Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387043 times)

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #450 on: January 20, 2017, 10:13:13 pm »
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/44e19230a57a4833801488ad5c3ab326?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP_Politics

And the fact that this is the first fucking thing he did in office doesn't surprise me really says a lot about my expectations of Trump.
Who needs a signature?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #451 on: January 20, 2017, 10:27:08 pm »
Well, the health care thing is rather general and not very specific. Bad, yes, but not specific.

The specific first thing he did was the mentioned mortgage bit. Obama had ordered a 0.25-percentage-point rate cut for FHA-backed mortgages. (In concrete terms, this would have saved borrowers about $29/month on a $200,000 mortgage.) It's now been suspended over concerns about the amount of money the FHA has on hand.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #452 on: January 21, 2017, 03:13:06 pm »
Does anyone think that the Republicans actually have replacement plans for the aca? Cause it's going to be really shitty for everyone when premiums sky rocket because all of the young people leave the market because they won't want to buy insurance or can't afford it. I mean Republicans can't be this fucking stupid to not realize that it's going to hurt there re election chances if they really fuck this up. And hopefully dems aren't stupid enough to call them out on it.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #453 on: January 21, 2017, 05:46:45 pm »
Trump claims he had a million and a half people at his inauguration in a petty attempt to discredit a protest drawing at least two times the crowd he had. This is, quite obviously, a bold faced lie.
Who needs a signature?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #454 on: January 21, 2017, 05:59:53 pm »
Reality does not sit well with the Orange Piss Pot now does it?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #455 on: January 21, 2017, 06:15:30 pm »
Does it ever?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #456 on: January 21, 2017, 06:21:07 pm »
Trump claims he had a million and a half people at his inauguration in a petty attempt to discredit a protest drawing at least two times the crowd he had. This is, quite obviously, a bold faced lie.
Uh huh.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #457 on: January 21, 2017, 06:54:10 pm »
Once again photo and video evidence prove him wrong.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #458 on: January 21, 2017, 07:01:55 pm »
While the schadenfreude is amusing and I look forward to more of it in the next four years, it shouldn't be taken without pointing out that Trump making bold faced lies about and to the press and his Sean Spicer, his press secretary, making a blanket statement of "we're going to hold the press accountable" (direct quote, by the way) without any sort of context or explanation sets a dangerous and terrifying precedent for how the Trump administration is going to handle PR.
Who needs a signature?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #460 on: January 21, 2017, 07:26:40 pm »
The GOP never wanted Trump.  Oh sure the Fringe that has come to dominate the GOP did but the GOP leadership?  Nope.  Not a single one of them wanted him.  He's out of control and will never be brought to heel.  They'd rather have Pence in there but Pence doesn't win elections.  Trump does.  And when they do get what they want out of him and he's made himself such an ass, look to see an impeachment started and stick.  Probably around mid-terms.

Ironbite-so 2 years of this then the GOP throws Trump under the bus to get some form of moderates back.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #461 on: January 21, 2017, 07:37:25 pm »
I don't get it. Why would they gut everything and then blame trump for it? Shouldn't they be proud of all the bullshit they're going to do? It's like they know what they want to do will be extremely unpopular with the American people. So they need to put it on a fall guy.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #462 on: January 21, 2017, 08:03:14 pm »
I don't get it. Why would they gut everything and then blame trump for it? Shouldn't they be proud of all the bullshit they're going to do? It's like they know what they want to do will be extremely unpopular with the American people. So they need to put it on a fall guy.

Of course they know it's unpopular, but their corporate funders want it. (Or, at least, they want the tax cuts that they can get when they no longer have to fund that stuff.)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #463 on: January 21, 2017, 08:18:30 pm »
This is why.

pyro

« Reply #464 on: January 21, 2017, 09:54:16 pm »
I'm betting on eight years of Trump. The polls are worse than useless, and it's become cool to hate the law. Getting impeached will just make him more popular, though it might not get to the point where the people overthrow the government if they impeach Trump