Author Topic: Feeling Jealous of the US' Spying Program?  (Read 2848 times)

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
Feeling Jealous of the US' Spying Program?
« on: September 23, 2013, 10:01:21 am »
No problem! If you're a Romani in Sweden, you and your children can also be put under special surveillance! No former criminal record necessary!

Why do some liberals hold up Sweden as an example of a perfect non-racist haven again?
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Feeling Jealous of the US' Spying Program?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 10:05:40 am »
They put you on that list only if you are a roma...

And they do have a law specifically against making registries on people based on nationality/ethnicity.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 10:07:11 am »

And they do have a law specifically against making registries on people based on nationality/ethnicity.

Yeah, so wouldn't this kind of thing be illegal under Swedish law?

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 10:09:48 am »

It is. That was my point, these police officers DID break the law when they made the list. So did everyone who kept it updated along the years and used it to profile people.

Sweden had laws that were in place SPECIFICALLY to prevent things like this but the corrupt police force in fact chose to break the law.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 10:18:31 am »

It is. That was my point, these police officers DID break the law when they made the list. So did everyone who kept it updated along the years and used it to profile people.

Sweden had laws that were in place SPECIFICALLY to prevent things like this but the corrupt police force in fact chose to break the law.

Well, at least in this case there's the possibility that the people responsible can be punished for it.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 10:26:24 am »
I am reminded of this time when Canadian police shot an 18 year old for brandishing a knife (there were like 8 cops) I am wondering if they got punished

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 09:21:12 am »
Another update:
http://www.dn.se/nyheter/sverige/romer-kontrollerades-i-sina-egna-hem/

Basically, the city of Stockholm had a list containing names of thousands of Roma as well as information about them and anyone married to a Roma. Originally this began in 1959 (Though they already had a list of names of Roma done in 1954) when they wanted to help the Roma living in Sweden, helping them obtain homes and ensuring that their children receive education.

As years went on the list grew and the basic belief was that the country has a "Gypsy-problem" and in order to fix it they must be integrated into the society. They also did house calls to the homes of Roma to make an assesment and grading of their intellegence, hygiene, behaviour and other things needed for the files.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 01:45:21 pm »
[snip]
okay, that's a bit terrifying...

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 02:42:05 am »
Another update:
http://www.dn.se/nyheter/sverige/romer-kontrollerades-i-sina-egna-hem/

Basically, the city of Stockholm had a list containing names of thousands of Roma as well as information about them and anyone married to a Roma. Originally this began in 1959 (Though they already had a list of names of Roma done in 1954) when they wanted to help the Roma living in Sweden, helping them obtain homes and ensuring that their children receive education.

As years went on the list grew and the basic belief was that the country has a "Gypsy-problem" and in order to fix it they must be integrated into the society. They also did house calls to the homes of Roma to make an assesment and grading of their intellegence, hygiene, behaviour and other things needed for the files.
Oh goody, now all that is needed is an international company to process census data then you have the “IBM and the Nazis” scenario! In before "racial hygiene" bs.
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 06:23:30 am »
Turns out that the Swedish passion for making list about people based on their ethnicity wasn't limited to just the Roma. They also had lists about Finns. (Not that suprising since we are basically the Mexicans of nordic countries, when we have had poor economy we skip the border or swim across the pond to Sweden in search of jobs.)

I'm guessing that if people really start digging up there will be way more of these lists and this is not the work of some random officers, this has been part of their culture in the Swedish police force.