Author Topic: Google facing multiple lawsuits  (Read 49437 times)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: Google facing multiple lawsuits
« Reply #330 on: March 07, 2018, 03:58:21 pm »
Not one of those was a drop kick. It's not fucking hard to punt it through. Besides which there's no cross bar you have to clear and you still get a point for missing.
That's because in proper footy if you gently place the ball on the ground in preparation for your shot someone will take it off you.

It's called a "competition!"

Ooh, arguing about antipodean sporty stuff makes alt right threads less alt righty. Note to self.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 04:00:48 pm by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #331 on: March 07, 2018, 04:48:16 pm »
C'mon you bounce the ball all the time, mainly because you can't catch it.

We could talk about how shit gridiron is but that would probably bring back the alt right taint

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #332 on: March 07, 2018, 05:25:14 pm »
C'mon you bounce the ball all the time, mainly because you can't catch it.

We could talk about how shit gridiron is but that would probably bring back the alt right taint

American gridiron is the really shitty version, because they need the shorter field, the extra down, and the smaller *cough* ball.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #333 on: March 07, 2018, 07:17:50 pm »
American Padded Rugby is utter crap.  Of course, most organized sports are, but that's what happens when you institutionalize repeated blows to the head.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #334 on: March 08, 2018, 12:02:12 am »
Is there any data on that ? Are gridorn players more likely to be concussed than rugby players? I suspect the helmets give them a false sense of security.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #335 on: March 08, 2018, 04:41:14 am »
Is there any data on that ? Are gridorn players more likely to be concussed than rugby players? I suspect the helmets give them a false sense of security.
Well, seeing as their head injuries go down 30% if they train without helmets it seems like there might be some truth to that: https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/head-injuries-reduced-by-30-american-football-when-players-train-without-helmets-1536563

Players that train without helmets mould to a new tackling style designed to protect their head, which they carry on using during official matches – even with the safety blanket of a helmet.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #336 on: March 08, 2018, 06:12:10 am »
Yeah. No helmet is going to stop your brain from violently sloshing around inside your brain case and getting damaged when it violently hits the skull. A helmet just enables you to damage your brain more comfortably since it protects the surface structures that feel pain but doesn't do much about the force from the impact damaging the brain inside your skull. This goes to show how important a protective mechanism pain is for our health.