Author Topic: Creationist Rape Apologetics with John Mackay.  (Read 10297 times)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
Re: Creationist Rape Apologetics with John Mackay.
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2014, 08:07:53 am »
What is it with fundies and rape? It's as if you're not a real fundie if you haven't advocated rape/domestic abuse at least once. At this point, I've heard so much of their crap that I fear I'm becoming desensitized to this evil.

Because it's something that can be done to control women.  Think about how most, and I do mean most, rape victims act after a rape.  Scared, confused, shattered.  You can take a super-strong, independent woman who don't need no man and break her down to a scared fawn of a woman and then swoop in to be her protector, her controller, her savior.  That's a power trip.

Ironbite-and a lot of fundies get off on power trips.
Excuse me, but would you mind not perpetuating the idea of rape victims all being weak and helpless, it's kinda offensive in the since it infantilizes victims of rape victims. Rape doesn't define someone.

.....I'm sorry but the fuck did you say to me barely a meal?

Ironbite-or is your pea brain-cell not contemplating what I posted?
I probably should have phrased that better.

I meant rape victims tend to still be able to function phycologically in the long run much the same way a soldier who witnessed some wartime atrocity would, and don't become submissive as you described.

I don't know what you though I meant.
Before this spirals out of control, the way I read the "infantilising" statement was as a description of a fantasy. Yeah, the bit about how "most" women become scared broken little fawns that need Daddy to make it better is either overgeneralising or flat-out inaccurate, but the rest seems like a pretty apt answer to the question asked.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2014, 08:48:09 am »
What is it with fundies and rape? It's as if you're not a real fundie if you haven't advocated rape/domestic abuse at least once. At this point, I've heard so much of their crap that I fear I'm becoming desensitized to this evil.

Because it's something that can be done to control women.  Think about how most, and I do mean most, rape victims act after a rape.  Scared, confused, shattered.  You can take a super-strong, independent woman who don't need no man and break her down to a scared fawn of a woman and then swoop in to be her protector, her controller, her savior.  That's a power trip.

Excuse me, but would you mind not perpetuating the idea of rape victims all being weak and helpless, it's kinda offensive in the since it infantilizes victims of rape victims. Rape doesn't define someone.

I probably should have phrased that better.

I meant rape victims tend to still be able to function phycologically in the long run much the same way a soldier who witnessed some wartime atrocity would, and don't become submissive as you described.

I don't know what you though I meant.
Before this spirals out of control, the way I read the "infantilising" statement was as a description of a fantasy. Yeah, the bit about how "most" women become scared broken little fawns that need Daddy to make it better is either overgeneralising or flat-out inaccurate, but the rest seems like a pretty apt answer to the question asked.
Totes, most fundies think of women as pets at best and that abuse and rape are simply a natural way of keeping them in line.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2014, 02:19:52 pm »

I think he was describing the general assumption, not the reality. Of course, the reality varies. Queen Boudicca & her daughters responded by becoming brave, fearless & mighty furies and valiantly fought back.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2014, 03:37:38 pm »

I think he was describing the general assumption, not the reality. Of course, the reality varies.
Ah

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2014, 12:46:34 am »

a) No flaming outside Flame and Burn.
b) I have no idea what Ironbite tried to write, apart from the insults.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2014, 10:51:42 pm »

To translate from 'eloquent Ibby' speak, "you'd better rethink what you just stated, since I'm generally accurate about my statements.  Do you really want to be a moron about this?"
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2014, 10:58:48 pm »
^That.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2014, 11:03:39 pm »
Happy to be of service, m'lord.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2014, 11:20:02 pm »
*shoots any fedoras you might be wearing*

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2014, 12:53:13 am »
Nah, no fedora here.  I do want a trilby someday though.

Formerly Priestling

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2014, 01:05:06 am »

To translate from 'eloquent Ibby' speak, "you'd better rethink what you just stated, since I'm generally accurate about my statements.  Do you really want to be a moron about this?"
Wow, great argument!
Truly convinced me that all rape victims are infantile children!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 01:09:01 am by I am lizard »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2014, 01:17:52 am »

Still, it's flaming outside of flame and burn, and Ironbite is expected to behave himself.  Can't give him any special treatment compared to us other forum members, after all.

Also I'm fairly certain this is one of those times where lizard was right and Ironbite was, quite frankly, in the wrong.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 01:23:36 am by Magus Silveresti »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet