Author Topic: Man killed by police brutality  (Read 4593 times)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: Man killed by police brutality
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2014, 12:44:26 am »
There is really no defending the idea of local police having armored personnel carriers, heavy machine guns, and military gear.

I think it is obvious by now that there is a culture of power abuse in the police.

They are cruising around, basically looking for a reason to use the military gear they have, and when you're so vastly distinct from the people you're trying to protect and the people you're trying to protect society from, it is obvious at least to me that these people would develop fascist tendencies.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2014, 11:46:05 pm »
There is really no defending the idea of local police having armored personnel carriers, heavy machine guns, and military gear.

I think it is obvious by now that there is a culture of power abuse in the police.

They are cruising around, basically looking for a reason to use the military gear they have, and when you're so vastly distinct from the people you're trying to protect and the people you're trying to protect society from, it is obvious at least to me that these people would develop fascist tendencies.

Just yesterday, I saw several police cruisers outside my window.  One of the officers had a rifle and cops were running back and forth up the streets.  In the past, I would have thought there was some mob war or something, but after hearing stories of cops shooting dogs and beating down people for showing the slightest resistance, I'm not sure anymore.

Still curious what the hell all these cops were doing in my quiet suburban neighborhood. 

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2014, 11:47:20 pm »
I think it's worth noting that, when properly used, SWAT teams can actually make people feel comfortable.

Take the aftermath of the Boston Bombing.  The police were about and it helped reassure people.  The policemen even helped families get milk when they were out of it, since they had to stay in their homes.

So there is a good reason for it, it's just that it gets used for bad reasons more often.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2014, 03:04:41 am »
http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/pjxlrn/highway-robbing-highway-patrolmen

Just when you thought the pigs couldn't sink any lower...
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.