Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387181 times)

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #2220 on: April 16, 2018, 08:52:02 pm »
I can't believe Sean Hannity's real name is David Dennison.

Real talk, this is making me so excited. Keep the hits coming! This is better than any TV show!
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #2221 on: April 17, 2018, 12:51:09 am »
I wonder what it is Hannity is hiding.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2222 on: April 17, 2018, 04:08:22 am »
I wonder what it is Hannity is hiding.

Well, we already know that he was hiding that Cohen was his lawyer. Which by itself is bad because Hannity has been talking about news concerning Cohen without disclosing his connection to him. This is a severe ethical violation.

...But the fun part is that unless he was just being shady for the sake of being shady there must be something worse behind this.

Did Cohen pay off some mistresses or prostitutes to keep their mouths shut about Hannity? Well, that's a personal issue between Hannity and his wife and the least bad scenario for him.

Did Cohen act as a go-between for Trump and Hannity? That could be another ethical breach if Hannity has been doing PR work for Trump administration while getting paid to do so (while we've just been thinking that he defends Trump and spouts Set Rich conspiracies simply because he supports Trump) and maybe it's even illegal, not sure about the laws in USA concerning these kinds of matters.

All we know is that IF something illegal happened, the evidence is now in FBI hands and Hannity is in trouble. If on the other hand this was merely ethically questionable and not illegal then he could have avoided all of this by mentioning early on "BTW, Mr. Cohen is also MY lawyer, but now back to this story about how FBI is unlawfully harassing the president's lawyer."

It's just that it seems silly to me if the bigger scandal is that Hannity didn't reveal his connection while trying to discredit the investigation rather than what the investigation actually can uncover about him...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2223 on: April 24, 2018, 04:47:30 am »
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/04/trump-uses-personal-cell-phone-can-call-outside-advisers-without-john-kelly-knowing-report/

CNN reported Monday that according to sources inside the Trump administration, the president is using his personal cell phone and not the White House switchboard because “he doesn’t want Kelly to know who he’s talking to.”

Early in Kelly’s tenure as chief of staff, it was common practice for him to either listen in on Trump’s calls using the White House phone or to check the printout of the president’s phone use. Amid reports of growing tensions between the two men, in which the president has aimed to circumvent his chief of staff, Kelly has been increasingly left out of the loop.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!

I am certain that the same people who still want Clinton crucified for using a private Email server are equally angry at Trump doing something like this.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2224 on: April 24, 2018, 09:04:45 am »
Now, Donnie, why would you be so paranoid?  I mean, come on, it ain't like you got anything to hide, now do ya?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2225 on: April 24, 2018, 03:43:12 pm »
Kelley's gonna find out one way or the other.

Ironbite-the man isn't stupid.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2226 on: April 26, 2018, 03:11:13 pm »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/mike-pompeo-confirmed-secretary-of-state-senate-vote-1.4636716

Mike Pompeo, who thinks the Iran nuclear deal should be blown up (or at least "fixed") and thinks Edward Snowden should be killed, has been confirmed by the Senate to be US Secretary of State, 57-42.

He was advanced out of committee, 11-10, after Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY), who had harshly criticized him in hearings, voted to advance him.

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=115&session=2&vote=00084

No Republican Senator voted against Pompeo (though Sen. McCain (R-AZ) did not vote). In addition, Democratic Sens. Donnelly (D-IN), Heitkamp (D-ND), Jones (D-AL), Manchin (D-WV), McCaskill (D-MO), and Nelson (D-FL), along with Independent Sen. King (I-ME), voted to confirm Pompeo.

His former deputy at the CIA, Gina Haspel, who may be facing EU-wide arrest if prosecutors in Germany receive a warrant, has been nominated as his replacement as CIA Director.

EDIT: Seen from a conservative nut on another forum as the entirety of his comment: "Good."
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 04:14:11 pm by dpareja »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2227 on: April 26, 2018, 05:31:07 pm »
Don't look too harshly at this.  Most people are thinking he won't really last as long as Tillerson did.  And even if he does, a Democratic Congress will be the first to successfully impeach Trump and Peance has to fill his own cabinet.

Ironbite-also 5 of the 7 Democrats are living in Trump landslide states and are trying to limit campaign damage.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2228 on: April 26, 2018, 05:52:39 pm »
Don't look too harshly at this.  Most people are thinking he won't really last as long as Tillerson did.  And even if he does, a Democratic Congress will be the first to successfully impeach Trump and Peance has to fill his own cabinet.

Ironbite-also 5 of the 7 Democrats are living in Trump landslide states and are trying to limit campaign damage.

Except that Trump is sinking in popularity even in those states. Voting against his picks and campaigning on how Trump broke his promises (get out of war, drain the swamp) and you're holding him to those promises has, I think, a better chance of being successful than voting with Trump.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #2229 on: April 26, 2018, 05:54:32 pm »

Except that Trump is sinking in popularity even in those states. Voting against his picks and campaigning on how Trump broke his promises (get out of war, drain the swamp) and you're holding him to those promises has, I think, a better chance of being successful than voting with Trump.

I wonder if skepticism of the polls is playing a part. Remember how many predicted a Clinton landslide?
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2230 on: April 26, 2018, 06:22:06 pm »

I wonder if skepticism of the polls is playing a part. Remember how many predicted a Clinton landslide?

The results there were within the margin of error.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #2231 on: April 26, 2018, 07:18:41 pm »

This. FiveThirtyEight had Trump at a 25% chance of winning. That's the same percentage as rolling a D4 and coming up with a 1.

Trump supporters have a very predictable relationship with polls. Remember when the Rasmussen poll had Trump at 51% approval? Well, they were championing it as "proof" that Trump was actually popular, despite every other major poll having him at 45%, at best, with the FiveThirtyEight aggregate putting him at 40.1%. When a poll says something they like, then the poll is true. When a poll says something they don't like, well, let's just say that if I had a dollar for every time I saw a Trump supporter say something along the lines of "those same polls said Hillary was guaranteed to win," I could buy a video card in the current Bitcoin destroyed market.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #2232 on: April 26, 2018, 08:28:12 pm »

This. FiveThirtyEight had Trump at a 25% chance of winning. That's the same percentage as rolling a D4 and coming up with a 1.

Trump supporters have a very predictable relationship with polls. Remember when the Rasmussen poll had Trump at 51% approval? Well, they were championing it as "proof" that Trump was actually popular, despite every other major poll having him at 45%, at best, with the FiveThirtyEight aggregate putting him at 40.1%. When a poll says something they like, then the poll is true. When a poll says something they don't like, well, let's just say that if I had a dollar for every time I saw a Trump supporter say something along the lines of "those same polls said Hillary was guaranteed to win," I could buy a video card in the current Bitcoin destroyed market.

And even a 51% approval rating is hardly worth bragging about. Certainly not enough to call somebody "popular."
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2233 on: April 26, 2018, 08:28:19 pm »
It ain't BitCoin destroying GPUs, anymore.  Now, its machine learning!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2234 on: May 02, 2018, 06:39:35 pm »
I'm getting nervous about the mid terms. 538 has Trumps popularity going up. He's still only at 41 percent, but its been increasing at a steady pace since January.
Are people actually liking Trump now or are they just getting more desensitized to him being president? Like the initial shock is over?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t