Author Topic: Woman murdered. Possible reason: she walked into a picture  (Read 1267 times)

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
Woman murdered. Possible reason: she walked into a picture
« on: January 26, 2014, 04:58:43 am »
Big story in SoCa (besides the lack of rain). A Vietnamese woman was assaulted in front of a nightclub and left brain dead. She was taken off life support. There was from 3 to 5 suspects, 3 woman and 2 men. 2 arrest has been made, but the shock and community damage has been done.

Details of what exactly occurred that night have remained murky. Police said Pham and a group of friends were entering The Crosby restaurant and nightclub as a group of five people were leaving.
As they crossed paths, there was some sort of physical contact that led to an argument and later a fight, Rojas said.
"Three people at various times, depending on what video you look at, were involved physically with Ms. Pham," Rojas said. "While there was a physical altercation, we don't know what precipitated it."
One of Pham's friends, who was not at the nightclub, said the argument may have started after she accidentally walked into a group while a photo was being taken.

If that is true, wow what a stupid reason. I know that people has committed murder for much less, but still ruin your life and be branded a killer just because you didn't get that instagram post? Was it worth it? It's hard for me to believe a photo was worth killing for.

There are also some ethnic dynamic here because Vietnamese are relatively new to Santa Ana and have clashed with its predominately Latino population. The mayor and police said it was not a hate crime, but his statement is seen as reason for distrust among the Viet American community. Whether or not it was a hate crime (and from the facts thus far, I think it was a crime of stupidity personally), the racial aspect has already arrived and will need to be addressed. Already investigation has been hampered because the older Viet community doesn't trust the local government to be fair to them.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Kain

• God
  • The Alkaline one
Re: Woman murdered. Possible reason: she walked into a picture
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 05:14:09 am »
Damn it, all that over a goddamn selfie.
In paranoia I find genius / But the ice-dreams have come
with spiritless consequence / A hatchet has been hidden
between my eyes / A hatchet gift-wrapped in paranoia / A
wooden heart never bleeds / A wooden heart never bleeds,
yet inextricable thoughts still weave / Introspection
fabricated for battle / No time has been wasted
/ Neuroleptic seconds marry electroconvulsive hours / In
the cranial freezer, paranoia is the bastard and I
find genius Petrify / Paralyze