Author Topic: Stay classy California  (Read 4378 times)

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
Re: Stay classy California
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2014, 04:20:28 pm »
My roomie suggested they paint the lawn.  There's companies that will do it, even in the proper shades of green, and blending as they go.  Problem solved.  Apparently lasts for a couple years.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2014, 07:01:20 pm »
I think the state should create a Contempt of Congress law where if any lower tier of government (or quasi-governmental entity such as an HOA) enacts any rules and regulations that are in defiance of state regulations all those who voted in favour  will have their scrotum or labia nailed to a nearby tree or other large relatively immobile wooden object. Anyone trying to enforce those regulations would face similar penalties.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2014, 07:18:34 pm »
I think the state should create a Contempt of Congress law where if any lower tier of government (or quasi-governmental entity such as an HOA) enacts any rules and regulations that are in defiance of state regulations all those who voted in favour  will have their scrotum or labia nailed to a nearby tree or other large relatively immobile wooden object. Anyone trying to enforce those regulations would face similar penalties.

Up here, where governments can ask reference questions of their Supreme Courts (at least the federal government and some provincial ones can, I can't recall if that can be done in every province), I've felt that barring from office any elected legislator who voted for a law found within a reasonable time frame to be unconstitutional would be highly beneficial. (It would also, however, create rather more work for the courts--they can't decline to hear a reference.)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2014, 07:58:27 pm »
Spuki in this case...state trumps city.

Ironbite-appeal to the state authority on water.

Five hundred bucks to the city, then!

No, that's not how "state trumps city" works. In "state trumps city", the state tells the city that its fine is invalid because a statewide water restriction overrules a smaller area's beautification laws.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.