Author Topic: Checking In, Donation Request and Transparency Report  (Read 1474 times)

Offline Kradorex Xeron

• Technical Consultant
  • Administrator
  • Bishop
  • Digitally Original
    • Personal Site
Checking In, Donation Request and Transparency Report
« on: May 12, 2016, 02:48:49 pm »
Hello everyone,

I just thought I'd check in to see how things are going, so if there's any issues with the forum software misbehaving on an ongoing basis aside from what's in the Bug Reports forum (which I'm monitoring) feel free to post them in this thread and I'll see to it that they're addressed quickly or at least an investigation launched. You can even make note of little things that ordinarily you wouldn't create a Bug Report thread about.

Moving onto the next item in the agenda; as many of you already know, Digibase is the organization that provides hosting to this community, we provide this hosting under our "For the Public Good" mandate protected by various anti-spam systems that we deply. As a small not-for-profit organization, we rely upon donations to keep our organization online and servicing you and others. We don't subscribe to imposing advertisements nor do we sell user information as both are highly unethical given current industry practices surrounding both.

As such, I'd like to take a moment to ask everyone who can to donate to us, you can donate via paypal to kxeron@digibase.ca or using the button on the left hand side of our website: http://digibase.ca. Our goal this month is $225 CAD (Canadian dollar) or roughly $176 USD. We can accept regular credit card donations via the button on our site and you don't need to donate in CAD, we can convert between currencies no problem.

To give a rough overview of our expenses as a matter of transparency so you know where your donations are going:
Facilities: $0.00 — This space is provided by myself personally.
Equipment and Infrastructure: $0.00 — We own our network, its equipment and systems and have no outstanding debts.
Power: $112.96 CAD — This is covered on an ongoing basis.
Phone: $56.44 CAD — This is covered on an ongoing basis.
Network Connectivity: $214.64 CAD — This is our main expense that we ask for donations for.

The reason we say "225.00" is that it takes care of any fees and whatnot that may over time unbalance our books, providing a comfortable padding.

That said, again, we would gladly keep our arms open to any donations you may be able to do.

Thank you and Securely,
— Kradorex Xeron,
Executive Director
Digibase Operations
~Krad Xeron

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Checking In, Donation Request and Transparency Report
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 08:10:18 pm »
Sent 10 US. Sorry so little, waiting on slow-to-pay clients this month :(
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.