Author Topic: Stupid criminals  (Read 2898 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Stupid criminals
« on: June 25, 2013, 11:14:35 am »
Finnish man was suspected of drunk driving. He would have gone to court because of it last week but this had to be postponed because he and his brothers and other relatives kidnapped the witness to the case, beat him up (with unnamed instruments) and locked him in a shack the night before the court session.

They let him out after the court would have ended and dropped him off at the hospital, where the victim received treatment and will soon be going into surgery because of a head injury.

The most severe punishment he could have gotten for the drunk driving would have been some parole but now there are four people who are awaiting charges for an handful of crimes which will give much bigger punishments...

Extremely odd concidering that none of the people involved had any serious criminal record before this. (The fact that they apparently didn't bother hiding their identities or getting alibies or anything is also just lazy.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Stupid criminals
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 11:39:20 am »
...Why am I getting this bad feeling that there are people going to be rushing to the defend the actions of those four?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 12:15:33 pm »
...Why am I getting this bad feeling that there are people going to be rushing to the defend the actions of those four?

There are pro-drunk driving groups out there. I've even seen one that ran ads on youtube.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 12:19:22 pm »

There are pro-drunk driving groups out there. I've even seen one that ran ads on youtube.

But of course. Who cares if I'm putting people's lives and property and rather high risk? Taking a cab or public transport or having a designated driver is mildly inconvenient, consarnit!

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 02:10:50 pm »
I should be surprised that there are pro-drunk driving groups out there, but alas I am really not.
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 02:27:11 pm »

Nah, this is Finland.

People are complaining that they will get minimal sentences. People are complaining that drunk driving should NOT be considered a mild crime, because it puts several lives in danger. People are complaining that since they are charged with several crimes they will get a discount on their sentence (this appears to be true in Finnish legal system.)

And since the article made it clear that these people are ethnically finnish (so that people would not automatically complain that immigrants are committing crimes) they are complaining that if the crime had been done by immigrants it would not have been in the news at all.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 02:36:04 pm »
Well that's better than expected.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline poeticmind0189

• Neonate
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 04:04:46 pm »
Most bank robbers want to stay anonymous but not this one. Hannah Sabata a 19 year old women stole a car then robbed a bank (a stupid move already) to make this dumber yet she posted a video flauting the money and the keys to the car she stole. Can anyone say BUSTED!!!!!

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 05:42:10 pm »
The other day I read about some teenagers who somehow obtained another woman's credit card (dunno if they found it or stole it) and used it to go to the movies. They took pictures of themselves holding the credit card in a photo booth at the theater, then left the pictures and the credit card lying there. I don't even know how to respond to that level of stupidity.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 05:57:56 pm »
There was this one video on youtube where a police officer told about some of the cases he had been investigating.

There was one time where he was interrogating the suspect. He started off with a simple "did you do it?" and the suspect responded with a long and detailed explanation about how he is innocent and that there is no way he could have done the crime. The cop listened to the story calmly and when it was over he just said "You did it, didn't you?" and the crook just gave up and said yes.

Case 2: The cop explained that the crime was quite serious and that it would be better if he wrote an apology explaining how he regrets doing it and maybe he gets a reduced sentence. The crook agrees and writes a written apology, signs it with the interrogators also signing it to prove that it is real. Then they take it to the court as a written confession.

(Apparently the apology would not have done any good anyway as the judge would not be the one deciding what type of sentence he would have gotten? Or that's how the cop said it.)

Case 3: While interrogating a suspected burglar, the young man starts bragging that the cops have no evidence against him. He goes on and on how he is going to law school and is way too smart to be caught by some stupid cops. Explaining that there is nothing linking hiim to the crimes since he sold all the stolen items for cash in pawn shops (or possibly flee markets or something like that) and there is no paper trail to connect him.

Cop spends one evening going through pawn shops to look for the stolen items and the pawn shop owners recognise the robber and testify that he was the one who brought the stolen items to them.

Apparently the crooks brain wasn't as big as his ego.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 06:28:54 pm »
I recall once instance where an iPhone or iPad was stolen and the woman who took it promptly began taking pictures of herself with it, not realizing that everything was promptly being uploaded to the owner's iCloud.

The last I heard of the case, he had posted all of the shots on his Facebook and told people to go crazy.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2013, 04:51:14 pm »
I have only heard of some dude here breaking into a store, slips on something, falls backwards and momentarily loses unconsciousness. When he came to he called 911 saying that he was in a store, slipped and fell and needed medical attention. Needless to say, he admitted that he had broken into the store to steal some stuff. This was a few years ago so I don't remember the exact details.

Speaking of stupid criminals, it seems that most of the stupider ones I've seen on Youtube tend to take place in a store:

Like this one:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fKM6UyFecE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fKM6UyFecE</a>

I will have to find out where I can read the local police blotter online so that I can post some stuff here.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2013, 05:36:16 pm »
I don't feel like finding the video right now, but there's security camera footage of a drunk breaking into a liquor store that people love to pass around.

His idea is to sneak in through the drop ceiling, so of course he has several fumbles and nasty falls on the way up outside. While in the ceiling, it obviously doesn't support his weight and he promptly crashes down into the store and takes a few more knocks from bottles landing on his head. He starts "shopping", but realizes that now he can't get OUT. He manages to climb up into the drop ceiling a bit, but falls when the ladder is too unsteady and nearly breaks his back falling on a shelf. He tries to use a hand cart to smash or pry the glass doors open, but nothing works.

He finally just lights up a cigarette and waits for the cops to arrive and get him out.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.