Author Topic: The Science Guy vs. The Creation Guy  (Read 11226 times)

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
Re: The Science Guy vs. The Creation Guy
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2014, 04:18:56 pm »
So did anyone end up watching it? I still think it was completely stupid for Nye to debate this guy. But one of the worst things to come out of it was this:

People holding signs that say stupid things and smiling about it

Get ready for the face palms.

Some of them are sketchy, but I'm convinced that this guy is trollin'. Look at that smile. He knows what he's doing.

I thought that about several of them, particularly that one, the aforementioned sunset question, and the one about science by definition being a theory. 

But if they aren't trolling and truly think these questions have merit, there is no amount of debate or proof that will ever sway them or cause them to change their mind. 
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2014, 07:53:34 pm »
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2014, 12:45:40 am »
Me: So, what do you think of the Bill Nye vs Ken Ham debate a couple days ago?

Conservatoons: Did not watch.  Knew is took place but missed.   I think Nye is a Warmer so he is not my favorite.

Me: But the debate was on creationism vs evolution, I don't think global warming doesn't strongly tie to that.

Conservatoons: It was.   But if you are a "science guy" and think Al Gore and govt can control weather, then you loose pts w/ me.
This guy seems to like to change the subject a lot, but then again, he said he didn't watch it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 12:48:10 am by KZN02 »
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2014, 10:19:06 am »
There's also the fact that he's apparently a tad touched in the head.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2014, 11:48:38 am »
Nye is a Warner?  Huh?  I thought there was just Yakko, Wakko, and Dot....

Edit: Yeah I know "Warmer" but it sounded like... meh, forget it.  That joke sucked anyway.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 02:05:38 pm by The Doctor »

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2014, 02:02:21 pm »

To be fair, evidence should have an asterisk next to it.  The asterisk should lead to a footnote that reads "heavily scrutinized and verified evidence."   What I mean by that is that there's been plenty of so called "evidence" that's been proven to be a hoax.

Of course, a creationist might look at such evidence getting such rigor and say "See!  You guys won't accept anything that doesn't fit your worldview!"
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2014, 02:15:21 pm »
Ensuring you're doing it right is a thing of the devil, we all know this.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2014, 05:55:00 pm »
Liberal Logic "fact-checking" Bill Nye, and they cite a creationist.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2014, 09:25:24 pm »
The example they give of a fossil out of place is of mammals in the same layers as dinosaurs. *facepalm* That's because there were mammals at the same time as dinosaurs. I read about mammals in the age of dinosaurs when I was a kid.

And they call Nye ignorant. ::)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2014, 10:14:07 pm »
Because they confuse "mammals" with "humans."  Because, clearly, if something isn't a human, its...I dunno, a reptile or a spider or something.  I dunno, I gave up trying to understand this shit a long time ago.  I got better shit to do with my time.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2014, 02:09:59 am »
The example they give of a fossil out of place is of mammals in the same layers as dinosaurs. *facepalm* That's because there were mammals at the same time as dinosaurs. I read about mammals in the age of dinosaurs when I was a kid.

The dinosaurs were probably the ones that drove the evolution from a basil synapsids to mammals forcing their synapsid cousins to occupy niches that were suitable for mammalian adaptation. Or do they really think "evolutionists" believes mammal just magically appear after the K-Pg extinction event?
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2014, 09:45:13 am »

The dinosaurs were probably the ones that drove the evolution from a basil synapsids to mammals forcing their synapsid cousins to occupy niches that were suitable for mammalian adaptation. Or do they really think "evolutionists" believes mammal just magically appear after the K-Pg extinction event?

The unfortunate, but likely, answer to your query is "yes."

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2014, 10:31:35 am »
From the comment section below the Liberal Logic blog post;

DarthProphet > Andrew Follett 
• 12 hours ago
 −

⚑ 
Erik doesn't know squat , if he did he would know that the only completely surveyed site being the bitter root and sawtooth ranges show huge problems with how the layers where laid down they also show no tree of life the show completely mixed rock formations and fossils of the supposed same era across what are assumed millions of millions of years. Here's the part that atheist and evolutionists run into big problems the actual fossil record all points to its creation caused by a world wide flood. That's why 5 hey lean on the lead content as a way of aging which I and of its self has huge problems being that the layers start with light and corse to dense and hard . Just which layers do you think would hold the most lead the porous light material on top or the dense less porous on Botto ? Let's talk about the do e cliffs, this is the best exam of 5 he layers over millions on millions of years. The do en cliffs are made from microscopic crustaceans, there are many such sites around the world that are 100's of Sq miles and 1000's feet thick. Now 1 just how huge of dead flesh would you need to cause such a bloom and how would such a source be maintained over millions and millions of years, along with that over the millions of years they say it took to create such layers where is the other debris from volcanos to wind sept dust, how does such land shapes go without any other layer material?. Listen folks I'm not saying g your stupid what I am saying g is you just don't suspect, which means you are gullible. Look around you get a Clue .

△  1 ▽   

Share ›
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DarthProphet > DarthProphet 
• 12 hours ago

Phone posting can sucks but people of intellegance get my points

△   ▽   

Sorry, DerpProphet, but you're not gonna get away with blaming whargarble on autocorrect!
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2014, 09:18:21 pm »
Looks like Bill Nye may have accidentally helped Ken Ham, and I doubt many of us could have foreseen this.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2014, 10:11:00 pm »
Looks like Bill Nye may have accidentally helped Ken Ham, and I doubt many of us could have foreseen this.

professor Dawkins saw it coming. He advised Nye not to take part, told him that it would only help Ham, and as much as I respect Nye, and as much as I liked seeing Ham get humiliated, I also thought this sort of thing would happen.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!