Author Topic: Bachmann's America  (Read 32803 times)

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
Re: Bachmann's America
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2012, 01:44:22 am »
I finally forced myself to finish the damn thing. I... I still can't describe how I feel... my stomach is twisting, my heart is aching, and the urge to cry is irresistible.

Why can't they just leave us alone?

Because humans are bastards. We're hardwired to be assholes to anyone not like us. There's a reason I like dogs more than most humans, they don't care who you are. Male or female, straight or gay, tall or short, young or old, Gandhi or Hitler, they will love you regardless.

There's even a TV Tropes page pointing out just how much humans are bastards, although they exclude RL examples to avoid flame wars.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2012, 03:08:16 am »
Actually, a good deal of perfectly usable blood will be lost. But otherwise, yeah.

It's probably acid.

It was the most depressing sentence of the article by far, the reason that the story is so far removed from all of the other fucked up stories about teen suicide, living in its own category of horrifying first-hand accounts, and it's a sentence that is never going to leave my mind.

Oh, that was FAR from the only phrase that was like that in this article.

Why can't they just leave us alone?

Honestly, same reason the kids are killing themselves. The fact that the authority figures have created this mess causes kids to internalize it as "gay is bad." For the kids who are or are perceived of as being gay, this means they feel worthless & depressed. For the kids doing the abusing, it makes them feel justified in what they are doing.

There are other factors, & that hardly absolves them, but seriously, fuck Michelle Bachman & Barb Anderson. What arguably pisses me off the most is that the lawsuit is only designed to get monetary compensation & change the system, because that's all they can do. But, if you ask me, some of these--people--are getting away with murder.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2012, 04:03:07 am »
Their response to the wave of suicides... After claiming there was no link to bullying, that is.

Just to be on the safe side, however, the district held PowerPoint presentations in a handful of schools to train teachers how to defend gay students from harassment while also remaining neutral on homosexuality. One slide instructed teachers that if they hear gay slurs – say, the word "fag" – the best response is a tepid "That language is unacceptable in this school." ("If a more authoritative response is needed," the slide added, the teacher could continue with the stilted, almost apologetic explanation, "In this school we are required to welcome all people and to make them feel safe.") But teachers were, of course, reminded to never show "personal support for GLBT people" in the classroom.

AAAAARGH! VOI JEESUKSEN PERSEEN VISVASYYLÄ! Why didn't the computers melt when they typed that?! JUMALAUTA! Is that the best they can do?! SAATANAN KUSIPÄÄT!

That article was horrifying and it just kept getting worse page after page. Even after they were forced to change their policy they still didn't learn, they just came up with a new name and slightly watered down rules. And even that made people complain about "gay activists getting it all." PERKELE!

ATTACHMENT: THE NEW POLICY
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline StallChaser

• Pope
  • (Haseen on the old board)
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2012, 05:08:57 am »
There are other factors, & that hardly absolves them, but seriously, fuck Michelle Bachman & Barb Anderson. What arguably pisses me off the most is that the lawsuit is only designed to get monetary compensation & change the system, because that's all they can do. But, if you ask me, some of these--people--are getting away with murder.

It should be no less than wrongful death lawsuits against the fundies on the school board and any positively identified bullies (and their parents).

QueenofHearts

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2012, 05:55:52 am »
I lost it several times - first when Justin took the plunge because....well, I knew it was coming but I wanted to hope he'd end up being one of the lucky ones...his mom and my mom share a name... I lost it again when his kid brother almost killed himself "to be with big bro again" and the story at the end reminded me of something I read in a child development text about a boy "wanting to be the kind of son his parents would love, to have friends, and to not be sad all the time

This part churned my stomach and brought me to tears. Even 8 hours after reading it when I was at work, I remembered that line and had to find a place to sneak off to so I could regain my composure  :'( :'(

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2012, 06:44:35 am »
askold's so upset he's devolved into speaking Finnish.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline TenfoldMaquette

• Pope
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2012, 07:45:14 am »
I say we hurl all of the people responsible for this monstrosity into the sun. What a bunch of poisonous, despicable bastards. That these people can live with themselves after witnessing the end result of their actions - and that they have the bold-faced temerity to try and distance themselves from taking responsibility - is horrific. They're paying for the indulgence of their own ignorance with the lives of little kids, and they have the gall to whine about it?!

Fuck this, and fuck them.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2012, 01:23:54 pm »

devolved?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

deadpandoubter

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2012, 01:59:17 pm »
I lost it several times - first when Justin took the plunge because....well, I knew it was coming but I wanted to hope he'd end up being one of the lucky ones...his mom and my mom share a name... I lost it again when his kid brother almost killed himself "to be with big bro again" and the story at the end reminded me of something I read in a child development text about a boy "wanting to be the kind of son his parents would love, to have friends, and to not be sad all the time"

If I ever meet Bachmann, or ANY of the worthless trash responsible on the street - the results will not be televised (jaw ripping at a minimum, beating them with their broken jaw is likely). Like I said in the IRC - not even an angry dimension will cover this one - you need to create an entire new iteration of reality and step inside it.

...well, you know, Samson did beat the shit out of hundreds of Palestinians with the jawbone of an ass. I'm sure you can do the same to these fuckheads. >.>

Offline Jodie

• Cyborg Wannabe
  • Pope
  • WTF???
    • Doodles and stuff
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2012, 02:11:30 pm »
Fuck Bachmann and her Terror State. Seriously, just fuck them.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Corinthians 13: 4-7

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2012, 03:37:15 pm »

devolved?

Yes. I may be using an outdated definition tho and couldn't grasp the current term. I did not mean it in a negative manner. I am having trouble with words right now. :C

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2012, 04:17:03 pm »

devolved?

Yes. I may be using an outdated definition tho and couldn't grasp the current term. I did not mean it in a negative manner. I am having trouble with words right now. :C

No no, I was making a funny because I dislike English despite it being my primary language :V

It wasn't meant as a thing against you.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2012, 04:40:02 pm »
Fairy Nuff.

&

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2012, 04:57:25 pm »

devolved?

No no, I was making a funny because I dislike English despite it being my primary language :V

It wasn't meant as a thing against you.

But but English! What other languages can you use the word "fuck" as an infix! :P
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2012, 06:16:38 pm »
I'm waiting for someone to try to tell me that all of these people were actually from some other town/state/country & just moved there recently. It seems to be every Fundie's defense of persecution.