Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387732 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #676 on: February 19, 2017, 09:26:23 pm »
They are.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/02/19/fox-news-anchor-chris-wallace-warns-viewers-trump-crossed-the-line-in-latest-attack-on-media/

Ironbite-oh they are.
Fucking Fox news is telling a sitting Republican president to lay off threatening the media.

What planet have I woken up on again?

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #677 on: February 19, 2017, 09:38:16 pm »
Don't worry, the rest of Fox news is pissed at him for telling Trump off for it.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

pyro

« Reply #678 on: February 20, 2017, 02:46:51 pm »
People don't usually feel remorse for saying what they think is the truth.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #679 on: February 20, 2017, 04:52:40 pm »
I'm pretty sure most of Fox News don't think it's the truth.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #680 on: February 21, 2017, 01:50:42 am »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/donald-trump-uk-us-crown-queen-1.3990696

Mr. Trump goes to London, and preceding him are protests, a debate over petitions on the matter in the House of Commons, a motion by a Conservative MP to sack to the Speaker of the House of Commons, and warnings that his visit could require having thousands of police officers on the streets.

EDIT:

Trump is far from the first controversial head of state to be received by the Queen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_state_visits_received_by_Queen_Elizabeth_II

Among controversial leaders preceding him:

Haile Salassie I of Ethiopia
President Francisco Craveiro Lopes of Portugal, the second President during Salazar's rule as Prime Minister
Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi of Iran, after Mossaddegh was kicked out by the CIA at MI6's behest
Various Kings of Saudi Arabia
President Nicolae Ceaucescu of Romania
President Suharto of Indonesia
President Hosni Mubarak of Egypt
President Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe
Various Presidents of China
President Vladimir Putin of Russia
President Park Geun-hye of South Korea
President Michael Higgins of Ireland
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 02:47:21 am by dpareja »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #681 on: February 22, 2017, 01:48:39 pm »
http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/2/21/1636419/-Yes-Trump-s-Aide-Really-Did-Throw-White-Power-Sign?detail=facebook

Is this just a coincidence or did mister "the president's powers will not be questioned" make a white power sign with his hands?

I mean on one hand having your hands like that could really be a coincedence, on the other hand... There was the "Lugenpresse" incident and the "hail trump" speech from Spencer and all those nazi salutes as well...

At what point are there too many white-power or Nazi symbols and terms for simple coincidence to be an acceptable answer?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #682 on: February 22, 2017, 02:08:25 pm »
On the other hand, the very same article goes on to say that linking your thumb and forefinger in a circle is racist because some internet frog does it. That quickly lost me a lot of trust in their knowledge about symbolism and the proper use of hand gestures, quite honestly.

EDIT:

This is the handsign the boiled fish is supposed to be making. I don't see it at all.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 02:15:30 pm by Eiki-mun »
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #683 on: February 22, 2017, 06:39:16 pm »
Snopes says it's false. I'm skeptical of the whole story. Could he be doing it? Maybe, is he adjusting his suit and the camera caught it at that awkward time? Probably more likely. I don't really like the man but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt when it's due.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #684 on: February 23, 2017, 07:00:56 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-HUbdEAxo8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-HUbdEAxo8</a>

There is no better clip of Alex Jones than the first one Colbert shows in this one...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #685 on: February 24, 2017, 07:41:54 am »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/02/23/bannon-trump-administration-is-in-unending-battle-for-deconstruction-of-the-administrative-state/?utm_term=.8f1f656d639a

If you look at these Cabinet nominees, they were selected for a reason, and that is deconstruction,” Bannon said. He posited that Trump’s announcement withdrawing from the Trans-Pacific Partnership was “one of the most pivotal moments in modern American history.”

Emphasis mine. If you think it was just a coincidence that the new head of EPA wants to disband the organization or that Devos is harming the public education in USA then you are mistaken. Bannon is doing what he said he would, dismantling the US government from within.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #686 on: February 24, 2017, 10:00:52 am »
And the GOP just goes with it not aware that they lose all power if they let Bannon's master plan go through.

Ironbite-boggles the question as to why though.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #687 on: February 24, 2017, 12:49:10 pm »
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/834157016755101696/video/1

Kentuckian to Mitch McConnell, after lambasting him over the need for affordable health insurance: "And if you can answer any of that, I'll sit down and shut up like Elizabeth Warren!"
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #688 on: February 24, 2017, 03:37:17 pm »
In an even bit of scarier news of our authoritarian take over. Spicer forbade CNN, The NY Times, Politico and Buzzfeed from entering the press briefing today.
http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/24/media/cnn-blocked-white-house-gaggle/index.html

This is like massively unconstitutional right? Is someone going to call them out on this?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #689 on: February 24, 2017, 03:46:26 pm »
Not massively unconstitutional.  Damn stupid.

They have no actual state run media to counter what those publications are about to unleash.  The media is a really powerful tool but the Trump Admin has no real friends in it.  Infowars and Briebart don't count because that reaches such a small base.  By doing this, and doing this so early, you tip your hand and get smacked down by more respectable media sources and have no counter.

Ironbite-this worked in 1930s Germany but won't work here in 2017 USA.