Community > FQA Projects

The FQA Blog

(1/11) > >>

Sigmaleph:
So, to roughly restate what I said in that other thread, the way it will work is more or less as follows:

Anyone who wishes to submit an article, does so in this subforum first. It is proofread, checked that it will fit the theme of the site, and etc. and if found appropriate, uploaded to the blog. Users who have enough approved articles get direct access to the blog to post directly (though if you want to post here first for comments/proofreading, you are welcome to do so). When we have enough direct access bloggers, I step down and let them manage most of the matter themselves.

The subjects should initially be things related to religion, philosophy, science, scepticism and such. Whether we later expand to a more general culture thing can be decided, well, later.

There was some discussion on platforms, namely Tumblr vs. Wordpress. While there's no reason we can't have both, I side with those that think that the Wordpress format is a better fit.

Please continue further discussions on the matter here.

The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist:
As someone else suggested, Tumblr would be better as a mirror than the primary blog. Posting an excerpt (or screencap/video clip) followed by the link seems to be a pretty effective way of gaining exposure. A lot of other sites, notably Cracked, The Onion and TYT, use it that way.

As a main blog, however, Tumblr probably wouldn't suffice.

Edit: I registered http://frequentlyquestionedanswers.tumblr.com in case we decide to use it, to prevent anyone else from taking the name. I'll pass control of the blog along to whoever is chosen to run it (again, if a mirror is needed) or one of the mods, just figured it was best to grab the name while it was available.

Radiation:
Having a Tumblr is a good idea, but like Sigma I think Wordpress is probably better for a mainpage. Considering that most sites now have a number of links to various social media, would there also be a chance of having a Facebook link? I am not sure about Twitter as I don't see how it would be useful as of yet but perhaps down the road it can be added.

dpareja:

--- Quote from: Neverland on August 11, 2013, 07:07:18 pm ---Having a Tumblr is a good idea, but like Sigma I think Wordpress is probably better for a mainpage. Considering that most sites now have a number of links to various social media, would there also be a chance of having a Facebook link? I am not sure about Twitter as I don't see how it would be useful as of yet but perhaps down the road it can be added.

--- End quote ---

Nonetheless accounts on Twitter, Facebook and the like should be created as soon as possible, if only to prevent other people from taking them first.

JohnE:
Who's going to be doing the vetting & proofreading, to start?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version