Author Topic: Updated: Spain looking at possibly sueing US Govt over MegaUpload takedown  (Read 7838 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Updated: Spain looking at possibly sueing US Govt over MegaUpload takedown
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2012, 06:26:15 pm »
Apparently, joking and making humorous remarks about something that you know you can't stop means that you're automatically in league with them.  Because, you know, that's totally how society works.

Now, I'm not saying they weren't in league with the pirates... but that there isn't enough proof other than a lot of "allegedly" and something about the abuse tool being limited (Which I would think would be standard practice, in order to prevent the abuse tool from being abused, naturally) and a whole shit ton of he said she said bull shit.

There is not nearly enough evidence for this bullshit.  It's fishy as hell.

Someone else put it best - they should have, at most, seized the US servers and then prevented US access to MegaUpload.  At least it would've been easier to settle an intracountry dispute than an intercountry dispute.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2012, 08:19:52 am »
Here is the importance of backups. Good to know they can destroy evidence.

The FBI copied some data during its seizure, but left the bulk untouched. The government, after seizing MegaUpload’s assets, hasn’t stepped forward yet to assume the costs of keeping this data while the trail moves forward. It’s a reminder that criminal investigations haven’t caught up with the reality of today’s data centers. Remember that in June of last year, the FBI knocked dozens of innocent sites offline when it seized servers at a hosting facility in Reston, VA. Perhaps the big takeaway is that when it comes to policing the criminal use of data, there is a good chance of collateral damage.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2012, 05:23:19 am »
http://www.dewatv.com/2012/01/megaupload-owner-50-years-prison-kim.html

Dotcom, born Kim Schmitz, was arrested Friday at his luxurious mansion in Auckland, New Zealand. Dotcom and other Megaupload executives were charged with racketeering, money laundering, copyright infringement and more. If convicted, they could face up to 50 years in prison.
During the bail hearing on Monday, prosecutor Anne Toohey requested no bail as she believed Dotcom posed a flight risk.

Well this is infuriating.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet