Author Topic: C Plus Equality, the parody programming language  (Read 3917 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: C Plus Equality, the parody programming language
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2013, 08:29:46 pm »
Besides, I thought it to be more a parody of extreme feminism, and not just regular, garden-variety feminism.

The problem I have is with the large amount of dudebros on the internet who refuse to believe there's a difference :/

Shouldn't our attentions, then, be directed towards them, the actual problem, rather than something that is, at most, tangentially related?

That's the thing... this "feminist programming language" feels like it was made by those dudebros :/

Aah, I see.  Though, I didn't personally see that in what I read, myself...but, I've already given my perceptions on the matter.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2013, 09:26:57 pm »
So 4chan decides to engage in some jolly hijinks and develop C+=
Relying on 4chan specifically /pol/ for accurate, critical assessment is foolish when they seek only lulz and drama.
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2013, 09:50:49 pm »
That's the thing... this "feminist programming language" feels like it was made by those dudebros :/

I don't care if dudebros made it, this shit is hilarious. Sometimes social justice needs to be made fun of; you guys take it way too seriously.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2013, 11:59:00 pm »

I don't care if dudebros made it, this shit is hilarious. Sometimes social justice needs to be made fun of; you guys take it way too seriously.

Oh yeah, equality is just a joke, right.  We uppity minorities should just sit still and beg for scraps from the rich white males, is that right?  Because trying to get equality means pandering to them, after all.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Murdin

• Bishop
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2013, 06:53:02 pm »

Again, some of us do not find that shit to be hilarious, or about social justice for that matter. Also, when you use humor in order to deliver a political message, that message doesn't become immune to scrutinity.

Relying on 4chan specifically /pol/ for accurate, critical assessment is foolish when they seek only lulz and drama.

That's a rather idyllic vision of the typical 4channer. Encyclopedia Dramatica's purported equal-opportunity offensiveness is very much the result of a group effort and hides quite a lot of genuinely hostile opinions.

I don't think C+= was offensive just to be offensive. Actually, I don't think it was intended to be offensive at all. There aren't any telling sign of self-awareness or third-degree humor in the transphobic, rape-trivializing, and generally ignorant parts. It's pretty fair to assume that at least some of the authors of this piece actually think that feminism is a kind of post-modern misandry, that consent really isn't that big of a deal, or that sex (let alone gender) is a matter of two possible values that are clear-cut, immutable, mutually exclusive and collectively exhaustive.

This is true, but I was more referring to the people calling for its removal, or more accurately, censorship.  It might be in poor taste, but no one's got a right to censor things that offend one's sense of taste.

GitHub is a private business. They have every right to control the type of content they host, in whichever way they choose.

Now, you could argue that this was a dick move that speaks poorly on the site's inclusiveness, independance and political neutrality. And you would have a point, if that website was purported to be any sort of public tribune like Reddit or Tumblr or WordPress or whatever. GitHub is a repository hosting service.