Author Topic: Texan Republicans confirm what we've long suspected about Cowboys  (Read 1489 times)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
That gawd-fearin homeskullin' don't make for the best grammarin'...

According to a supposedly disapproving plank in the platform, adopted for the state convention held in Dallas from 12 to 14 May, the party believes homosexuality “is a chosen behavior that is contrary to the fundamental unchanging truths that has been ordained by God in the Bible, recognized by our nations founders [sic], and shared by the majority of Texans”.

The founding fathers too? That makes those cosplaying loons at TEA party rallies so much more entertaining.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: Texan Republicans confirm what we've long suspected about Cowboys
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 08:51:59 pm »
It's cold out on the range Tol.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 05:24:27 pm »
That gawd-fearin homeskullin' don't make for the best grammarin'...

According to a supposedly disapproving plank in the platform, adopted for the state convention held in Dallas from 12 to 14 May, the party believes homosexuality “is a chosen behavior that is contrary to the fundamental unchanging truths that has been ordained by God in the Bible, recognized by our nations founders [sic], and shared by the majority of Texans”.

The founding fathers too? That makes those cosplaying loons at TEA party rallies so much more entertaining.

I think the part about the founding fathers is a reference to George Washington having a guy drummed out of the Continental Army for sodomy. That said, the founding fathers approved of slavery as well, and they acknowledged they weren't perfect (hence, why there's an amendment process to the Constitution), so "George Washington didn't like homosexuality" doesn't work as an argument here.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 06:46:53 pm »
Eh? I just thougjt it was all an unintentionally funny grammatical faux pas, or are you being faux serious? It's too early in the morning for me to tell.