Author Topic: Terrorist attack in Manchester  (Read 3641 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Terrorist attack in Manchester
« on: May 23, 2017, 12:05:01 am »
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/22/world/europe/manchester-concert-explosion.html?_r=0

18 dead, unknown amount if injured, no information on who was responsible of this.

The authorities suspect the blast came from either an abandoned backpack or a suicide bomber, a senior American intelligence official said. British officials said they were investigating reports that a suicide bomber detonated an improvised device containing nuts and bolts as shrapnel.

There was an ISIS call for more terrorism a week ago so that could have inspired this but at least so far no one has taken credit for it.

They aren't the only terrorist organization in the world and lone attackers exist too but I can't really think of any group other than ISIS that would currently target Britain in particular.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Terrorist attack in Manchester
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 12:06:04 am »
I've heard 19 dead and 50 injured.

And it was at an Ariana Grande concert... where the main demographic is teenagers.

Fuck.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 12:10:45 am »
Yeah, I found a Finnish article that had the same numbers as yours, NY times must have had older information.

British police say that they have identified a suspect who might have been the bomber.

EDIT: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/23/islamic-state-supporters-celebrate-manchester-attack-online/
ISIS is celebrating the attack and "hoping" that one of their members did it but there is no confirmation yet.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 01:24:40 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 03:31:02 am »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-manchester-40007967

22 dead, 59 injured. Some of the dead are young children. Police believe the perpetrator was a suicide bomber. Parties have suspended campaigning for the upcoming general election.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 02:26:30 pm »
I'm already seeing people who would happily throw away the rights of people who had nothing to do with that bombing just because of their own damned fear. I swear, it's like critical thinking is a dying artform...

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 02:46:41 pm »
T_D is alternating between being glad that it was an Anti-American artist whose fans got hurt, blaming Muslims and claiming that this was a false-flag attack created to make sure that THEIR theories about Seth Rich murder will not be on the news...

Because everything that happens has to be part of the globalist conspiracy that targets them specifically.

And in general lots of people are blaming Muslims and refugees. Because somehow saying that wanting to help the refugees who are fleeing war is the same as wanting to let terrorist specifically into the country.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 03:26:28 pm »
Ariana Grande.....ANIT-AMERICAN!?

Ironbite-THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!?

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 03:33:25 pm »

She said bad things about Trump. That's against the laws now. Or will be soon enough.

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 03:34:36 pm »
... I have nothing to say that wouldn't seem trite.

I feel for the families involved.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2017, 03:37:14 pm »

Don't you know? All celebrities are anti-American leftists who hate their country and want the Muslims to take over and Shariah law implemented.

Unless said celebrity is Ronald Reagan or Donald Trump. Then they're awesome red-blooded patriots.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 12:22:50 am »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/23/manchester-arena-attack-22-killed-suicide-bomber-ariana-grande/

Attacker named, was connected to ISIS. Milo is also in the same story because having a expat-Brit take advantage of 22 deaths just to make point for his Neo-Nazi politics is still a low blow.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 06:36:18 pm »
Bloody awful  :(.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2017, 04:26:54 am »

She said bad things about Trump. That's against the laws now. Or will be soon enough.

Didn't she go on some tirade in a donut shop about how America sucks?
I'm amazed at how shitty a person would have to be to say she deserved her concert bombed though, as mentioned by Askold above in the thread.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2017, 03:23:34 pm »
Know what the best thing about America is?  Free Speech.  Which means you can say whatever the fuck you want whenever the fuck you want.  Got it?

Ironbite-course you're not free from the consequences of your speech but them's the breaks.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2017, 09:02:49 pm »
The BBC is reporting another attack, this time it's on the London Bridge

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40146916