neurosciences at the Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine at McMaster University in Hamilton.

Appearing in the latest edition of the journal, PLOS ONE, the study is the first to describe the presence of male “microchimerism” in women’s brains.

Microchimerism is the “intermingling” of small numbers of cells or portions of DNA in a person or animal from a genetically different individual.

In this case, the male DNA found in women’s brains most likely came from cells from a pregnancy with a baby boy.

But women can acquire male DNA without ever having a son. In women without boys, male DNA can come from sharing her mother’s womb with a male twin, from a non-irradiated blood transfusion and possibly even from an older sibling.

In all, 63 per cent of the women tested — 37 of 59 — harboured male DNA in multiple brain regions, and the cells appear to persist “across the human lifespan,” according to the researchers. The oldest woman in whom male DNA was detected in the brain was 94.

Although they’re relatively small in number, the biological effects of these “immigrant” cells could be significant, said senior author Dr. J. Lee Nelson, of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Centre. Chan, of the University of Alberta, conducted the research while working in Nelson’s lab.

The researchers found that women with Alzheimer’s disease had less male DNA than women without the disease.

http://www.canada.com/health/Male+found+first+time+female+brains/7304913/story.html

Obviously, women and sisters would have microchimerism from female family members, but it is harder to detect.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
Re: Male DNA in women's brains. Could prevent Alzheimer
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 01:35:23 pm »
I wish they would have linked the study in focus in the article. I wanted to see their methodology and sampling.
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*